Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini) » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jul 15, 05 at 5:35amKrimsonDragon

The second book of the trilogy, Eldest, is coming out in Aug. 23, 2005.

This is the follow up to, Eragon. In this installment Eragon must journey to Ellesmera. Where he must continue his dragon rider training.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 27, 16 at 12:45pm
Gotenks

I always find myself looking for news on the Inheritance Cycle in hopes that something does pop up. Absolutely love the books and really want to give them another read sometime since it has been a few years.

Oct 27, 16 at 7:14am
Kaharius

Don't know how many of you already know this, but Paolini has confirmed a possibly fifth book in the Inheritance cycle. You can see his answers to a lot of fan questions here, here and here. He is also considering seven probable prequels and standalone novels, all set in Alagaesia. Additionally, he's also stated that he's working on a multitude of other books as well, one of them being a science fiction novel, tentatively named "#TSiaSoS".

Jul 24, 12 at 8:51pm
oliveoil

I just finished reading the third book which I liked. I'm still waiting to buy the freaking last book. It's taking me to long to get to it. I'll probably read it by the end of summer.

Apr 12, 12 at 4:10pm
thewatermeloncult

quote WLB
That was thoughtless of me, I'm really sorry to ruin that for you. I've editted my post now, perhaps could you do the same since people can still read it there?

thewatermeloncult
Thanks.

Apr 12, 12 at 3:20pm
WLB

That was thoughtless of me, I'm really sorry to ruin that for you. I've editted my post now, perhaps could you do the same since people can still read it there?

thewatermeloncult

Apr 12, 12 at 2:57pm
thewatermeloncult

quote WLB

Wait, what?

Please, use spoilers .

Apr 11, 12 at 6:06pm
WLB

I got the fourth book yesterday, finished it today, which says something I guess.

I really enjoyed the series - I don't think it's the best written and the story is a little cliche and predictable, but I'm still sad to see it end.

Mar 29, 12 at 7:46pm
oliveoil

I started rereading the books again before I read the fourth book. I kinda forgot a lot of the things that happened but I think the series as a whole is really great.

Mar 29, 12 at 8:53am
Kaiba

The similarity to Star Wars has been pointed out countless times, especially in reviews of the book/movie.

Mar 29, 12 at 6:35am
thewatermeloncult

I still haven't read book four, I need to go to Chapters here soon.
I noticed a while ago how similar these books are to star wars. Even a lot of the characters are the same (Eragon is similar to Luke, Brom to Obi-wan, etc).