Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Lil B » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Sep 2, 11 at 9:01pmedgefan246

Bio: Brandon McCartney (born August 17, 1989), known by his stage name Lil B or "The BasedGod", is a rapper from Berkeley, California. He has recorded both solo and with the Pack. In addition, Lil B is noted for his extensive use of social media Web sites such as MySpace and Twitter to build an online following. Lil B began rapping at age 16 with hip hop group the Pack. After two locally successful mixtapes, and at the peak of the Bay Area's hyphy movement, the group's song "Vans" became a surprise hit. The song was ranked as the fifth best of 2006 by Rolling Stone magazine. The strength of "Vans" led the group to release Skateboards 2 Scrapers, featuring a "Vans" remix with Bay Area rappers Too $hort and Mistah F.A.B..

In 2007, Lil B and the Pack released its first album, Based Boys. Aside from his involvement with the Pack, Lil B garnered popularity through the use of social media Web sites. He created over 155 MySpace pages in order to upload all of his music. He recorded over 1,500 tracks as of July 2010, including hits "Wonton Soup," "Pretty Bitch," and "I'm God"

Popular Songs:

Twitter: LILBTHEBASEDGOD
Youtube: lilbpack1
Tumblr: Dior Paint

I *bleep*ing LOVE Lil' B. His music sucks. But somehow it's catchy and the dude himself is *bleep*ing hilarious. He makes whatever music he wants and it's goten him famous. I respect this man even though alot of people hate him.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 22, 13 at 5:13am
edgefan246

Jun 12, 13 at 10:31am
killer iPod

i feel so blessed tybg

Jun 12, 13 at 5:12am
edgefan246

wow my ears have been blessed, tears are in my eyes tybg

Jul 30, 12 at 2:18pm
Fifth Column

Lil B is to rap what rap is to the rest of music.

Jul 30, 12 at 5:42am
edgefan246

May 11, 12 at 6:04am
edgefan246

OMG THANK YOU BASEDGOD. SO INSPIRING, WHAT A SAMPLE!

Apr 15, 12 at 7:30pm
killer iPod

I'm going to thank my car every morning and every night when I get one.

Edit: Whole thing on here.

Apr 15, 12 at 6:38pm
Mocking Alvin

His lecture at NYU is hilarious. FADER has a full transcript and there are some videos kicking about that you should see. The stuff he says, my god.

You know I’m the first rapper to adopt a tabby cat. You know I adopted straight from the ASPCA, you feel me? Just breaking the boundaries, man.
I tell you, bruh, I was looking at insects. I do my observations when I go out. If I become a neurosurgeon or I’m about to come into some bugs, I’m rocking. With the bugs, man, you just be looking at them.
real talk, everybody make sure you wear seat belts, for real...I thank my car that I didn’t get into an accident. I’m like, thank you. Brand new...I’m like, man, I got from point A to point B safely. Congratulations to everybody getting here safely, man, I’m telling you.
What is based? What does based mean? Shwoo. Shwoo. Shwoo.
Dude spoke for 80 minutes like this.

Feb 15, 12 at 4:34am
NegativeEnergy

This guy is smart as hell. He PURPOSELY makes terrible music videos and songs to show everyone how bad mainstream music has gotten and he also does it to promote his albums. I'm Gay (I'm Happy) album from last year happened to be a fairly solid record and he also dropped gems before that like I Am The Hood, Walk The World, Motivation, and Cold War. I still have yet to check out Angels Exodus fully but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. I used to hate the hell out of this guy....but now I see what he's doing. He just does his own thing and having fun doing it (making those bad songs I'm talking about)

He has my respect.

Feb 7, 12 at 7:39pm
killer iPod

One of his better tunes imo. Its catchy as *bleep*.