Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » GTA V vs. Saints Row 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Oct 25, 11 at 2:43pmRandome

It's the ultimate showdown!

I kind of wish that R* would have waited about 3 to 4 more months before getting too serious with GTA V, so they could have seen SR3 and known more about what they have to beat.

But then again GTA ≠ Saints Row.

Obviously these games will not be in direct competition, because it's probably going to be about realism vs. insanity and they will both have their good and bad sides, but which game do you people prefer?

The SR3 forum: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53549/

Ultimate showdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 30, 13 at 6:20pm
ChiroVette

quote Chelskiman
I don't even think we can compare the two games anymore. SR has gone off into a completely new direction. It's annoyed a lot of the fans, by the looks of it, but I don't mind that they've gone this way. What's the point in having two similar games? May as well have the more "serious" one in GTA and then for full on fun and craziness go with SR. I'll be getting both regardless I reckon.
I agree with you. While everyone else doing sandbox crime games is scrambling to copy GTA, Volition is going out of their way, not to mention out on a limb, to be as different as humanly possible. I love SR3, and for my tastes, think it is ten times the game that GTA IV was. I am not sure what to expect of GTA V and Rockstar at least seeming to want to be a little more over the top than GTA IV. Nor am I sure what to make of the wild insanity of a main character going from the streets of gang banging to become President of the United States and fight off an alien invasion. I can tell you that I love the concept, and will see how it plays out in August.

I can also tell you that no matter what I am pre ordering SRIV and that I may pre order GTA V, as long as Rockstar demonstrates that it has far departed from the underwhelming seriousness limiting gameplay of GTA IV.

Mar 27, 13 at 2:27am
Dreadlock Holiday

Perfect way to sum it up Ben73. I found a case of saints row 2 in my room, and am confused as to how I got it, seeing as I only played saints row a few times, and the game wasn't even in the case.
Can't wait to see the new range of vehicles.

Mar 27, 13 at 1:12am
KR_1250

quote Ben73
GTA V will take the world by storm.
SR 4 will take it by light drizzle.
HAHAHA !

Best way to put it.

Mar 26, 13 at 7:24am
Ben73

GTA V will take the world by storm.
SR 4 will take it by light drizzle.

Mar 25, 13 at 7:47am
Darnit

SR is pretty much turning into a joke at this point, like someone else said, the 'insanity' of SR3 felt so forced, unlike in SR2 or San Andreas where they got it just right. Amazingly SR4 looks like it's going to be even more ridiculous than 3. SR reminds me of Eminem, the first two albums were great, the third was step in the wrong direction, and by the looks of it the fourth it will be complete shit.

Personally I quite liked GTA IV, I wasn't so sure at first, but I think I appreciate it a lot more despite some of it's flaws. I was never going to truly love it as I just hate LC. But I'd still give it a 7/10. If V can get back some of that classic GTA humor, a nice big varied map and planes I'm sure it will beat the living hell out of the third and fourth Saints Row games.

Mar 25, 13 at 3:13am
imperialcereal

I got halfway through saints row 3 before questioning what the *bleep* I was actually playing and turning it off. Never playing that shit again.

Mar 19, 13 at 2:20am
KR_1250

SR 4 trailer?

Mneh...

GTAV please.

Mar 17, 13 at 12:24am
Coi Cki

I saw the SR4 teaser. First thought after seeing it was "Really?"...
I doubt I'll get the 4th SR. SR2 was good, 3... really felt like it was written and made by horny teenagers. And 4..? Looks like they're focusing on the Enter the Matrix... oh, right.. Dominatrix - thing a bit too much.

One playthrough of SRT3rd was enough for me. It tries too much, and ends up being just too cheesy and lame. If SR4 stays like that, I'll steer clear of it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to GTA IV...

Mar 16, 13 at 7:29pm
Chelskiman

I don't even think we can compare the two games anymore. SR has gone off into a completely new direction. It's annoyed a lot of the fans, by the looks of it, but I don't mind that they've gone this way. What's the point in having two similar games? May as well have the more "serious" one in GTA and then for full on fun and craziness go with SR. I'll be getting both regardless I reckon.

Mar 16, 13 at 4:32pm
Dreadlock Holiday

I never really got into Saints Row 3 that much, I've followed the entire GTA series since the first game came out, I just didn't enjoy Saints Row as much.