Alright, first and foremost let me begin by saying that any of the parameters, match formats, maps, weapon starts, and such that I have set up is open for debate, but as of now, what I have planned out will be the official format of the Tournament. This tournament will be Round Robin style as of now, but if you guys feel a "Ladder" style tournament would go over better, feel free to voice your opinion as I am currently somewhat undecided between the two. I'm not setting a deadline yet for sign ups as to maximize the amount of people we can get in here, the more the merrier.
>>Rules & Formatting<<
Subject to change, but as of now this is how things are gonna' go.
- Teams of 3. Subject to change, depending on # of sign-ups.
- Game type will be Execution, standard rules aside from moving the rounds from best out of 5 to best of 7. This allows for what I feel to be the fairest Game type for a tournament setting, as players cannot camp "top" the entire game and come out the victor with relative ease.
- The victory will be handed to a team who can win the best out of 3 matches.
- Since people bitched about my choice of maps, they will be put up to a vote in the pre-game lobby. However, no map will be played twice. The second part of this 'rule' is not up for debate.
- Taking an idea from a previous tournament, as to minimize host advantage (seeing as this will not be played on the dedicated servers) a neutral player will be asked to host the games. We'll see how this works. Again, anyone with more clever ideas, please present them.
- As far as the weapon argument goes, I feel I'd be cheating some people of playing with weapons they like by limiting the weapon choice. All starting weapons will be available for choice. For those complaining that the Retro/SoS combination is n00by, just learn to steer clear I suppose. The split as to whether or not to include all weapons was so 50/50, that I had to make a definitive choice. This is still up for debate, I suppose, but it'll take a strong majority/argument to change my mind.
Contact myself, or Guugley or Trojanman. Both are moderators here and probably have a bit more experience in this area.
Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)