Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy » The Shadow Hearts Series » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Sep 26, 11 at 7:45pmDitnopota

Yet another obscure, but decently-sized series. Never played any of them for an extended period of time myself, but I do plan on buying the second one soon enough. Anyone heard of these?

Games:
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts II
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 23, 11 at 3:31pm
BrokenKnights

Lol. EVERY character in that series freaked me out. Joachim "finding" his weapons was one of my favorite things in an RPG. Much like how you never had to buy Cloud a sword in FFVII.

Nov 23, 11 at 4:34am
MaChaoTheSplendid

Only ever managed to find Covenant in stores over here. Got it years ago, probably shortly after it was released.

Awesome game, more challenging than most RPG's i've played, if only because of the ridiculously frustrating combat system (which is awesome), great story, cool characters.

Only issue with the game I had was Gepetto.. That guy creeped me out.

Oct 04, 11 at 3:06pm
Hell Fire

Awww, you got my hopes up when I saw 4 games listed in the first post.

Koudelka was decent enough. Interesting concept and I really enjoyed the dark setting. The original was all right. Had some really strong areas but fell short in others. Covenant took everything that made the first so good, and expanded on it, which resulted in one of my favourite RPGs to date.

Naturally I was incredibly disappointed by the third in the series. Still soldiered through it though.

Sep 28, 11 at 1:20pm
Aura

You forgot Koudelka.

I vaguely remember playing a couple of the Shadow Hearts games, so I can't offer too much input there, but from what I played and remember about the prequel (which is a lot more), it was fantastic. Some of the most interesting and innovative RPG elements at that time. I have no idea if the Shadow Hearts series continued like that, mainly because I can't remember. =(

Sep 28, 11 at 4:36am
SunnyDelight

I loved the first game. Second was meh while the 3rd one was so boring and dragged on. I didn't finish it.

Sep 27, 11 at 2:07pm
lucedeoangel

He is. And yep, I remember that too. Those muscles... *drools*

Sep 27, 11 at 10:58am
BrokenKnights

Yeah it reminds me Resonance of Fate in that way. Same kind of humor. Same kinda of incredibly innovative gameplay. Great characters (RoF's story isn't quite as good). And released on the same day as FFXIII.

Is the main character 1&2 Yuri? In any case, I remember getting his Seraphim form and just drooling.

Sep 27, 11 at 8:57am
lucedeoangel

They did a booboo and released the first one at the same time as FFX. Which is sad, the first two games are amazing. FTNW, not so much, but it's not bad.

Sep 26, 11 at 10:32pm
BrokenKnights

Shadow Hearts: Covenant is definitely one of the best RPG on the PS2. Probably in that consoles Top 10 list, which is saying a lot. TONS to do. Cheeky humor. AMAZING cast. Good difficulty. And a story that lows your *bleep*in socks off.

Sep 26, 11 at 7:45pm
Ditnopota

Yet another obscure, but decently-sized series. Never played any of them for an extended period of time myself, but I do plan on buying the second one soon enough. Anyone heard of these?

Games:
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts II
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From the New World