Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy » PSOne Classics » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Oct 17, 11 at 7:12pmunclebobert87

I was browsing PS Store last night, and noticed a few FFs for 8 pound (bare in mind other games are 4 pound).

My question is: Are they worth 8 quid? Should i wait for HD remakes? And if i was to get one, which would you recommend?

I think it goes 4 - 9 in the series

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 14, 11 at 1:44am
Ultravegeta

Lol, I have more PS1 games on my Ps3 than Ps3 ones. XD

Have:
FF8
FF9
FF7
FF6
FF5
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Breath Of Fire 4 (Currently Playing)
Wild Arms 1
Wild Arms 2
Suikoden
Alundra

Ff4 downwards, I might get them on the Iphone. Do you know if the Iphone version of 4 is better or on par with the PSP version? If not, I'll just the PSP version. ^^

Oct 20, 11 at 10:36pm
Ground

VII VIII and IX are the only ones you should get

IV, V, and VI all have much, much better versions than the PSX ones, especially V. Just pick up FFV and FFVI Advance (If loss of quality in VI's music bugs you enough, there's a patch on Romhacking.net that reverts all the music to the SNES music and makes the Opera scene a official voiced version), and then for FFIV either get Collection for the PSP or FFIVDS for the DS.

The original FFT is on there, but if you have a PSP or iPhone/iPod Touch don't even bother with that, the new translation is much better and there's more content.

Oct 19, 11 at 5:40pm
Vicarious

Yeah war of te lions on the psp is the remake of the first one I think. I bought it the other day.

Oct 19, 11 at 4:19pm
unclebobert87

I had a look but Tactics isn't in the store, just a PSP only one with a sub-title

Oct 19, 11 at 3:25pm
BrokenKnights

quote Markimus_123
quote unclebobert87
Is Tactics part of the VII series? Should i get that 1st? I'm defo getting VII and if i like it, i'll gradually get the rest
Naa I'm pretty sure Tactics is a stand alone game, doesn't belong with any of the other games, while I think it's set in the same place as Final Fantasy XII is, it doesn't have anything to do with the game
Yeah, its thousands of years apart, but in the same universe I guess. The summons are the same.

Cloud wanders into the tactics world in search of Aerith or Sephiroth, but is just there for fun.

Oct 19, 11 at 2:14pm
Markimus_123

quote unclebobert87
Is Tactics part of the VII series? Should i get that 1st? I'm defo getting VII and if i like it, i'll gradually get the rest
Naa I'm pretty sure Tactics is a stand alone game, doesn't belong with any of the other games, while I think it's set in the same place as Final Fantasy XII is, it doesn't have anything to do with the game

Oct 19, 11 at 1:26pm
unclebobert87

Oct 19, 11 at 12:05pm
Markimus_123

Sweet deal, I'll have to buy that once I've got a bit of money, though knowing the amount of games coming out, that won't be any time soon

Oct 19, 11 at 11:57am
BrokenKnights

quote Markimus_123
Like I mentioned on PSN Rob, I'd choose either VI or VII, I couldn't get into VIII properly, didn't get far at all but from what I did play the battle system was pretty broken. Out of those 2 I'd probably choose VI, being my favourite of the older FF games, but while VII wasn't my favourite it's definitely a game that any Final Fantasy fan should play

quote BrokenKnights
Tactics should be played on the PSP (if you don't have PSP, play Tactics before any of the others on PSN).
Is Tactics on the store? I'll have to have a look for that I play Tactics A2 on the DS, but I didn't get into the original so that might be a good download
The original PSX version is in the PSN store. It's vastly superior to A2, lol.

Oct 19, 11 at 8:55am
Markimus_123

Like I mentioned on PSN Rob, I'd choose either VI or VII, I couldn't get into VIII properly, didn't get far at all but from what I did play the battle system was pretty broken. Out of those 2 I'd probably choose VI, being my favourite of the older FF games, but while VII wasn't my favourite it's definitely a game that any Final Fantasy fan should play

quote BrokenKnights
Tactics should be played on the PSP (if you don't have PSP, play Tactics before any of the others on PSN).
Is Tactics on the store? I'll have to have a look for that I play Tactics A2 on the DS, but I didn't get into the original so that might be a good download