Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » F1 2011 » Neoseeker reviews F1 2011 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 23, 11 at 11:33pmchautemoc

Codemasters rolls out an update to their F1 racing franchise, but is it enough to lap the competition?

F1 2011 (PS3) Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 26, 12 at 4:17am
Bah

Youre not missing much unclebobert.

To run the game with the graphics up to the max requires a top of the range computer. Mine is a pretty decent little laptop and with v1 i could get maximum 18fps. With the two updates with the oh so wicked performance increases to nvidia machines i was able to clock up a whopping 21fps. Although the same framerate in the "Benchmark mode" is a shitload smoother than that in the game.

Its buggy as hell, it has a long list of issues, all requiring a long list of fixes, very few of them offered up by Codemasters, and even after fixing all of those one by one you still get issues with ridiculously fast AI in the rain, zero grip or zero speed in the low tier cars, savegames dying, f1 launcher app dying randomly, random game deaths due to the replay file (Whut?) which require its deletion every now and again, the list just keeps going.

Of course if you believe CM, this is solely down to the computer installed on it, even with the latest available drivers, all problems can be apparently solved by downloading new drivers, and if that doesnt work, well youre shit outta luck.

Dont buy it, Bit torrent it. Its not worth the $60 they still want for it, being sold alongside F1 2012.... for $60.

The 2012 demo at least ran a whole lot better on this laptop and it just feels a lot more right.

Oct 02, 12 at 11:27am
Noaman

I don't have the game or I have not played it but I saw the reviews from many websites I liked your review it was honest but is the graphic for ps3 so bad.I so the gameplay on YouTube,the graphics didn't look so bad as your review and the gameplay as to see is simple I think but I have not played so I don't know and my question is are the graphics so bad?

Jun 06, 12 at 12:03am
redfin97

to be honest. i dont care about what the other people are saying because this game is fantastic. the graphics are good, and i would recommend it

Nov 12, 11 at 3:29pm
Niall s

[quote=darwiner71|message:31990334]
This game could have been a 10/10 if they would have taken old features from prior games that worked. Such as Podiums. who does a racing game without podiums and the champagne celebration. A trophy room where you could admire your trophies and contemplate your career stats and the other AI drivers stats as well. A Simple Helmet Designer with selectable shapes and colors. Graphics similar to GT5. Vintage races or season. Since they already had F1 2009 Why not add that or 1990 vintage classic races with Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet, etc...

All that could have been done and it would not have taken a lot of time. Looks to me like they were not as busy as they pretended they were. F1 2012 better be good otherwise I don't see them being able to get the long term deals like FIFA or Madden.
[/q

I don't think tht they should put the legends in it tht would suck

Sep 26, 11 at 4:41am
unclebobert87

In the post you quoted Pauliepoos in the article, you said the KERS and DRS indications are over the mirror. Well, thats wrong according to my game, because KERS and DRS are on the steering wheel in cockpit view, and them indications aren't there.

Also he said the mirrors don't work, as in you can't see other cars in them unless they are pretty much next you.

Graphics are bad compared to 360 & PC, which isn't acceptable. This is the problem with games that have no direct competition, they can get away with the mess.

Sep 26, 11 at 4:04am
kik36

quote unclebobert87
What competition? Also the graphics are poor on the PS3, and MP is bug riddled
quote article
While I did find a few of those this time around as well, the majority of issues stemmed from a wonky connection to the servers. The insanely long load times trying to get into an online match was unsettling as I would wait nearly five minutes, only to be disconnected at the last second.

It was difficult to tell whether the hosts were closing down the sessions prematurely or not, but it took me nearly two hours the first night to get into a match.

I did notice a glitch with the online multiplayer portion I will mention for fun -- trophy hunters make note. During one of the online races, I had zipped past the three cars in front of me to take the lead. I had chosen the option tyres, and was very familiar with the track. I believe the original person who began the match found that a bit offensive and quit the session. When he/she left, the game removed all of the other drivers as well which left me alone to my own devices. Rather than stopping me, I was able to complete a full lap where I was declared the winner and awarded three online trophies for winning, running a clean race, and having the fastest lap.
Like I said, I did a side-by-side comparison with last year's copy and there is a difference in graphics. Not much, but it's visible when playing both in the same room.

Sep 26, 11 at 4:00am
kik36

quote Pauliepoos
No mention of the shoddy graphics, piss poor framerate and the fact the mirrors don't work?
quote Article
The display has changed to support the new KERS and DRS indications. This can be a hindrance for the cockpit view, as they sit right over the right mirror making it useless for spotting drivers coming up from behind.

The graphics look a bit more polished, but there is still some minor pop-in in the distance. This is especially noticeable in the clouds and stands, but who really has time to admire the sights when you're screaming by at 200 mph?
I did a side-by-side comparison with F1 2010 and the graphics do look a tad more polished. It's very easy to see when you're running both versions in the same room.

Sep 25, 11 at 4:36pm
Nozza_1000

Is the game really that bad on PS3??
If so I won't bother getting it....

Sep 25, 11 at 2:09pm
The Rock 13

quote darwiner71
This game could have been a 10/10 if they would have taken old features from prior games that worked. Such as Podiums. who does a racing game without podiums and the champagne celebration. A trophy room where you could admire your trophies and contemplate your career stats and the other AI drivers stats as well. A Simple Helmet Designer with selectable shapes and colors. Graphics similar to GT5. Vintage races or season. Since they already had F1 2009 Why not add that or 1990 vintage classic races with Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet, etc...

All that could have been done and it would not have taken a lot of time. Looks to me like they were not as busy as they pretended they were. F1 2012 better be good otherwise I don't see them being able to get the long term deals like FIFA or Madden.

They weren't busy? Have you not noticed the introduction of KERS, DRS, Safety Cars and a very much improved racing feel to the game.

I'm sorry but the fact it's missing the odd cutscene, a trophy room and more helmets doesn't really bother me one tiny bit compared to the whole host of changes they have done.

Sep 25, 11 at 12:18pm
darwiner71