Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » The fight to end it all...ALATREON » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 06, 11 at 12:08pm

Yeah, so i have done alatreon a couple times for practise and memorizing his moves and now i know most of it soo....
ITS URGENT QUEST TIME! I do need like 2 people for help since i never beat him EVER. I'll be on NA servers this Friday at like 5 or 6pm Eastern...But i'll post again before i go on...
If you dont know by now since i posted my info in hunt coorinater...here it is:
Name: JEROME ID: 415HBE just ask Kholdstare LOL

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 12 at 3:26pm
WooperOnALedge

In my opinion armor does not show skill at all. Therefore I stay wit said people. As long we complete the quests wit minimal deaths (hopefully no more than one) and it doesn't take forever (25+ min). I stay and hunt wit them. I give them the benefit of the doubt so to say. If I had exodus I'd use it

Oct 14, 12 at 12:19pm
Cylos

quote Phlogiston
Not Exodus users .

Longsworders don't really bother me, but you're right about the aggy armor. The sheer number of people who use full aggy with a reaver cruelty/calamity... no awaken, no sharp +1, and a ton of lance skills. A lot of them aren't even good with using a longsword. I usually leave the city when I find one (just like I do with Exodus).
I must have come across better exodus users then.
There are a lot of less efficient players, I just find that since there are a hell of a lot more LS users than anything else its easier to find Spirit Slash spamming idiots who have no idea of team cohesion. I just check the city now before i go in and if i see LS with agnaktor armour I don't bother, I used to tell them it's a really bad combo but after a thousand idiotic replies "But it has razor sharp, its like the best evar!" I've just lost my patience with them.

Oct 13, 12 at 6:24am
Phlogiston

quote Cylos
Phlogiston I find people who use SnS to usually be pretty open minded about suggestions of what monsters are weak to, most of them will change to a different weapon for Ala.
Not Exodus users .

Longsworders don't really bother me, but you're right about the aggy armor. The sheer number of people who use full aggy with a reaver cruelty/calamity... no awaken, no sharp +1, and a ton of lance skills. A lot of them aren't even good with using a longsword. I usually leave the city when I find one (just like I do with Exodus).

Oct 13, 12 at 3:42am
Cylos

Phlogiston I find people who use SnS to usually be pretty open minded about suggestions of what monsters are weak to, most of them will change to a different weapon for Ala. I once came across a group of HR 300's who thought Ala was more weak to dragon in ground mode than ice. To be honest as well, I'd rather have a Divine exodus user, that a LS spirit slash spammer in Agnaktor armour.

Oct 11, 12 at 4:48am
Its_my_time24

Its not you Im hr 205ish, and i did my urgent LAST YEAR. You couldnt have met Joshua because he quit unless i call him, and theres ALOT of Joshua's, so its highly doubted.

Oct 11, 12 at 4:18am
animal_lover310

Oh sh*t I do remember a guy named Joshua

Oct 11, 12 at 4:14am
animal_lover310

I used to be hr 47 a couple months ago when I stopped playing but now I started playing again and I'm hr 63 and I do have uragan chest plate with rathian armor jemed for HGE fire resistance+5 and a couple other things also Ive always been pretty good at the game when I was hr 14 I could already take on lagicraus by myself

Oct 10, 12 at 4:53am
Its_my_time24

quote animal_lover310
quote Its_my_time24
It actually wasn't as hard as i thought... I called a hr 47 friend from school with Sabertooth G and i made a city with a guy using Devis crush P and another guy with high sieglinde P and me with Divine Exodus sns and Joshua with Sabertooth G...

Joshua did this before with 2 people with jho hammer P and one with sabertooth G the one like his and said the one that we did was faster...was it my Divive Exodus?

I started the match with throwing smoke bombs so i can get my mega demondrug and mega armorskin and then we fought. This Unicorn was not nice... he killed Joshua once and i just hit him ALOT the hammerer K.O him 6 times and we win by me kicking a barrel bomb L+ (as you did Kholdstare) and got 5 plates and one Azure dragongem.

I will be on tommorow (always wanted the ALA lance) so...anyone coming...plus i need him on my monster list xD
um....I think I was the person who killed it with you I was using devils crush was the user name red hea?
I highly doubt it..In your Uragaaan thing, you mentioned HR 150ish (i think...) and im HR 200+. Thats atleast a 50 rank difference, and you needed to be hr 46. This was a long time ago though..Still i dont remember a Red hea, i woulda asked what happened to the d xD

Oct 09, 12 at 9:52pm
animal_lover310

quote Its_my_time24
It actually wasn't as hard as i thought... I called a hr 47 friend from school with Sabertooth G and i made a city with a guy using Devis crush P and another guy with high sieglinde P and me with Divine Exodus sns and Joshua with Sabertooth G...

Joshua did this before with 2 people with jho hammer P and one with sabertooth G the one like his and said the one that we did was faster...was it my Divive Exodus?

I started the match with throwing smoke bombs so i can get my mega demondrug and mega armorskin and then we fought. This Unicorn was not nice... he killed Joshua once and i just hit him ALOT the hammerer K.O him 6 times and we win by me kicking a barrel bomb L+ (as you did Kholdstare) and got 5 plates and one Azure dragongem.

I will be on tommorow (always wanted the ALA lance) so...anyone coming...plus i need him on my monster list xD
um....I think I was the person who killed it with you I was using devils crush was the user name red hea?

Sep 25, 12 at 4:42pm
Phlogiston

quote wildfire
quote Phlogiston
No, it's not cheating - it's called being wise. Going into a fight unprepared is the norm around here - you'd be surprised how many people do it and don't even care. Or maybe not.
why didn't capcom invest hours into a tutorial, and leave you blind as to how to defeat a monster? It's supposed to be this way. I tried for days to defeat the barroth when I first started playing, and I was a first class noob. I had full jaggi armor, and a the jaggi's SnS. I ran out of time the first quest, and realized I needed a much stronger weapon, so I choose the chieftains great sword. Not the best choice of weapon, but I got so good at fighting barroth it, I was beating him within the same amount of time every time. I managed to master the great sword too, so early on .

I prefer to play through a game without foreknowledge, and monster hunter shines all the brighter that way because each new monster you encounter is different in so many ways, and you're challenged to find openings and weaknesses. The boss fights in this series is probably the best way to do a boss fight, I just don't like those bosses in other games that go through a predetermined sequence because it's too easy to figure it out. I could on and on, but I'll stop it here.

WooperOnALedge
I'd be happy to help you beat your first alatreon (my connection isn't too great at the moment)(Its_my_time24 you in this too?), so let's head over to the coordinator to iron out the details.

Its_my_time24
this has been a while (where was I, at this time?) only kholdstare responded to the OP....
I totally agree with you, strangely. But couldn't it work both ways?

If, theoretically, MH were real, wouldn't you have knowledge of monsters from other, more advanced hunters? Or from books and codexes written on the subject? In-game, they do say (in the descriptions of most cap quests) that there are scientists actively researching monsters. I would think they would have published their findings and made them available to you. ie, "pressurized water can easily blast off a barroth's mud, leaving it prone to overheating"...

Speaking of scientists, I have a few ideas about monster physiology that I need to make a thread on.