Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Hopefully this won't be an epic fail just like Battlefield 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 05, 11 at 4:54amMyShilohMy

I wouldn't call Battlefield 3 an epic fail, but it DEFINITELY let a lot of people down. Campaign is hard (mainly because I suck), but it just wasn't enjoyable for a lot of people I hear. It didn't keep my attention like MW2's campaign. I'm really looking forward to survival mode in MW3. I think Activision is set for a long time though. They've set up a nice trap where they make the same Call of Duty game with a new name and new maps and everyone buys it because it has a handful of things different about it. They are all great games, but if you've played them all a lot it can be easy to mix them up because they are so similar. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 09, 11 at 2:55am
bronze0800

i am the only one who thinks this game was a total waste of money sadly i cant get a refund thou seems i brougt on pc.

Nov 09, 11 at 2:52am
CrematedMan

quote bronze0800
persoanlly i exspected much more from battlefield 3 seem battlefield 2 was gr8 kinda a let down

didnt exspect much from mw3 jus as well really seems the games a total mess online with jus about everything needing patching. thou offline is good and kinda entertaining if not a little short im told .

My homicidal tendencies are tingling. You are the argument against freedom of speech.

Given I found Black Ops disappointing, and enjoyed Battlefield 3,I can expect to disagree with some of you guys on this. I really enjoyed MW3, despite some connection issues.

Nov 09, 11 at 2:13am
bronze0800

persoanlly i exspected much more from battlefield 3 seem battlefield 2 was gr8 kinda a let down

didnt exspect much from mw3 jus as well really seems the games a total mess online with jus about everything needing patching. thou offline is good and kinda entertaining if not a little short im told .

Nov 07, 11 at 8:50pm
Faded

quote roseability
xJawz already has it and has said it's disappointing and doesn't think the game can last a whole year which is weird as I expected him to sit on the fence as far as opinion about the game goes.

I wasn't raising my hopes but I definitely don't expect too much and will be playing Black Ops until the hackers ruin it.
xJawz just rages a lot. He probably has bad stats, and now that he can't dashboard, he gets mad, bro.

Nov 07, 11 at 8:47pm
umgee

quote CrematedMan
quote umgee
quote HU1CH13
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I still love MW2 and CoD4 over BO, but if anything now it's the hackers that ruined MW2 now, it's even worse than before, was playing S&D with me mates online last night, every game people were hacking. And they don't half make their 24/7 UAV hack *bleep*ing obvious when they just instantly turn around and pre fire me around a corner when I have Ninja Pro on and at times Cold Blooded.
I haven't played MW2 for almost a now, due to hackers.
Game was fun as hell, but the bastards completely screwed the game.

I don't even care if it's "just a game", filthy *bleep* like that don't deserve to live irl.
How long exactly is "a now"?
I said "a *year now". It was just written in really small, invisible text.

Nov 07, 11 at 3:23pm
KR_1250

quote Mia
quote Mohamadito
I have mw3, just bought it yesterday and managed to get to level 38.
But seriously, mw3 let me down. Its not good as I expected it to be, mw2 is way better as it has better graphics, sound effects and gameplay than mw3.
I haven't played the campaign yet, but survival mode is freaking amazing.
Quickscoping is really easy in mw3, just like mw2.
Every game I play I get EMP'd by the enemy 2-3 times, which is really annoying.
Mw3 will let you guys down.

Excuse me, but how exactly is this possible? I thought Acitivison was taking a stand on people who got the game early or at least not allowing the mutliplayer to work.
^ Rumours IMO.

Every single time a new game comes out these rumours circulate about game developers coming round to our houses and massacaring our first born children if we play it early.

It never happens. And the practical consiquenses of people playing early from a developer point of view are extremely minimal. Its ussually just players who get the hump, then devs promise action.

It would be too time consuming and costyly to police it. Not only that but the ultimate responsibility for an early release lies with the retailer, not the consumer. We have made a purely legal purchase on an illegal sale.

I have had every COD game early since WAW, got my MW3 on Saturday. Its just not a very practically important issue, and the developers cannot legally interfere with customers who have bought legitemate copies of the game regardless of release date.

Nov 07, 11 at 2:37pm
Drogo Baggins

quote Beta
Lol this forum would be incomplete without a thread about how Battlefield 3 is shit.
Honestly, though, with the (something like) 5-10 threads, and many, many posts that people have made here saying COD sucks and that Battlefield is great, I think this forum's allowed one of these threads.

At least the OP isn't being an idiot by taking this "hate thread" to the BF3 forum like how a few BF3 fans took their MW3 hate threads here, before the game was even out.

I think both (or perhaps all) fanbases have their fair shares of idiots, coming in all shapes and sizes. It's not just COD fans as the memes would suggest.

Perhaps that last bit's a conversation for another thread.

Nov 07, 11 at 2:10pm
Flagman

quote Beta
Lol this forum would be incomplete without a thread about how Battlefield 3 is shit.
Definately. Am I the only person who is loving Battlefield 3 and also really looking forward to MW3? Campaign difficulty is good. I love a challenge and achievements make it worth it. If you're finding the campaign too hard then multiplayer won't be much fun as most players are at the skill to handle it.

Nov 07, 11 at 1:55pm
Miss Fortune

quote Mohamadito
I have mw3, just bought it yesterday and managed to get to level 38.
But seriously, mw3 let me down. Its not good as I expected it to be, mw2 is way better as it has better graphics, sound effects and gameplay than mw3.
I haven't played the campaign yet, but survival mode is freaking amazing.
Quickscoping is really easy in mw3, just like mw2.
Every game I play I get EMP'd by the enemy 2-3 times, which is really annoying.
Mw3 will let you guys down.

Excuse me, but how exactly is this possible? I thought Acitivison was taking a stand on people who got the game early or at least not allowing the mutliplayer to work.

Nov 07, 11 at 1:25pm
KR_1250

I never understood the "difficulty" thing with any multiplayer games.

In a purely multiplayer competative game surely the game is only as easy or as difficult as the enemy players ?

I mean if someone asked me wether Cod4 or MW2's multiplayer is more difficult i'd have to answer "depends who your playing against".

Maybe im not getting ya.