Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » 4star urgent: tigrex is way too powerful » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 03, 11 at 10:57amblackomega34

I am having tons of trouble with the elder 4 star urgent "absolute power". i cannot bring the tigrex down no matter what i try.
I have read the guide on the wiki and i tried it with all the weapon classes (but not the reccomended weapons because there is NO way i can get a kirin thunder tail or anything that valuable)
What weapon class should i use and which weapon in that class. However, i can only use materials that i get from elder 4 stars or less:confused:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 03, 12 at 4:59pm
roy10

use a better armour and weapon

Nov 28, 11 at 10:11pm
WakeCraterWind

Devil Slicer is harder to get in MHFU. Honestly, go for Deathprize, and bring tons of LBBs.

Nov 27, 11 at 7:31pm
crazymew

Devil slicer, shocktrap, two trap tools and two Genprey fangs. Amongst the megapotions and others.

Nov 25, 11 at 7:27pm
MHUF2 TIGGER RULzz

is the eager cleaver the LS of choice also what armour should i have ima hr:1

Nov 23, 11 at 6:53am
Zakuto

Lol i lanced/gunlanced several tigrex's without traps or hand thrown/brl bombs and seriously,how bad can villege quest monsters be?Guild ones are a lot harder cos they have more hp and also there is G rank. For me i can use any weapon type with a little practice,what changes is what am i hunting,where am i hunting how long it takes changes and most importantly,HOW i hunt changes.

Nov 15, 11 at 8:27pm
Sly_Hunter

i dont think you honestly need that much for it. and if you can try farming gypceros and using well done steaks with well done steaks to make mega juices, just incase you need to dodge jump alot and you dont want to run out of stamina.

Nov 15, 11 at 4:21am
crazymew

The way I killed it is with full Garuga armor and the Devil Slicer. Considering that you probably don't have the Devil Slicer, I recommend Eager Cleaver and possibly full Rathian.

It depends on your tastes, really.

One thing is for certain... Carry paintballs, Book of Combos 1 and 2, 10 Mega pots, 10 Regular pots, 10 Honey, 10 Herb, and 10 Blue Mushrooms. Maybe some Psychoserum and well done steaks. cool/hot drinks help too. And maybe a shock trap, 2 genprey fang and 2 trap tool to make more shock traps. l3

Nov 15, 11 at 2:51am
awsome-j

Although everyone has their own weapon that their comfortable with, i suggest to use a great sword such as the khezu one( sorry cant remember the name) or the ravager blade+ and charge from behind him so u can hit tje head. Also take as many mega and normal potions some armor and power seeds, and a few traps to get some shots when he is enraged. Althogh he can be random when flash bombed, as long as u stay somewhat far u can take the chance to heal or sharpen. hope i helped

Nov 08, 11 at 4:13pm
gogengantes

Telling people to use flashbombs in order to kill a monster doesn't help them one little bit. Learning how to kill a monster without using flashbombs does.

If you rely to much on flashbombs you don't develop your skills enough as a hunter and you don't familiarize yourself properly with the monster's movements. It's easy to beat up a monster that you blinded, it requires 0 skill.

Nov 08, 11 at 1:16pm
animal_lover310

That thing is not easy t kill if you don't bring traps and flash bomb and you can get really high weapons if you do village chief quests first