Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Android General Discussion » Google Nexus S stuck at "Google" screen » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 12, 11 at 5:14pmDanger

Hi guys,

Yesterday, my Nexus S ran out of battery and I went to charge it. Whilst it started charging, I tried to turn it on like I would normally do. This time though it got stuck at the "Google" logo screen, that appears when you turn on the phone. I had the problem before and I could fix it by taking out the battery and trying to boot it again, then repeating until it eventually boots. This method won't work, tried it a whole load of times.

I've also booted it into recovery mode and cleared the cache and wiped the phone to factory settings. It still won't boot.

Anyone heard of any way to fix this? I've sent a request to get it repaired but will be a few days until I receive the packaging to send away then I have no idea until it will be returned. Hopefully someone has a simple fix so I can at least use it for the next few days.

Cheers!

Someone send me an Android phone for free as a replacement?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 31, 12 at 1:36pm
Vibhu batra

Has any one been able to find a solution of this google logo strucking at start-up in nexus s? I am facing this error & unable to find any solution.

Mar 27, 12 at 12:28pm
Dmitry Sadovnychyi

Anyone fixed this problem? Hair dryer not help for me anymore

Jan 16, 12 at 5:07pm
kdroid

i have the same exact problem.
it occured when i was transferring data through usb mode. safely removed hardware on the computer but forgot to turn off usb mode on my nexus s and unplugged the phone. the usb mode notification was still running in the notifications panel. but i couldnt access it.
so i decided to reboot my phone. ever since its been stuck at the google logo.
the only thing that worked for me which i read in another forum was, you wont believe it, using a hair dryer to heat up the phone without the battery and then switching it on. worked like a charm. downfall - i need a hair dryer every time my phone dies out to turn it back on. FML. My nexus is not rooted. Any permanent solution guys?

Sep 20, 11 at 2:37pm
Danger

I tried that Xenctuary, I was able to format the phone to factory settings, clear the cache but when it came to selecting a recovery image, it wasn't able to find one to mount. I believe it's to do with the Nexus S not having an external memory card slot.

Sep 20, 11 at 1:53pm
Xenctuary

quote Danger
Yesterday, my Nexus S ran out of battery and I went to charge it. Whilst it started charging, I tried to turn it on like I would normally do. This time though it got stuck at the "Google" logo screen, that appears when you turn on the phone. I had the problem before and I could fix it by taking out the battery and trying to boot it again, then repeating until it eventually boots. This method won't work, tried it a whole load of times.
What happens if you turn on the phone with the volume up key pressed down? Can you get to Fastboot? From there you should be able to recover the device.

quote tommex
I take it your phone isn't rooted?
The Nexus S is sort of already rooted when you buy it. That's what makes it a great development phone.

Sep 20, 11 at 9:13am
Danger

Carphone Warehouse is where I got my contract and it was one of their express repair centres I took it too. I've not got phone insurance, just getting it fixed on warranty. I was hoping they would just give me a new one as a replacement as soon as they couldn't fix it. It wasn't to be though.

Sep 20, 11 at 6:09am
Nagare

You couldn't take it back to where you bought it? When my phone locked up I took it back to an AT&T repair center and the lady gave me a brand new one five minutes later!

Sep 20, 11 at 1:07am
Danger

Been a week since I had to send it off to be repaired. I took it down to the Carphone Warehouse Express Repair Centre, lucky I have one pretty much down the road but they weren't able to fix it on the day and have sent it out to Samsung to be repaired, I believe they have a repair centre in Glasgow too, so least it's not travelling half way round the world for a repair. Looking at about another week before I expect it back.

Didn't realise how dependant I am on a SmartPhone, use it for so much and being without it is a real pain in the arse. Been using an old Nokia phone and I can't stand using it even to text, only got it for emergency calls other than that it stays hidden, lol. I'm hoping to get a new handset back, not that my phone was in poor condition or anything but I like having a fresh phone, highly doubtful though.

Hope it gets back to me sharpish.

Sep 12, 11 at 7:14pm
Danger

Nope, not rooted. It seems that the "bootloop" is generally caused by rooted devices when I'm searching for it. There is quite a lot of results showing other people with a non-rooted Nexus S experiencing this without being able to fix it themselves either.

Haha, I'll pass on the Desire. I'll put up with one of my old crappy phones from years ago until I get my Nexus S back from Samsung.

Sep 12, 11 at 7:00pm
tommex

I take it your phone isn't rooted?

A bootloop on an unrooted phone is a bit weird... can't say I've ever even heard of that.

(Also, you can have my old Desire for I dunno, £160? )