Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » selection of motherboard for industrial pc » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 04, 11 at 6:03pmindustrial

I wanna design an industrial computer.
I think , first step is selection of motherboard.
Which criteria are important in this selection ?
What are your suggestions for the motherboard ?
thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 07, 11 at 4:45pm
VeGiTAX2

3U and 4U cases pretty much allow for standard PC components to work within them, when you get into 1U and 2U you need to rely on special coolers and half height controller cards within them.

As hiigaran said, the use is key here, if you want a rackmount workstation you need to consider a full ATX board for space and the cooling to match.

For "Industrial" motherboards, I'm taking it you want to pursue something like a Tyan board, some of the highest class server boards out in the market. They provide dual socket Intel boards and Quad socket AMD boards for their server class chips.

Oct 07, 11 at 9:20am
hiigaran

so rackmounts then? well first off, you can look through these cases and see which one you would prefer, though i would just go for the cheapest one that gets the job done, so you have more money for the actual hardware.

also, i keep asking, and you still havent answered my question regarding what the computer will do. this is important, because it affects how much memory you will have, and what kind of CPU (or CPUs) would be used

Oct 07, 11 at 9:09am
industrial

Oct 05, 11 at 9:55am
hiigaran

but what is 'industrial' in this sense? that word means nothing to me in computing. what will the computer do? graphics design? video editing? CAD?

Oct 05, 11 at 9:32am
industrial

Hi,

This is my school project, in the first stage, the cost is no problem.

First of all , I should learn following questions' answers.

- What are the differences between normal and industrial motherboards ?
- In the market, which motherboards are preferred in industrial pc's.

End the of the study, I will create different configurations, and apply one of them.

I will design case, so rack or tower does not matter. 19 inch case is appropriate.

Oct 04, 11 at 10:45pm
Supernova1332

For industrial do you mean a rack-mount server or a workstation desktop computer? Both could be seen as such. Or do you mean you just want a quality personal computer?

Oct 04, 11 at 10:28pm
hiigaran

you will need to be more specific. we can link you all the necessary parts, but you will need to provide more information. how much do you want to spend on the computer (ie the case, and its contents...no monitor, speakers, or other things that connect to the actual computer)? what country do you live in? what will the computer be doing ('industrial' doesnt tell me anything)? how much hard drive space do you need?

Oct 04, 11 at 6:03pm
industrial

I wanna design an industrial computer.
I think , first step is selection of motherboard.
Which criteria are important in this selection ?
What are your suggestions for the motherboard ?
thanks