Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Purely Awesome- release date » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Sep 15, 11 at 9:38pmNapoleonDos

Disclaimer:
There is absolutely no credibility to this, other than the imagination of plausibility coined from myself and you who read this....

How great would it be for this game to be a release title?
That this whole 'released the announcement it too soon' was a marketing gimmick, and SSB4 was actually ready for the release of the Wii U*. That is to say, that the system would be LAUNCHED with a great title for the first time since Super Mario 64 in the mid 90s. Nintendo has suffered a LOT of heartache from this complaint for years, most notably with the 3DS. Their rectification of this horror could be solved if SSB4 were released with the Wii*, and since Nintendo is amongst a huge string of trying to rectify past mistakes (Project Blue, for example, being nearly put to the lay side), the notion from which this thread was born seems ALMOST believable.

*of course, the game would have had to have been in development for a while now, for this to be the case. Or else, it could be a crappy sequel to Brawl, with just more characters, etc. I wouldn't mind, if it meant next years' release.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 29, 12 at 3:44pm
GaTheZakk

Relax, I only fight these giys cause are worthy enough become my foes in battle, it's not disrespect, at least I hope it isn't!
2015 sounds accuarate, like Brawl which was announced end of 2005 then a video in 2006 with dec 3 07 release date, the the infamus delay, then we finally had it in march 2008.
Those words, Coming Soon still irratate me to this day.
So what to do till then, I guess I'll fight those charaters I like fighting.

Jun 28, 12 at 9:25pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
we need some stupid characters in Super Smash Bros 4 to kick their butts.
That's kinda scary. I get the point is a fighting game, but you shouldn't hate a FICTIONAL character that much. Besides all the characters you named were awesome.

To the OP, I expect SSB4 to come out sometime around 2015.

Jun 27, 12 at 4:38am
Gotenks

They can't release the 3DS version because the 3DS version hasn't even been finished. Sakurai started working on the new Smash Brother game back in March.

Jun 26, 12 at 9:26pm
GaTheZakk

You're right, Pikmin is'nt so useless after all, we need some stupid characters in Super Smash Bros 4 to kick their butts.
My favorate characters to beat:
R.O.B.
Olimar
Yoshi
ToonLink
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Mario (I defeat champion to become champion!)
My real point was 3ds is already out, they should therefore release that version first since WiiU didn't even come out yet.

Jun 26, 12 at 8:20am
RegalBryant

quote GaTheZakk
They should at least release the 3ds version somtime earlier than the WiiU version since everyone pretty much allready has a 3ds and we need a really good game to play on it since its likely thay anyone who does have a 3ds
most likely only has 3 or 4 games that they bearly play because they prefer other gomes to play.
Besides WiiU didn't come out yet and I'm not getting one until this game comes out for because the release titles look lame (like Pikmin), I don't do Mario games( they changed for the worse since Mario Sunshine, but Mario Galaxy was ok)
Unless there is a good Zelda title bbfore Super Smash Bros 4, I won't be getting the WiiU yet.
quote GaTheZakk
They should at least release the 3ds version somtime earlier than the WiiU version since everyone pretty much allready has a 3ds and we need a really good game to play on it since its likely thay anyone who does have a 3ds
most likely only has 3 or 4 games that they bearly play because they prefer other gomes to play.
Besides WiiU didn't come out yet and I'm not getting one until this game comes out for because the release titles look lame (like Pikmin), I don't do Mario games( they changed for the worse since Mario Sunshine, but Mario Galaxy was ok)
Unless there is a good Zelda title bbfore Super Smash Bros 4, I won't be getting the WiiU yet.
1. it's not finished production, so it won't be done until way AFTER the Wii U comes out.
2. Your opinion is irrelevant. you dislike Pikmin and Sunshine. Thus, you are not the core audience, as Nintendo markets their products towards people with souls.

Jun 25, 12 at 10:26am
GaTheZakk

Feb 19, 12 at 1:59am
Roy

quote Boreas
From what I've heard this hasn't even begun development. Icarus took up a majority of their time, so I don't really mind.
That looks like a good game.

Feb 18, 12 at 6:56am
Gotenks

quote Boreas
From what I've heard this hasn't even begun development. Icarus took up a majority of their time, so I don't really mind.
You'd be correct. Sakurai had stated he hasn't started developing the game and won't until Icarus is completed.

Feb 18, 12 at 6:22am
Boreas

Feb 17, 12 at 7:00pm
X Naut Shroober

quote Roy
I hate to turn this into a General Discussion, but how is this going to play on Nintendo 3DS? Is it going to be like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat?
Despite there being no info as they're not in development, I would imagine 3DS Smash playing like... Smash. A 2-D fighter with platforming elements, just on a portable. Just because it's not a console doesn't mean it can't be played similarly or that it can't handle it. Again, there's no info so for all we know they could make the 3DS version drastically different gameplay-wise, but I don't think that's likely.