Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » Nintendo Direct » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Oct 21, 11 at 1:26pmbbb7002004

NA: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct
EU: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html
JAPAN: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

A new feature of Nintendo of America's website, Nintendo Direct will contain videos discussing new announcements and upcoming games, straight from Nintendo. We don't know how often this will update, but I'll try and update the thread when a new announcement hits.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 02, 16 at 8:28am
Enth

Kinda suprirsed that there'll be no Miitomo news but fair enough! I forgot about Bravely Second. It won't be in the Europe version since it's out there now, but then Europe doesn't have Fire Emblem Fates yet, so that could end up being the big difference between region versions of this Direct

I too think it's too soon for the S&M trailer. I mean, there was a lot of disappointment that the Pokemon Direct didn't include one, but there was nowhere near enough backlash for Nintendo to think "Ah damn, better drop a trailer asap".

Federation Force could be shown, but I kinda feel it only will if it looks significantly more interesting, otherwise people are gonna ignore it straight away.

Mar 02, 16 at 8:06am
bbb7002004

quote Enth
quote bbb7002004
Don't expect Miitomo or NX news.
Did Nintendo say that? Because Miitomo is meant to be launching this month along with the Nintendo Account service...
Yup, specifically mentions that there won't be NX or Mobile news. I'm sure they'll make a big deal of those two things on their own, closer to release. Perhaps even wait to talk about Nintendo Accounts at a NX unveiling event later in the month, who knows?

The Direct is specifically talking about summer games, so I think Star Fox is a given, and probably FExSMT. I'm sure they talk a bit about Twilight Princess since it launches on Friday. Good chance of seeing Federation Force pop back up as well. There are rumors of a Wii U Paper Mario and a 3DS Art Academy focused on Disney stuff that could easily be announced as well, and I think we'll see stuff about 3rd party JRPGs like the Dragon Quest games, Bravely Second, and maybe 7th Dragon. Don't know if 7th is that big on NoA's radar though. There are probably a couple of minor 3DS games that we don't know about but will get unveiled.

I'd love to see localization announcements/dates on Detective Pikachu, Ace Attorney 6/Great Ace Attorney, and Monster Hunter X, but those seem less likely to me given how this is the "summer" direct.

I really doubt we'll see any Zelda or Pokemon SM. Zelda has the better chance, but that seems like a game they'll hold till later in the year anyway, and I think the rumor of an NX port is incredibly likely. I imagine they'll hold off on showing anymore about that game until we've seen the NX in action. I'm somewhat of the same mind on Pokemon as well, I think they may do a cross release with NX for Sun and Moon and are waiting to show off the more impressive NX version when they show the console. Even if that isn't the case, it seems odd that they'd announce the game with only logos and a bit of concept art then follow up a week later with an actual trailer.

Mar 02, 16 at 7:41am
IamthebestNever

Pokemon Sun and Moon release date? Some gameplay footage would be nice, too. I'm also hoping for some news about 7th Dragon III Code: VFD.

Mar 02, 16 at 7:08am
Enth

I'm quite hyped for it myself. The Pokemon "Direct" may have been a dud, but the last proper Nintendo Direct was fantastic. I'd like to believe that even if there aren't any megaton announcements that we'll still find out some pretty cool stuff.

Thing is, with Starfox Zero supposed to be out next month, we're garunteed to at least get a brand new trailer for it, or announcement of another delay, or both xD

And would a Zelda U trailer be too much to ask for...?

quote bbb7002004
Don't expect Miitomo or NX news.
Did Nintendo say that? Because Miitomo is meant to be launching this month along with the Nintendo Account service...

Mar 02, 16 at 6:48am
bbb7002004

New Direct announced for tomorrow, covering Wii U and 3DS games for the summer. Don't expect Miitomo or NX news.

Not expecting a lot out of this one myself. Star Fox and FEXSMT info seem to be the best bets.

Nov 11, 15 at 7:07am
IamthebestNever

Agreed. They might also surprise us with a new Pokemon RPG (as it has been a year since ORAS). Pokemon Z perhaps? Definitely seems probable.

Nov 10, 15 at 7:39pm
Gotenks

quote IamthebestNever
Fire Emblem: Fates release date please.
This or even a Western release date for Bravely Second. Both games are much needed.

Nov 10, 15 at 5:21pm
Lesley Pro_04

quote IamthebestNever
That would be interesting. I'm more intrigued to see how it'll run without the late Satoru Iwata.

Nov 10, 15 at 5:17pm
IamthebestNever

Nov 10, 15 at 3:09pm
Gotenks

I'm gonna try and not get my hopes up for too much with the Direct. I would love to see some cool game announcements and I would also like to know when Paper Jam is releasing and maybe some kind of Smash Brother news.

Also, if we could get some new New 3DS Bundle announced for North America, that would be sweet.