Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » Nintendo Direct » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Oct 21, 11 at 1:26pmbbb7002004

A new feature of Nintendo of America's website, Nintendo Direct will contain videos discussing new announcements and upcoming games, straight from Nintendo. We don't know how often this will update, but I'll try and update the thread when a new announcement hits.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 2, 16 at 12:30am
Gotenks

Saku - It still needs some of the more well known titles from the big series to help them out. I haven't bought a 3DS game myself since probably Hyrule Warriors back in March. The console still has had a steady flow of quality titles from lesser brands, but it still needs the big guns too. Which is something they see from Wooly World I suppose. I think they gave up on the Wii U a long time ago since they handled it very poorly.

Sep 1, 16 at 9:46pm
Saku

Gotenks Yeah, but the 3DS isn't really hurting in the games department with lots of original games still being made frequently for it, as opposed to the Wii U which has always been struggling. Porting the Wii U's most popular games to the 3DS just seems like a bad move for the Wii U to me, either that or they are just giving up on it with NX coming soon and trying to capitalize their most popular system before the NX comes out.

Sep 1, 16 at 3:58pm
Gotenks

quote Saku
quote Gotenks
Not much of a surprise that they are porting Mario Maker over. Means one less game to play on the Wii U now.
Yeah, it seems like they are porting a bunch of Wii U games over like Yoshi's Wooly World as well.. not sure if it's an entirely smart choice since Mario Maker and Yoshi were some of the more popular games for Wii U.
If the rumor of them supporting the 3DS until 2018 is true then it makes sense to move some of the more popular games over to help continue to sell the 3DS.

Sep 1, 16 at 7:54am
IamthebestNever

Hey guys, there's a highlights thread here so feel free to post your thoughts there as well!

Sep 1, 16 at 7:43am
Saku

quote Gotenks
Not much of a surprise that they are porting Mario Maker over. Means one less game to play on the Wii U now.
Yeah, it seems like they are porting a bunch of Wii U games over like Yoshi's Wooly World as well.. not sure if it's an entirely smart choice since Mario Maker and Yoshi were some of the more popular games for Wii U.

Sep 1, 16 at 7:40am
Gotenks

Sep 1, 16 at 7:36am
bbb7002004

And its over!

Pretty much what you'd expect, covering a bunch of stuff releasing soon and a couple of new games for next year. Big announcements were:

3DS ports of Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World
Mario Sports Mix
2D Pikmin game

Sep 1, 16 at 7:22am
Lesley Pro_04

Yeah, I'm glad that I'm not stuck at work either Saku even if I missed the first 10 minutes.

Sep 1, 16 at 6:54am
Saku

Mawile It didn't happen yet! But very soon... like in 7 minutes (You can see it on the first page of this thread)

I am excited that I get to watch this time and I'm not stuck at work for once

Aug 31, 16 at 7:03pm
Mawile

Did anyone watch it? Cause I didn't nor can I find it anywhere.