Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Graphics and Animation » Web Wednesday » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Graphics and Animation forum! Please feel free to look around and learn new things in here. Don't be shy in sharing your knowledge as well. Before you start a new thread PLEASE make sure a thread doesn't already exist for the same purpose.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 19, 11 at 9:30pmZeta

Hey guys, in accordance to the recent blog posts, we decided to dedicate Wednesday to all things related to the web in design, apps, etc.

One of the most vital components of web design is the logo. It is the focus of your brand, and is essential for letting your site be known. It is a symbol for what the website is about, in a nutshell. The logo is the center of your site, everything must revolve around it, and as such, I thought it was necessary to begin with: The Logo.

The Steps to make a Successful Logo Design:

Prepare a design brief:

The first thing you need to do is to sit down with your client and collect all the initial requirements of the company. You can collect the information through a personal interview, or through a questionnaire asking the client to give you all their requirements.

Do a Research:

The next step you need to do is to conduct a research on the industry that your company falls in. It will help you assess the logo design trends in the industry and help analyze how the competitive firms are using their logos. Moreover, you need research for inspiration as well.

Make a Sketch:

After conduction a thorough research and background analysis of the firm and the industry, you need to sit down, take a paper pencil and start drawing a rough sketch of whatever comes in your mind. This part of logo designing involves a lot of brainstorming and reruns. It is easier to correct your mistakes on paper rather than on the PC.

Digitize your sketch:

Once you’re done with a final sketch, covert it into digital image for the output version. You will notice how much the handy sketches help you in your design process. The computer version will bring in neatness and precision to the logo design.

Finalize the logo:

The last step is to finalize the logo with your client. You may have to go through countless reruns of the logo design, but it is better to satisfy the customer rather than lose him. Once your client is satisfied, all you need to do is arrange the files in all file formats and send him over and enjoy your hard earned remuneration.
-------

As a bonus, I have also included samples of some inspiring logos:

For more, visit 10 Pefect Logo Design Ideas.

For further reading on logo design, check out the Perfect Logo Design Blog.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 23, 13 at 9:45pm
Archangel

IdealForms
    A great jQuery form plugin for any level of form development. It features real-time validation, custom input fields, adaptability, and even third party support. I recommend checking this out if you do any kind of form development - even a simple contact form.

Oct 16, 13 at 1:57pm
Archangel

Animated Border Menus
    This is a neat tutorial to give you some interesting borders to push menus. I've been looking into designing sites that utilize push menus over the traditional bar menu, but most clients are still stuck in the 2000's when it comes to web design. But alas, I'm sure I'll be able to give these a try someday. Number 3 in the demo is my favorite.

Oct 09, 13 at 4:19pm
Archangel

parallax.js
    Very useful tool if you ever wants to get into the parallax universe. The capabilities for mobile devices are growing so rapidly and they can now do some pretty amazing things. Check out this site on your iPad.

Sep 19, 13 at 10:00pm
Remedy

The UIBox is extremely useful. I actually bookmarked it. Shows you tutorials and amazing detailed examples. Thanks for the share, Arch.

Sep 18, 13 at 11:50am
Archangel

Favicon Cheat Sheet
    There are many different ways and sizes and browsers and whatnot when it comes to favicons, this handy article breaks down what you need to know and how to implement it properly.

UIBox
    A great HTML, CSS and Javascript UI component library. It includes things like: accordions, autocomplete, date-pickers, infinite scroll, lightbox, and much, much more.

Sep 04, 13 at 10:53pm
Archangel

FLOWTYPE.JS
Since I am concentrating on responsive and mobile design at work right now, this js plugin is an absolute perfect find since text was the one portion I was having trouble with. You can set min and max widths and change line heights at different breakpoints - it's a really good piece of javascript to have in your arsenal.

APROPOS
Another great responsive capability to utilize is with the images. This Compass extension lets you set up your variants, which could represent different sizes, resolutions, or localizations of an image, and then you define extra file extensions which map to those. The downside to this is that it's only usable with Compass, so if you don't code in Sass (like me) then it's really no use to you.

Aug 28, 13 at 6:25pm
Archangel

Really? I like the courses - well the programming ones anyway... The webs ones can be a little dry.

Aug 28, 13 at 3:21pm
Remedy

Ecto, you linked the subtle patterns not too long ago, no?

Still a bit foreign to me. I actually started to take the online course on http://teamtreehouse.com/ Very helpful, but honestly, bored out of my mind.

Aug 28, 13 at 11:25am
Ecto

quote Archangel
SASS doesn't automatically put them in, you need to make a mixin for them, so it's a little more work than using a plugin.
Ah, gotcha. That would have been nice as it can be difficult to remember which elements require only certain prefixes instead of all of them.

Aug 28, 13 at 11:03am
Archangel

SASS doesn't automatically put them in, you need to make a mixin for them, so it's a little more work than using a plugin.