Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » I Forgot my Windows 7 Password :( » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 09, 11 at 3:11amDitzy Lokz

Is there any way i can recover/reset it??

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 21, 13 at 4:11am
CMNealTan

^^ +1 to Ditzy Lokz

quote SgtMartin
Linux has many different programs to unlock windows user accounts. I just can't think of one of the top of my head.
I think you mean this.

Feb 20, 13 at 12:16am
Northern49

I think Hiren's Boot CD is the way to go. Never fails.

May 24, 12 at 5:22am
SgtMartin

Linux has many different programs to unlock windows user accounts. I just can't think of one of the top of my head.

Dec 08, 11 at 8:26am
alpensopath

As my experience, there are some effective solutions for Windows 7 password recovery

Option 1:Use Windows 7 password reset disk

That should be the first one to solve the problem when you realize you forgot Windows 7 password, if you didn't create the disk in the past, you can DIY a password reset disk through a third-party tool.

Option 2 : System repair disc

In addition to Win 7 password reset disk, System Recovery Options is another Windows feature that allows you to recover password. If you have a system repair disc, the steps in this post are for your Windows 7 password reset:

This two options are the most used methods when people forgot their Win 7 password. However, if you try the both tips and fail for your Windows 7 password recovery, the below guide shows you another two efficient tips.

Trick 1: Using Windows 7 default Administrator account

Windows 7 OS has a built-in administrator account which is created during Windows installation without password, and disable by default. You need to enable that account before losing your other admin account password. Or in this tip your built-in administrator account won’t appear in the screen.Suppose we have lost Mosoh account password.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

3. Select the Administrator account that appear in the screen, then enter command prompt.

4. Type: "net user Mosoh 123456" and press "enter" button, it will show you a message that ”the command completed successfully".

5. Restart your computer, then you can log in as Mosoh with the password 123456. You can go to control Panel to change your account password if necessary.

Trick 2: Using Windows Password Key to crack password

If you haven’t enabled the default account before and you need to log in your system as soon as possible, this trick will help you regain access to your pc within 5 minutes without losing any data.

Step 1: Log in any available computer that you can access to and allows you download. Download and install Windows Password Key in that computer.

Step 2: Run and burn the program to a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.

Step 3: When finish, insert the disk to your locked Computer and make your computer boot it from the disk by changing the BIOS setup, then you can follow the instruction to reset your password. It’s 100% recovery, so I’m sure you’ll enter your system with that account.

View more at: http://www.techyv.com/questions/forgot-my-password-how-can-i-enter-windows

quote Ditzy Lokz

Nov 13, 11 at 10:36am
JohnEric

Forgetting Windows 7 password of your account is a common issue and efforts to access the computer often goes to no idea. Well, regardless of administrator or other user passwords, luckily there are several ways to get your Windows password reset. Lots of ideas can be found in the web. You can even have software free to download.

You can find more tips here:
http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-resolve-password-issues-win-7

Nov 12, 11 at 9:22pm
Venom OG

I already have the .iso image burned into a disk. It doesn't work either way. So I'm literally screwed since I have tried every option. I want to take it to the store so they can't do it themselves, except I'm behind on payments and I don't know if that will prevent me from using my insurance?

Nov 11, 11 at 7:29pm
D-G

quote Venom OG
Is image file and .iso not the same? I have managed to get a password reset program but it always says there is nothing in the partition drive when I try booting from the USB flash drive.
An iso is an image, yes.

However, you can't run an iso without mounting it in a virtual drive or burning it to a disc and putting that in your cd/dvd drive.

Do that and run it from disc instead of the USB drive.

Nov 10, 11 at 9:08am
Venom OG

Is image file and .iso not the same? I have managed to get a password reset program but it always says there is nothing in the partition drive when I try booting from the USB flash drive.

Nov 10, 11 at 1:34am
loarpa

When I forgot my Dell Win 7 laptop password, a tutorial titled:

Tips on Dell Windows 7 Password Recovery

helped me and I opted for its suggestions:

Option 1: Dell Windows 7 password reset by other accounts with admin rights

Option 2: Recover Dell Windows 7 password with command

Option 3: Create a bootable Dell Windows 7 password recovery disk

The third one helped me DIY a password reset disk easily and got out of problem quickly!

u can search the article title to view more details!

Nov 09, 11 at 3:11am
Ditzy Lokz