Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Corsair Vengeance Quad-Channel Memory Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 22, 11 at 3:07amleochan

Corsair's quad-channel Vengeance memory modules are designed to work with Intel's new Sandy Bridge-E platform. We put two Vengeance kits to the test to see if running DDR3 memory in quad-channel really make all that much of a difference in practical applications like gaming.

Corsair Vengeance Quad-Channel Memory Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 23, 11 at 6:44pm
hiigaran

Nov 23, 11 at 5:54pm
BlackLabel

quote hiigaran
I'm no good with my hand so making a gorgeous case mod with LEDs and such just isn't in the cards for me
you could always pay me to do it for you

mind you, ill probably add a water cooling system powered by a jet engine while im at it, too...
If and when I win big I'm gonna take you up on that offer.

Nov 23, 11 at 3:07pm
hiigaran

im still adding more on to that case, though its mainly just MOAR FANS! i just got my hands on 4 arctic cooling fans from a dead computer, along with a 7600GT (or GS, i mix them up)

Nov 23, 11 at 10:19am
Shadow of Death

quote hiigaran
I'm no good with my hand so making a gorgeous case mod with LEDs and such just isn't in the cards for me
you could always pay me to do it for you :_oops:

mind you, ill probably add a water cooling system powered by a jet engine while im at it, too...
I was actually thinking that I could just pay someone to do the case mod, and yes your name came up (what with that whole plane case mod you were doing XD).

Nov 23, 11 at 9:03am
hiigaran

you could always pay me to do it for you

Nov 23, 11 at 1:18am
Shadow of Death

quote BlackLabel
I'd love some of that Vengeance LP RAM.. Don't really wanna spend all that money for the SB-E platform and an i7 3960X just to take full advantage of it. One can dream, maybe I'll win big on the lottery then any rig is possible. ^_^
Hah, yeah if I end up with about $5 million for the rest of my life, after getting a house and vehicle and furnishing I expect to be down to more like 4.6 million. About 10K of that will be an epic computer. Won't necessarily be gorgeous looking (Not going to get an alienware, and I'm no good with my hand so making a gorgeous case mod with LEDs and such just isn't in the cards for me), but it will have bleeding edge performance.

The RAM in this review is sexy looking, and it performs/overclocks well. I'd probably use the higher end kit in this dream rig of mine.

Nov 23, 11 at 12:19am
LeadSled

I have been running some benches although I have Patriot memory from 1333 through to 2000mhz.1333@6,6,6,18 T1 2:6 , 1600@8,8,8,24 T1 2:8 and 2000@9,9,9,27 2:10 I used 3DMark11 for exanple I5 750@ 4500mgz and 5850 in crossfire on a ASUS Sabertooth55i 1333 I get P9506, 1600 P9505 , and 2000 P9393 . It seems to me the lowest memory Ratio with the lowest timing at the highest speeds like 1:3 with a high BCLK is the faster memory set up. My Sabertooth will only run 220 BCLK max. I think that is why the best memory and the most expencive is the PC12800(1600mhz) CAS 6 memory or even the PC16000(2000mhz) CAS 6 has a cost of $500-$600 for 8GB. I have seen only a EVGA board run a BCLK of 253 everyone else seems limited to 225 or lower but it seems the lowest CAS is the way to go. The new sandy bridge i7 2600 if you are lucky you may get 106 BCLK. The new 2011 have a choice of BCLK of 100,133,166,200 and 250 bedending on what board and if you noticed they have 2 cores turned off. They are 8 core cpu's under cover. The eight cores are out in March to Im waiting for my X CPU untill then. I can run anything now at over 100fps EVGA GTX570 Classified@ 963/2000 in SLI and it beats the 580's@797/2200 and I run everythig with max settings 8XAA ,16AF and HBOA on and I get around 160-180 BFBC2 with a i5. My 2011 is already to go just need a CPU antec GF-85 MSI BigBang , three radiators first 3X120 3 core , second 2X120 dual core and on top 2X140 triple core and everything is water cooled(distilled+antibiotic/fungal) two pumps both swiftech a 600 and a 655. Two optical drives DVD-RW and BR-RW with PC Power and Cooling Silencer 950MKII certified@115 amps 1380Watts single rail and 2X4GB @6,6,6,18@1600mhz@1.6volts.

Nov 22, 11 at 2:53pm
BlackLabel

I'd love some of that Vengeance LP RAM.. Don't really wanna spend all that money for the SB-E platform and an i7 3960X just to take full advantage of it. One can dream, maybe I'll win big on the lottery then any rig is possible.

Nov 22, 11 at 3:07am
leochan

Corsair's quad-channel Vengeance memory modules are designed to work with Intel's new Sandy Bridge-E platform. We put two Vengeance kits to the test to see if running DDR3 memory in quad-channel really make all that much of a difference in practical applications like gaming.