Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Intel Core i7 3960X Sandy Bridge-E Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 18, 11 at 12:10pm
Shadow of Death

@Leochan - Nice review but.....

On the 10th page, it says you're testing Farcry 2 and Dirt 2....But the descriptions are for Warhead and Lost Planet respectively (and in the settings for the Dirt2/Lost Planet description on the same page, the resolutions are flipped around from 800x600 to 600x800) >_>

Maybe my next rig will be Core i7 3930K based (the cheaper of the two 6 core CPUs). Less L2 memory sucks a bit, but it is significantly cheaper. Of course, by the time I build a new computer a whole new line of CPUs after these will probably have come out XD

Nov 14, 11 at 8:05am
leochan

Intel's new Core i7 3960X is the latest implementation of the Sandy Bridge CPU architecture and promises outstanding performance in multi-threaded applications, or at least the ones that can use 12 threads at once. It's the top-end processor of Intel's new flagship Sandy Bridge-E platform, with a price equally fitting for large ships. Hitting the market at just under one thousand bucks at launch, one will need to be dead serious if they want the latest in multi-threaded performance. Hit our own review to see if the Core i7 3960X is just as serious at what it does best: