Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » LittleBigPlanet PS Vita » LittleBigPlanet Vita to be bigger than PS3's LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 30, 11 at 2:19amAurora

LittleBigPlanet's upcoming PS Vita outing will be the biggest LBP game to date according to SCEE.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is bigger than both the series' PS3 outings, according to Executive Producer Pete Smith.

"LittleBigPlanet [Vita] is bigger than LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2," Smith told NowGamer at the PS Vita Experience event last week. "It's got the full toolset from both games, it's crazily big. And then we've got all of the sharing that you previously had, plus a whole set of new levels. That is gigantic on a handheld device. Smartphones can't compete with that. They just can't."

Sony demonstrated head-to-head PS Vita/PS3 cross-play at the event, but despite a Vita/PS3 co-op demo level-sharing and creation won't be cross-platform when the PS Vita and LBP Vita arrive.

"At the start we thought long and hard about that, because initially we were thinking we could maybe port the game. The more we started playing about with things, the more compromises we found we were going to have to make," explained Smith.

Backwards compatabilitiy would have been too big and issue, as well as all of the PS Vita's bespoke features, he added. "What if you're making a Vita version on PS3 and it's got rear touch? How do you test that? What if I've created it on my Vita and it's got front touch but it goes up on PS3? It's not a port of the PS3 - LittleBigPlanet Vita is its own game."

PS Vita launches in the UK on 22 February 2012.
Source

Fantastic. I never meshed with LBP on the PS3 but I can see myself liking it better on a handheld system.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 10, 12 at 5:42am
goldensun38

won a vita and chose this as my game. i can tell i didn't choose wrong

Feb 04, 12 at 9:43pm
Skydweller

quote Mudkip94
As long as its not like the PSP version I'm up for this game.
Totally agree. I thought the psp version was lacking on most of the features that were in the ps3 version especially the no multiplayer thing. That really pissed me off. So I sold my xbox and got a ps3 instead lol.

Dec 21, 11 at 3:08am
Mudkip94

As long as its not like the PSP version I'm up for this game.

Dec 20, 11 at 11:19am
yugiRULER

I miss this game. I wonder if I'll eveer get to picking up a vita and this.

Dec 16, 11 at 9:23pm
Kubrick

Ah! This just makes me very excited. ^^ I loved the second one more then the first, so I'll see how this goes. ;D Hope it is great.

Dec 12, 11 at 2:23am
lovelyfisher

Completely agree with the above post. I had a lot of fun with Little Big Planet for psp, it was a great game for when I was really bored. It's almost like the perfect game for a handheld, perfect to play a quick game when you're on the road. I'll probably grab it for the Vita.

Dec 01, 11 at 11:29pm
Celes Leonhart

That's pretty cool. I played the first LittleBigPlanet and had lots of fun but I'm not an imaginative person in the slightest and it couldn't capture me like a lot of people and I skipped the sequel. I heard the sequel was way more ambitious too, allowing the creating of shoot 'em ups and things. It's a title I can definitely see working on a handheld though.

Nov 30, 11 at 2:19am
Aurora

LittleBigPlanet's upcoming PS Vita outing will be the biggest LBP game to date according to SCEE.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is bigger than both the series' PS3 outings, according to Executive Producer Pete Smith.

"LittleBigPlanet [Vita] is bigger than LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2," Smith told NowGamer at the PS Vita Experience event last week. "It's got the full toolset from both games, it's crazily big. And then we've got all of the sharing that you previously had, plus a whole set of new levels. That is gigantic on a handheld device. Smartphones can't compete with that. They just can't."

Sony demonstrated head-to-head PS Vita/PS3 cross-play at the event, but despite a Vita/PS3 co-op demo level-sharing and creation won't be cross-platform when the PS Vita and LBP Vita arrive.

"At the start we thought long and hard about that, because initially we were thinking we could maybe port the game. The more we started playing about with things, the more compromises we found we were going to have to make," explained Smith.

Backwards compatabilitiy would have been too big and issue, as well as all of the PS Vita's bespoke features, he added. "What if you're making a Vita version on PS3 and it's got rear touch? How do you test that? What if I've created it on my Vita and it's got front touch but it goes up on PS3? It's not a port of the PS3 - LittleBigPlanet Vita is its own game."

PS Vita launches in the UK on 22 February 2012.
Source

Fantastic. I never meshed with LBP on the PS3 but I can see myself liking it better on a handheld system.