Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 27, 11 at 10:19pmleochan

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a cost effective heatsink that gets the job done in mild to medium overclocked setups. It maintains the design of its predecessor while introducing the new Continuous Direct Contact design that basically reduces the gaps typically seen between the heatpipes on the base of similar heatinks. That makes for better contact between the heatsinkn and the CPU heatspreader, but does it make for better value? Hit our latest heatsink review to find out!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 06, 12 at 6:17am
Mark102

Nice Review!

Nov 05, 12 at 10:13am
Anon

What the hell? "The only real flaw with the 212 EVO is that it currently lacks support for Intel's upcoming LGA-2011 socket."

The Hyper 212 Evo supports the 2011 socket...

Nov 02, 11 at 1:10am
psope

Nice! I have one of these coming soon! Much better bang for buck then Zaleman imo

Oct 30, 11 at 1:43pm
BlackLabel

Great review. I may have to pick one up as the stock cooler on my Phenom II X4 955 BE is good, but I'd be happier with something with a bit more power behind it.. By the way I wish stock coolers mounted the way many aftermarket coolers do, I find it easier to connect the heatsink when I have to install brackets and stuff than having to fiddle with those frustrating clamps many stock coolers come with.

Oct 30, 11 at 4:25am
Vagabond

quote ashantiqua
wouldve been nice to see it compared to the original hyper 212.

nice heatsink comparison though.
Thanks for taking time to read our review ! Unfortunately we are unable to included all heatsinks and only test what we currently have in our labs. However, I understand your point, and if we do get the original Hyper 212 we will update our charts.

Thanks

Oct 30, 11 at 3:45am
ashantiqua

wouldve been nice to see it compared to the original hyper 212.

nice heatsink comparison though.

Oct 27, 11 at 10:19pm
leochan

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a cost effective heatsink that gets the job done in mild to medium overclocked setups. It maintains the design of its predecessor while introducing the new Continuous Direct Contact design that basically reduces the gaps typically seen between the heatpipes on the base of similar heatinks. That makes for better contact between the heatsinkn and the CPU heatspreader, but does it make for better value? Hit our latest heatsink review to find out!