Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » PokéLounge » Requests and Feedback » Post Reply

Note to Guests: PLEASE NOTE: Threads concerning Pokémon should be brought to their respective forums, including game talk, strategies, trading, and etc. Thanks.PLEASE NOTE: PokéLounge is a forum for off-topic discussion. Any Pokémon related topics should be posted in the General Pokémon Forum.
Wish to see more of our fantastic Pokémon Forums? Click here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Nov 14, 11 at 8:19pmPhi

If you have any forum requests or feedback, just post them here. ^~^

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 08, 15 at 3:43pm
Game Over

dilute
Yeah, that was just a dumb April Fools prank that I tried to do. Besides, Chaos Team is someone who deserves a goodbye thread.

EDIT Nix
Eh, it's the wrong place, but congrats on becoming the RPG/Adevnture mod! I wasn't sure where to congratulate you.

Jan 08, 15 at 3:34pm
dilute

A'ight. Though as I said Sigma cleared it up so all's cool man.

Jan 08, 15 at 3:30pm
MegaBassMan

quote dilute
That wasn't the stated reason Vast.
Regardless of where I stand on the actual issue, the fact of the matter is that it was basically an April Fools post.

Jan 08, 15 at 3:28pm
dilute

That wasn't the stated reason Vast.

Jan 08, 15 at 3:17pm
Vast

quote dilute
Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a rude bastard but I actually need to ask things here.

On April 1 2013, Game Over posted a thread stating that he left Neo. The thread was closed soon enough by Aurigae, with the following reason:

"Goodbye threads aren't allowed on PokéLounge."
From then on, nobody dared to post similar threads again.

Now recently Chaos Team posted a similar thread. I want to ask that just because he's an old member and really good friends with the mods and the "popular and cool" members of the Pokemon Community, he can post these threads and Austin can't?

Squiggle Quixotic

I'll spare Aurigae the notification to avoid being a pain in her final days on Neo.
There's a huge difference. Chaos Team has been posted in PokeLounge almost since its creation; Game Over had only been on the site for a few months. Sigma's basically covered everything, but it's up to the mods for what's allowed and what's not allowed. Game Over's post was made on April Fools day, so it got closed, mainly for the reason of it being 'April Fools Day' spam, similar to how my thread did 3 years ago.

Jan 08, 15 at 12:32pm
Sigma

quote dilute
Makes sense Sigma. Thanks for clearing that out man.
No problem dude.

Jan 08, 15 at 12:29pm
dilute

Makes sense Sigma. Thanks for clearing that out man.

Jan 08, 15 at 12:11pm
Sigma

quote dilute
Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a rude bastard but I actually need to ask things here.

On April 1 2013, Game Over posted a thread stating that he left Neo. The thread was closed soon enough by Aurigae, with the following reason:

"Goodbye threads aren't allowed on PokéLounge."
From then on, nobody dared to post similar threads again.

Now recently Chaos Team posted a similar thread. I want to ask that just because he's an old member and really good friends with the mods and the "popular and cool" members of the Pokemon Community, he can post these threads and Austin can't?

Squiggle Quixotic

I'll spare Aurigae the notification to avoid being a pain in her final days on Neo.
That would be because at the time he was not even five months old. Newer members always make threads like these to try to get attention, make people feel bad, see if anyone cares whether they leave, sometimes for APRIL FOOLS JOKES, etc. Jason has been a member of this community for five years, and he is well known to everyone across the site. In my own humble opinion, exceptions for members like him who have considerable experience and have been around for extended periods of time deserve the right to post a thread saying good-bye and thanking Neoseeker for all that it has done for them. If you've been here for a year or less, let's face it; you don't have as much experience as someone who has been here for more than five years, you don't know as many people, you haven't made as many long lasting bonds and you don't have a connection with Neo like some of us have. I can also 100% agree that Austin has turned into a fantastic community member, but the fact that he made that thread so early on is something any new member is inclined to do. I made many like it and they were also closed. If Austin were to make a thread similar to that today I am sure it would have a similar response. I would also add in that Aurigae was moderating at the time rather than Squiggle and Quixotic and the fact that the rules may have changes since almost two years ago, but I feel that part should mostly just be a given.

Someone like Jason making a thread like that is completely justifiable in those respects.

Jan 08, 15 at 12:05pm
Eiche

quote Tommy Vercetti
This doesn't warrant it's own thread, but I have a question. Whatever happened to the sprite competitions that there used to be in all the Pokemon forums?
People lost interest in it and it kind of died off. It's unfortunate, I really liked scrolling through those since there were some great spriters hanging around. Would've loved to participate but my spriting skills were atrocious and always gave up after I spent an hour trying to make a shape of a head.

Jan 08, 15 at 9:34am
Tommy Vercetti

This doesn't warrant it's own thread, but I have a question. Whatever happened to the sprite competitions that there used to be in all the Pokemon forums?