Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy » Final Fantasy series has become a bad joke » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 14, 11 at 5:30pmdoomed_soul89

It used to be really good but then they lost alot with X but it was still pretty good then they had the horrible online one which hurt it's reputation and then the offline MMO that was XII was still okay but not that good. But with this latest batch FF is just complete crap. XIII is the most boring rpg I have seen in years, and XIV is a massive bomb, XIII's sequel looks even worse and now I'm even losing hope for versus and zero.

What I don't get is why these crappy games get good rating and sell (mainly FFXIII) despite well being extremely horrible. Are people really just that blinded by loyalty or did SE pay reviewers off?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 22, 14 at 5:36am
Rabla

quote neoh4x0r
Imagine, a book series where each book is a continuation of the previous, or at least, takes place, in the same setting.
Then, if you where Square Enix, you would completely switch to an entirely different book -- and this is what 'Final Fantasy' has become.

To Square Enix: If you want to write a new 'book' don't keep using the same name, call it something else, and definitely don't use 'Final Fantasy' in the name -- unless it is truly worthy.

This is what Final Fantasy has always been and always will be.

FF isn't a continuous series, its a collection of standalone stories (with exceptions) of similar themes.

Every numbered FF is different because that's the entire point.

Nov 14, 14 at 7:51am
neoh4x0r

quote Markimus_123
It may be different, but at the end of the day Square Enix are going to be looking to broaden their audience, so they're obviously going to experiment with changes to try and do so ;)
If they want to try new things great -- but if they change things, too, drastically then they shouldn't call it a 'Final Fantasy' game -- maybe it's time for them to look at creating a new franchise.

At least this way they won't piss-off die hard fans, or even someone who liked the games from the early days.

Imagine, a book series where each book is a continuation of the previous, or at least, takes place, in the same setting.
Then, if you where Square Enix, you would completely switch to an entirely different book -- and this is what 'Final Fantasy' has become.

To Square Enix: If you want to write a new 'book' don't keep using the same name, call it something else, and definitely don't use 'Final Fantasy' in the name -- unless it is truly worthy.

May 13, 14 at 9:07pm
Miragedres

You all play Final Fantasy and you all will continue doing so. The XIII lines of games aren't THAT bad and quite frankly all remakes have met with some decent success. Final Fantasy is alive and kicking bishes. Deal with it and enjoy the games. The good ole days are gone. Squeenix is here to stay with their new concept of what a Final Fantasy is or should be.

Apr 21, 14 at 6:35pm
Tonberry85

Since FF9 final fantasy is dead, at least the concept is.
SE is only using the name "Final Fantasy" to get the game under the attention of the masses.
And I can't blame them because it's a company and company's only have 1 goal which is making money.

FF1-7 <-- True FF imo.
8 was ok but was more graphics focused.
They got allot of complains about it and made FF9 which was in my eyes candy but the masses did not agree saying they graphics where not that great.
So in one hand SE had the fans and in the other hand the masses that demand graphics romance etc.
So as a company the choice was easy right? go for the money change the whole thing but keep the name for the money.

Now the effect this has on me is the following:
every time a new Final Fantasy is announced I rush to my comp and look it up HOPING to see a FF.
And every time I do this I get stabbed in the face, time after time, year in year out.
Same thing with FF15 wow this gotta be good.... what do I get to see? DMC ? I had to check if I was looking at the right vid (serious I double checked it).

FF = DEAD and long gone.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYaiR0obRc

What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, is history.
Only hope remains.

Jan 15, 14 at 10:48am
p0is0n0usINSIDE

quote Jeremy
quote p0is0n0usINSIDE
Pics or it didn't happen.
It was in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a cruel reality, but sadly you'll never be met with flocks of hormone crazed viera that need your manliness to procreate.

Unless you were a male viera all along. D:

Um.. I'm a girl. And I don't have sex fantasies about videogame characters. I was just posting that for sh*** and giggles just like the rest of you... unless you guys had other motives all along.

Jan 13, 14 at 7:46pm
Jeremy

quote p0is0n0usINSIDE
It was in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a cruel reality, but sadly you'll never be met with flocks of hormone crazed viera that need your manliness to procreate.

Unless you were a male viera all along. D:

Jan 13, 14 at 7:08pm
p0is0n0usINSIDE

quote Jeremy
quote p0is0n0usINSIDE
That's why I put XII on there, because of fran. Cause Idk how the Viera would reproduce otherwise.
I truly hate crushing your dreams, but male viera do exist.

Jan 13, 14 at 4:58pm
Jeremy

quote p0is0n0usINSIDE
That's why I put XII on there, because of fran. Cause Idk how the Viera would reproduce otherwise.
I truly hate crushing your dreams, but male viera do exist.

Jan 13, 14 at 11:35am
p0is0n0usINSIDE

quote Jeremy
p0is0n0usINSIDE, that list has changed for me a bit.

Top Five is:
FFVII/FFVI (I really can't choose, they were both too good)
FFIV
FFXIII
FFX

The only ones I really hated were III and XII. XII was better than III though because Fran.

Jan 13, 14 at 7:41am
Jeremy

p0is0n0usINSIDE, that list has changed for me a bit.

Top Five is:
FFVII/FFVI (I really can't choose, they were both too good)
FFIV
FFXIII
FFX

The only ones I really hated were III and XII. XII was better than III though because Fran.