Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » The "What Game Should I Get?" Thread » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Oct 30, 11 at 9:51amBig A2

In order to lower the amount of threads asking for recommendations, bbb and I have decided to start this general thread for people who are unsure about what games are worth buying, similar to the one in the General Wii forum.

Just some advice; When you post tell us what kind of games you're looking for, be it action, RPG, platformer or something for your 8-year old son. Also be sure to tell us what popular games of those genres you (or the person you're buying for) already own/enjoy, as it would make recommendations a lot easy.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 5, 16 at 11:29am
bbb7002004

HelloNurse

TWEWY and Layton v Attorney are both great, highly recommended.

I'll just start listing off some random games that I really like that don't seem all that widely known:

Okamiden on DS and/or Okami on Wii
Muramasa the Demon Blade on Wii
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 1 and 2 on either DS or 3DS
Pokemon Conquest on DS
Ghostbusters on Wii
Red Steel 2 on Wii
Wonderful 101 on Wii U
Bayonetta on Wii U

Dec 2, 16 at 10:56pm
HelloNurse

Hey all, I'm looking for some diamond-in-the-rough 3DS, DS, Wii, and/or Wii U games since I have several GameStop preowned certs to burn. I was considering:

The World Ends With You
Professor Layton And The Azran Legacy
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

...and that's all I can come up with right now. I'm definitely up for suggestions cuz like I said it's a ton of certs. I'm just finding that I already own a lot of the best games. I was hoping maybe you could let me know about a few I'd overlooked. XD
I really wish there were more physical releases of the last Phoenix Wright games.

Nov 12, 16 at 6:24pm
Saku

C Falcon I've never actually played Scribblenauts but I always thought it looked like a lot of fun, especially since I like drawing! But yeah Happy Homes is much similar to why you described. Basically you'll get an animal customer and they will tell you what they like and sort of what kind of design they want. Then you try to design their home to suit that theme. Or your boss will give you special assignments. One animal I had was a bookish animal and I made their home basically like a library haha.

I never actually played Tomodachi Life but I did play the demo which you can probably try which was super entertaining. I had N's Mii dressed up in a grass skirt I don't know if the actual game would get repetitive or not but definitely seems entertaining from the demo.

Nov 12, 16 at 6:00pm
C Falcon

quote Saku
You have different types of assignments so it still has somewhat of a progression throughout the game and is not just designing one house after the other.
Hey Saku, have you played any of the Scribblenaut games? That's the impression I get from Happy Home Designer that you design rooms which have some sort of theme I'm guessing, but the way you do it is kind of open-ended, much like Scribblenauts' missions. Am I close-ish?

Also, would you guys recommend Tomodachi Life? When I first saw it, I thought it was entertaining to say the least.

Nov 12, 16 at 3:02pm
Saku

I'm already a bit lost in this because I haven't had time to read the discussion but I just wanna say Fates is an amazing game I've only played Birthright about halfway through so far though so I can't really compare it to Conquest (which I do also have), but I love the feature of My Castle and I also liked the battle changes from Awakening. I'm not sure if I'll ever play all three games but definitely recommend trying at least one of them.

As for Happy Home Designer, it is a really fun game for those who just wanna experiment with different housing arrangements and not have to worry about hunting down every item because you'll have a plethora of items available to you with each new house. You have different types of assignments so it still has somewhat of a progression throughout the game and is not just designing one house after the other. Some of the homes turn out to be quite good, I wish there was a way to transfer the designs to a main AC game.

Annnnd I'm going to recommend an unrelated game, to anyone who has been a fan of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series, or to anyone who has ever dreamed of being a farmer one day (I know you all secretly do!) I totally recommend the new Harvest Moon: Skytree Village that just came out. I know some fans who played The Lost Valley may have some misgivings about another Natsume Harvest Moon but this game fixes a lot of the issues people had and is simply addicting. It's great to play while waiting for Sun & Moon to come out (though to be honest I'm gonna have a hard time putting it down for Pokemon so trying to play as much as I can) >...> Anyway for those curious about it I made a "First Impressions" thread so hopefully that will give some insights on whether it would be a game for you.

Nov 12, 16 at 1:33pm
C Falcon

quote IamthebestNever
If you opt for this mode, your fallen unit will be revived the next turn instead of dying permanently.
Yeah, I don't know if I'd opt for that mode either. At least in casual when they die, they just kind of go away for the remainder of the battle.

I am only drawn to Conquest because of the black case/people in black. I suppose that's a factor too? Maybe I should look at who I can get in each game and see which look cooler to me.

Nov 12, 16 at 11:05am
IamthebestNever

C Falcon, Weapon durability no longer exists in Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation so you are free to equip whichever weapon you like without fearing that it will eventually break or run out of uses.

Phoenix mode is the easiest mode in Fire Emblem Fates. If you opt for this mode, your fallen unit will be revived the next turn instead of dying permanently. Makes battles way too easy so I think this mode should be avoided completely.

Nov 12, 16 at 10:50am
C Falcon

Oh they don't? Is that the case for both games or just Birthright? IamthebestNever Weapons not breaking isn't a huge deal to me since I'm pretty good with managing them.

Also are you saying that you never played Phoenix mode or that it is so bad that it should never be played?

Nov 12, 16 at 10:43am
IamthebestNever

C Falcon, easier in terms of battles? Yes, I think Birthright is easier than Awakening because weapons, with the exceptions of staves, do not break anymore. But I guess the difficulty also depends on the game mode you are playing on (Phoenix - never play on this, Normal - this is good, or Hard, which is best on Birthright).

Nov 11, 16 at 10:44am
C Falcon

quote IamthebestNever
I'd suggest grabbing Birthright and then downloading Revelation as DLC (Rev gives a fuller picture of the story but I'd only advise playing it after you have beaten Birthright).

I think I might pick it up then. I really wish I could play a demo of both just to see which I like better. If I do buy it, I'll probably go for the Revelation DLC as well.

Even easier than Awakening too? Is that just for Birthright?