Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » The "What Game Should I Get?" Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DS Logo Animal Crossing New Leaf Castlevania Lord of Shadow Cooking Mama DKC Returns 3D Dead or Alive Dimensions Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Fire Emblem Awakening Harvest Moon A New Beginning Kid Icarus Uprising Luigis Mansion Dark Moon Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Mario Kart 7 Dream Team Monster Hunter 4 New Super Mario Bros 2 Amsey Sigma Squiggle Heibai Swampert X Eiche Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Pokemon X Pokemon Y Project X Zone Resident Evil Revelations Rune Factory 4 Mario 3D Land Shin Megami Tensei IV Sonic Generations Star Fox 64 3D Paper Mario Sticker Star Tales of the Abyss

hideOriginal Post

Oct 30, 11 at 9:51amBig A2

In order to lower the amount of threads asking for recommendations, bbb and I have decided to start this general thread for people who are unsure about what games are worth buying, similar to the one in the General Wii forum.

Just some advice; When you post tell us what kind of games you're looking for, be it action, RPG, platformer or something for your 8-year old son. Also be sure to tell us what popular games of those genres you (or the person you're buying for) already own/enjoy, as it would make recommendations a lot easy.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 02, 14 at 12:21pm
Mudkipzroks

Get Pokemon X and Y, Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Conception 2 Children of the Seven Stars, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance. These games are most likely the best games you will find.

Jul 02, 14 at 9:30am
ezekyb

You should obviously get every single pokemon game monster hunter games and just what ever else you want its all based on what you want you get what you want dont ask us what you should get you know what you like so get it

May 13, 14 at 12:25am
FlamingoGames

Ok some recommendations here , Bravely Default (lots of hours with this one ) ,Fire emblem (amazing and extremly addicting) pokemon X Y of course ,Kirby tripple deluxe AWESOME but too short like 6 hours, Legend of zelda a link between 2 worlds amzing 17 hours..
Now dont buy super mario 3d world very short like 5 hours game good but too short, Animal crossing i dont get understand this game you are just f@cking around all day its like a facebook game,....and thats it:D:confused:

Dec 26, 13 at 5:48pm
Wilhelm Ryan

Ehh... I'm not sure what game to get, as I'll probably be looking to get a new game tomorrow.

I'm thinking of: Luigi's Mansion, A Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mario Kart 7, or... something else. Not sure what to get, really. I know I've missed out on a lot of good games. Definitely looking for something pretty large, and with a fair amount of replayability. Not necessarily an RPG, either.

Dec 22, 13 at 8:50am
Aurigae

Tekken that much of a disappointment, eh?

Shame, DoA:D wasn't bad, but I do agree with the controls. It was a nightmare to "button bash" for the moves. Found it so much easier on my Xbox360 on Dead or Alive 5, wasn't as good of a story as DoA:D, though. :-(

Dec 20, 13 at 1:49pm
Spook

Unless you're a huge Tekken fan, avoid it. Avoid pretty much all fighting games on the 3DS (including BlazBlue ). The controls are terrible if you play any similar games on consoles or PC.

60 fps is impressive though and it's not a bad looking game. I just can't back the translation to this handheld.

Dec 15, 13 at 6:56am
Aurigae

So it's Christmas time! *Fa-La-La-La-La... La La La Laaaaa*

I am thinking of trying something new game wise to get the most out of my 3DS. Here are the games I have got/had:

The reason I am asking? Well I was wondering if anyone had tried out the Tekken 3D game. I am looking to reach out into the Action section of the 3DS games branch since I am more of a RPG lover.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Dec 07, 13 at 7:34pm
Justin

You may have me sold. I played New Frontier (not sure if that was the legit name or what) and enjoyed it very much. I'm kind of debating on whether or not I should get my hands on the new pokemon game, or go with something else. Haven't gotten a 3DS title since the first purchase of mine, Animal Crossing.

Dec 05, 13 at 9:10am
Xeros the Slayer

quote neoh
should i try the new rune factory ? what is it like ?
Rune Factory 4 is probably the best in the series. Also probably the quickest to pick up and learn though it'll steadily feed you info about how everything works.

Combat is simple but fun, you have a three-quarters view looking down on your character, doing attacks with A, and two specials or spells you select mapped to X and Y. Instead of simplified farming systems like its predecessors, it retains the more advanced features of older Harvest Moon games like field quality degrading through overuse, meaning you have to do crop rotations and fertilize your fields(until you get the chemistry set and start making your own growth boosters.)

The plot and dungeon progression is at a break neck pace compared to previous titles, especially the console entries, you'll be five dungeons in before the end of spring if you're a fan of that aspect of the game or just like following the plot. Another thing that speeds it along is the ability to take human companions to the dungeons. They level at about the same pace you do but unlike monsters you have to give them weapons and armor as gifts to strengthen them as well. Taking people with you gets them to be friendlier to your character too, so it's always worth considering to invite characters to go wander about.

Once again you're an amnesiac traveler, male or female, but with a twist here, you find yourself as acting ruler of the town of Selphia due to the locals believing you to be the prince who declared he'd be staying in the town. This adds a new feature called Orders which are bought by Prince(ss) Points, you use orders to have the town host festivals, upgrade your farm or home, obtain licenses to the various crafting skills, etc.

Biggest difference I noticed off the bat was that the audio doesn't sound like its recorded off of vhs,

I'd recommend it, it's a good game as well as the fact that it might not be around much longer due to the studio shutting down.

Dec 05, 13 at 8:35am
neoh

should i try the new rune factory ? what is it like ?