Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dark Souls » Dark Souls Member Videos » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 26, 11 at 4:36amAura

Edit: Adding all current, and any future videos made by me into this first post. I'll also add any videos submitted by other members unless they state that they don't want the videos added.

Videos by Aura:

Farming for Titanite Slabs, Chunks & Dark Hands:

Farming for Red Titanite Slabs, Chunks, Sunlight Medals, Demon Titanite & Titanite Catch Poles:

Watch the Stray Demon get owned:

The easy way to farm Dragon Scales:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 08, 13 at 3:57am
Aura

I'm thinking that for the dex weapons, I'll scrap the idea of the Great Scythe altogether, and bring in the Chaos Blade instead. So I'll have a choice of two dexterity weapons, one with good range but with a lower attack rating, the other will have a better attack rating, better speed, but less range and a health penalty for every attack dealt.

For strength weapons, I'm thinking a Greatsword or Large Club would make the fight interesting. Time will tell.

Feb 08, 13 at 3:46am
jbh

Aura Silver Knight Spear would definitely be interesting, I'd be interested in a slow strength weapon as well though. Up to you, either way I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Feb 08, 13 at 3:44am
Aura

Lorx, the Lifehunt Scythe has the same range and speed as the Great Scythe (from what I've tested), but that user bleed build can be a bit of a hassle when pushed into a corner by hordes of enemies. It wouldn't be so bad if there was more equipment with good (not just decent) bleed resistance, but with the limited choices for how to beef up bleed resistance, it's a weapon that I feel gets completely overshadowed by the Great Scythe in terms of being user friendly.

jomoh71, you're referring to the Great Scythe I take it?

jbh, I have been giving it some thought, but I'm a drawing blanks as to how to go about it. Having a massive DPS setup is all good and well, but I'm really wanting to steer away from that and start using some single stat builds for future videos and challenges. If I go with strength weapons, I'll be moving more slowly, but dealing a lot more damage against Artorias, so all that's really required is knowing the attack patterns. If I go with dexterity weapons, then I need to pick something that will have the range required to make up for the lack of heavy hitting attacks.

At this point I've ruled out using a Balder Side Sword (overused in PvE now), a Falchion, or a Painting Guardian Sword. Which narrows my choices down to just a couple of weapons that I think would be worth testing a challenge against Artorias with: the Great Scythe or the Silver Knight Spear. These two can be pretty heavy hitting weapons though, so I'm considering leaving dexterity at around 25-30 as a handicap of sorts.

Feb 08, 13 at 3:29am
jbh

Great vid Aura, I consider Kalameet the hardest boss so that was really impressive to watch.

Any plans to do an Artorias challenge fight? or at least one where you aren't dealing insane amounts of damage Interested to see how you go about it.

Feb 08, 13 at 3:21am
jomoh71

I have that as one of my favorites as well

Feb 08, 13 at 2:27am
Lorx

That is actually rather intriguing, I didn't know it was so fast in comparison to it's counterparts. Does that apply for Lifehunt as well, or is it slower?

Feb 08, 13 at 1:34am
Aura

A little bit of both, the Great Scythe is my favourite weapon by far, despite having quite a few videos displaying the Painting Guardian Sword in action. The mechanics behind the GS are quite interesting, as like all halberd type weapons, missing has a slight delay before being able to attack again, which works excellently when the opponent advances - it's because of this delay, that you're actually given just a fraction longer before the window to perform a second attack closes.

An old video, but skip to 2:59 to see how the attack delay when missing can be advantageous. I miss on the first swing, the opponent draws in to attack, but because the window for the second attack is still open, I'm able to swing a second time and catch them off guard for a hefty chunk of damage. I might be sacrificing speed for missing, but in return, I'm getting some monstrous range, and the bonus of a split second longer for following up on any missed attacks.

Feb 08, 13 at 1:04am
Lorx

Deary me you are far better than I am

Why Scythe? Personal preference or is there a more mechanical reason?

Feb 07, 13 at 7:29pm
Aura

Lorx, jomoh71, this is the video of me taking Kalameet's tail solo. At 7:02 I get clipped for the measly 5-20 points of damage, which ruled out doing the no-damage boss fight here.

Jan 26, 13 at 5:20pm
Arcliff

Just me, playing around.