Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Tower of God » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 23, 11 at 9:19pmMastix

Tower of God

"What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - "
"That is here."

Twenty-Fifth Baam is in a strange place. He has just lost his only friend, and he is staring at a monster.

He is on the lowest floor of the Tower of God.

His best friend, Lahel, sought the door to the Tower in order to escape the dark world where they lived. Baam simply got dragged along for the ride. But inside the Tower, everyone must make their own way to the top, and Baam quickly learns that the Tower's inhabitants have a low opinion of "Irregulars" - those who enter the Tower without invitation. Faced with the prospect of a new test on every floor and many, many, MANY intrigues and colliding stories and wills in this alien, magical realm, his determination to reunite with Lahel is the only thing keeping him going.

Written and illustrated by Slave.In.Utero, Tower of God is a new Manhwa with only 48 chapters at the time of this writing. And it is awesome.
This is currently my favorite running manga aside from Air Gear. It is fantastic. It's weekly, every chapter is in glorious full color, the art is excellent, and the plot is unlike any other. Really, it's a great read. It's Korean, so you do read it from left to right like you would in English, and instead of a chapter, you get one reaaaaaaaaally long page that you scroll to the bottom of. Anyway, I highly recommend you check it out.

Especially for Rak (depicted as an alligator with a lance in the image above). Rak is <3. His goal in the tower is to hunt turtles. He calls everyone a turtle. Frankly, he's hilarious. His chibi image:

I think there were some of you I told to get into this. It really is worth reading. It probably won't ever get an anime, but I really hope it does.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 13 at 3:39am
Poke_mario

Shishishi, loading time! And the points system for summoning is so funny, Viole (Baam) is worth 1,000,000, while old hothead (Quatro Blitz) is only 90,000! I laughed.

Sep 16, 13 at 11:33pm
Mastix

finalfight, dude, I was hoping someone would revive for that chapter.

Everyone knows Rak is by far my favorite character.

Sep 16, 13 at 4:05pm
finalfight

Mastix So how bout that latest chapter?

I think that just about sums it up.

Really feels like things are going to come to a head soon.

Apr 07, 13 at 3:43pm
Geo

Mastix
Yuri? I only saw Androssi in that chapter. Can't wait to see the Traveller shout out "Baam" in her presence.

Apr 07, 13 at 1:17pm
Mastix

Geo, Read 139 yet!? YURI FREAKIN' ZAHARD MAN.

Mar 04, 13 at 7:06am
Geo

Woo woo woo. What if all 3 groups go to the workshop battle and 2 teams have to lose/die and the survivor becomes Baam's teammates.
That's wicked.

Feb 26, 13 at 2:41pm
finalfight

Mastix

The upcoming Workshop Battle is going to be a strange one, that's 3 teams full of people we're supposed to be rooting for. Baam's old team, his new team, and the FUG team he's being forced into. You know at some point you'd think the FUG would look at Baam's continued growth and the history of other irregulars before him, and think that maybe they shouldn't push at him anymore than necessary.

Feb 26, 13 at 12:13am
Mastix

finalfight, Rak and Anak are back! *bleep*ing yes.

Feb 13, 13 at 9:26pm
Mastix

quote finalfight
Really big things are happening and nobody is talking about them!

Koon'll be alive for sure. But I'm still stoked as *bleep*. I'm so glad people are coming together again. I get the feeling, though, that the original crew will never be quite whole. That's not this guy's style. He's gonna make us wait for a full reunion. I trust him though. He's one of the few authors I can reliably say has never disappointed me with plot developments.

Also, finalfight, Rachel is an arch-bitch. Seriously. How much rage can one character induce?

Feb 10, 13 at 6:56pm
finalfight

Really big things are happening and nobody is talking about them!