Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » butterfree or not to butterfree » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 11 at 1:25pmrenningerc

i have always kinda liked bug Pokemon and i just started a new game on heart gold, i was going to catch a caperpie and use it for battling/in game play....but is it even a good Pokemon to consider?
i just don't want to waste my time lvling it if it isn't worth it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 11, 11 at 2:17am
awesomeasaurus

When I played a Japanese version of Heartgold when it had just come out in Japan. I used a Butterfree and it absolutely destroyed everything. I would say it's definitely something to go for. I've had it ever since and it's still amazing

Dec 10, 11 at 6:41pm
pheonix down

Meh, butterfree's not that great, too many weaknesses.

Sep 24, 11 at 4:06am
smoochypoo

Can she learn Baton Pass? It would work very well with it.

Sep 24, 11 at 3:55am
Eon80

Don't forget Stun Spore for those Insomnia Pokemon you come across. But I guess at that point you're better off attacking...Although, Butterfree is pretty good for status on legendary Pokemon. Makes them easier to catch.

Sep 23, 11 at 1:51am
smoochypoo

Oh yes. Sleep powder + Compoundeyes is something to note. Especially with Dream Eater.

I have such predictable sets -.-

Sep 22, 11 at 12:32pm
Team Hydro Aura

quote Wally
quote Team Hydro Aura
quote smoochypoo
Butterfree is pure awesomeness. Ingame, that is. :/ I really can't think of a good strategic role for Butterfree.
Quiver Dance!
Remember you're in the HeartGold Forum. :3

Darn, foiled again!

...Sleep powder!

Sep 22, 11 at 6:30am
Wally

quote Team Hydro Aura
quote smoochypoo
Butterfree is pure awesomeness. Ingame, that is. :/ I really can't think of a good strategic role for Butterfree.
Quiver Dance!
Remember you're in the HeartGold Forum. :3

Sep 22, 11 at 4:18am
Team Hydro Aura

quote smoochypoo
Quiver Dance!

Sep 22, 11 at 3:34am
smoochypoo

Sep 21, 11 at 7:55pm
Millennium Master

I would say it depends on what moves and stuff you might find useful from Butterfree.