Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Main character (speculation) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Oct 27, 11 at 5:21pmRandome

I just read somewhere that some people believe that the new main guy will be Patrick McReary, because of the way he left Liberty City.

R* likes to use an many ethnicities as possible and he is a generally likable character.

Opinions? Other ideas?

ChiroVette

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 15, 12 at 3:37pm
Master

Yeah, as of right now, anything more detailed than 'it takes place in Los Santos and the surrounding country' plus a handful of little things from the screenshots, is just rumors. Them blatantly saying an old character will return and you bust him out of jail doesn't make any sense at all as it defeats the whole purpose and surprise of it.

It's like if after the first SA trailer, they were like 'btw you get to meet Claude and Catalina.'

Sep 15, 12 at 3:28pm
thetwilight

"the "universes" are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it - so no, we don't believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe. "

Quote from Rockstar. It doesn't look as if we'll be breaking CJ out of prison after all.

www.gtav.net/news/4456/what-rockstar-said-about-quotuniversesquot

Sep 15, 12 at 5:28am
HilaryDuffGta

i cant remember where i read it but i know for a fact they said in one mission you bust out a old gta character,my guess is its gotta be CJ or Cesar,if i can remember where i read it i will post it,if not i'll do a yahoo search sometime today and post the link

Sep 14, 12 at 10:59pm
Tommy Vercetti

A return from Tommy would be totally badass! He's the most hardcore character, and had the most success. Hell it woukd be enough for me just to get a mention of Tommy or even a cameo in the background.

Sep 14, 12 at 5:56pm
Chelskiman

Tommy making a return would be pretty cool. He was probably my favourite main character to date.

As has been stated though, I'm not terribly fussed who it is, as long as he's cool and isn't boring. I didn't mind GTA4 as well, but Niko, as far as main characters go, was quite boring imo.

Sep 14, 12 at 3:18am
Andy Jay

First time I saw the trailer I thought it was Tommy, only older. Wouldnt mind that, or could be that guy from LCS.

Probably somebody new, but I'd like Tommy back.

Sep 04, 12 at 11:15pm
KR_1250

quote Master
Yeah, I don't even think it has anything to do with personal disappointment... I enjoyed the game for what it was, but they'd have to mess up pretty bad to not be able to do a better story this time around.
I dont think the basic fundementals of GTAIV story were bad. But i'd have liked the story to go more along the lines of Nikos militairy past than the romantic girlfriend family stuff.

The eastern european immigrant plotline was so in tune with the times aswell, im really surprised they managed to make it boring. It had loads of potential.

Sep 04, 12 at 12:31pm
Gregm

I think the ending was what mainly nobody liked. What was the point in doing all the shit Niko did, only to have it be completely worthless?

Sep 04, 12 at 10:50am
Master

quote KR_1250
Anything has to be better than how GTAIVs story turned out.
Yeah, I don't even think it has anything to do with personal disappointment... I enjoyed the game for what it was, but they'd have to mess up pretty bad to not be able to do a better story this time around.

Sep 04, 12 at 12:42am
KR_1250

In a strange way i am not bothered who the main character is or how many we play as.

Anything has to be better than how GTAIVs story turned out. As long as the character isnt boring and dull i'll probably be pleasantly surprised. GTAIV's dissapointments have actually put me in a great position to enjoy GTAVs story and campaign mode.