Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Feedback] Improve Neoseeker Mobile » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 27, 11 at 6:14pmDragoniteBallZ

The mobile browser version of Neoseeker is absolutely terrible to use. I guess unless you are using a large tablet or a stylus. Make a more fingertouch friendly mobile site. So its more convenient for me to look over modded forums among other things when I am not on my home computer.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 25, 12 at 10:09pm
DragoniteBallZ

Probably the easiest way to create a mobile site is using a grid or frameworks such as Bootstrap or jQuery Mobile.

Mar 19, 12 at 1:14pm
hiigaran

i dont suppose it is possible to have a completely stripped down version of neoseeker for devices with very low amounts of memory, like the older generation PSPs, huh? its not that big of an issue, but it helps when i can see the little folder colour icons that say whether or not there has been a new reply in a thread...replacing the image with a letter or some kind of ascii symbol would work wonders.

Mar 19, 12 at 8:37am
Nagare

Whelan, I've never seen the email icon, but I think a similar location for the last post link would be great. Whether it was in the top or bottom right wouldn't bother me, but I think that would be a good spot for it.

Mar 19, 12 at 7:29am
Whelan

One suggestion I'd thought of was to have a fixed position for the link that links to the last post in a thread when viewing the my.neoforum

At the moment it's like that ^, and depending on the length of the title it's sort of annoying each time as it differs position.

But yeah, a complete different topic than the tags right now.

Mar 19, 12 at 6:41am
Dragoon

quote Akira_EX
Not the red moderator tags, but the list of forums.
^ agreed. When I'm browsing the forums and people who have a lot moderator tags such as Dark Arcanine it looks crowded and really bad. Maybe just linking the moderator tag to the site positions section of the neoprofile instead would suffice if there is worry about newer members not knowing who moderates what forum. Same could go for wikistaff tags as well. This would also clear the problem of the possible confusion of the crs tag being bundled with the moderator tag.

Mar 19, 12 at 1:16am
Memento Mori

quote Akira_EX
Still doesn't prevent those stupid second sigs though.
Maybe a setting so that any images on the page have to be manually loaded rather than being done so by default?

Mar 18, 12 at 8:02pm
Akira_EX

Not the red moderator tags, but the list of forums.

Sigs are also disabled already in mobile mode. Still doesn't prevent those stupid second sigs though.

Mar 18, 12 at 5:21am
Scarchelli

Why moderator tags?

I definitely don't like browsing on mobile, but avatars don't bother me. Signatures definitely would, but I don't see those, anyway. Are they disabled on mobile in general, or just on my phone?

Mar 16, 12 at 6:09am
Akira_EX

quote DragoniteBallZ
Avatars need to go in mobile mode I think. Thing about mobile modes is you gotta omit the non essentials. Avatars and sigs could probably just be viewed in mobile profiles but not threads.
Avatars are fine on mobile modes because they can help identify who is talking.

Stuff that need to be removed are tags like the forums you moderate/Wikistaff wikis, and sigs

Mar 15, 12 at 4:04pm
Memento Mori

I've only briefly used mobile mode since the update, and I've not seen any improvement and the only thing I have noticed is actually less convenient for me than it was before.
quote DragoniteBallZ
Avatars need to go in mobile mode I think. Thing about mobile modes is you gotta omit the non essentials. Avatars and sigs could probably just be viewed in mobile profiles but not threads.
Sigs, sure. But I don't mind avatars. Option to switch them off would suit both camps.