Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » The "What Game Should I Get?" Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DS Logo Animal Crossing New Leaf Castlevania Lord of Shadow Cooking Mama DKC Returns 3D Dead or Alive Dimensions Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Fire Emblem Awakening Harvest Moon A New Beginning Kid Icarus Uprising Luigis Mansion Dark Moon Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Mario Kart 7 Dream Team Monster Hunter 4 New Super Mario Bros 2 Amsey Sigma Squiggle Heibai Swampert X Eiche Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Pokemon X Pokemon Y Project X Zone Resident Evil Revelations Rune Factory 4 Mario 3D Land Shin Megami Tensei IV Sonic Generations Star Fox 64 3D Paper Mario Sticker Star Tales of the Abyss

hideOriginal Post

Oct 30, 11 at 9:51amBig A2

In order to lower the amount of threads asking for recommendations, bbb and I have decided to start this general thread for people who are unsure about what games are worth buying, similar to the one in the General Wii forum.

Just some advice; When you post tell us what kind of games you're looking for, be it action, RPG, platformer or something for your 8-year old son. Also be sure to tell us what popular games of those genres you (or the person you're buying for) already own/enjoy, as it would make recommendations a lot easy.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 17, 14 at 11:17am
dilute

Aurigae Thanks for that! I'll definitely get them if my debit card works on the US 3ds

Jul 17, 14 at 11:13am
Aurigae

Ah, I see.

Dilute: I believe Shadow Dragon & The Sacred Stones are on the 3DS eShop, they should be fairly cheap as they are part of the Virtual Console collection. The GBA game Fire Emblem is on the Wii U eShop.

Jul 17, 14 at 11:08am
dilute

Aurigae

quote Dilute
Whelan It's probably my gamer intuition but I don't exactly like playing newer games before playing the old ones in a series.

Jul 17, 14 at 11:05am
Aurigae

Dilute: Fire Emblem Awakening is a good buy, definitely. FEA was my first Fire Emblem game, and it was pretty easy to get into the plot. It doesn't involve you getting all of the previous games to get the plot, which is good to have in a series imo.

Jul 17, 14 at 10:01am
dilute

Whelan It's probably my gamer intuition but I don't exactly like playing newer games before playing the old ones in a series.

Jul 17, 14 at 9:57am
Whelan

quote Dilute
Whelan As I have said in my earlier post, I want to play the other games in the Fire Emblem series before getting onto FE:A. =3
Sounds lame. Awakening was my first. Didn't bother me really.

Jul 17, 14 at 8:21am
Spook

1001 spikes, denpa men 3, etrian odyssey iv, smt soul hackers are all great, too. all pretty inexpensive as well. and there's no continuity in awakening, so I'm not sure why you're adamant about waiting until you've played the other games. it's one easiest fe's outside of lunatic mode. easy to pick up and get into.

Jul 17, 14 at 7:50am
dilute

Whelan As I have said in my earlier post, I want to play the other games in the Fire Emblem series before getting onto FE:A. =3

Jul 17, 14 at 6:34am
Whelan

Without looking at what others' have said, I'll just recommend Fire Emblem Awakening. If you have a reason not to buy it then all righty then.

Jul 17, 14 at 6:04am
dilute

bbb7002004 You know, I'd really like to play the other games in the Fire Emblem series before giving a go at Fire Emblem: Awakening. You see, I'm a poor guy and I can't just buy games at my leisure. The same goes for SMT4. Even though I've already played Persona 3 and 4, I want to play the main games in the series first. Those games can wait anyway, I want an action packed game like MH3U first =3