Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 31, 11 at 5:19amGravity

Last Post

quote VeGiTAX2
Spent an hour playing cable ninja. Ended up with this for now.

Side fan throwing up air is a 250mm Antec tri-color on random mode so it makes a variety of cool colors.

Lighting is done via BitFenix LED aqua strip. It is pretty friggin bright too. That was the backlight for the LCD I was working on. Was being the keyword, the IC that connects to the LCD panel fried on me so it's dead project unless I replace that board and the ribbons to the panel itself. >_<

Sorry guys, server was flipping when 2 were created and now they both seem to have deleted.

Here we go again. Sorry for that.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 19, 15 at 3:28pm
Qwark

You'll be fine. I ran a similar type setup when I jury rigged an AIO to my video card a in my old rig. It's not optimal but still kept the temps really low.

Jul 18, 15 at 6:24pm
D-G

Qwark The thing is I've had a couple of people tell me it'll be fine and a couple of people sounding horrified and saying how the CPU hot air will destroy the radiator performance by passing through it...

Jul 18, 15 at 12:14pm
Qwark

Yeah, that should be just fine.

Jul 18, 15 at 12:10pm
D-G

Well, if anyone is still alive around here... I am considering getting a 980 TI Hybrid with the integrated water cooler.

But my case only has one fan outtake port which is of course already in use.

Am I OK to put the radiator from the graphics card on that outtake in place of the fan currently on it?

Jul 18, 15 at 11:54am
Qwark

Sad to see that this thread is pretty much dead.

Jun 17, 15 at 11:30am
Ren of Heavens

quote Ren of Heavens
Merry 2015 everyone

AMD 390X needs to hurry up, can't take my 5830 much longer.
Fury X has complicated my plans somewhat, I was expecting a triple fan option as well as the water cooled but it didn't materialise. My case will either need modding some more to take a 120mm rad, replacing, or drop down to the regular air cooled Fury =\

May 12, 15 at 5:08pm
Tommy Vercetti

Didnt get a definitive answer in the my thread.
quote Tommy Vercetti
Hey guys! Recently my laptop has decided to over heat constanly, and it's ages old. I could easily just reapply thermal paste, but nah. It's about time I get something much more powerful.

So I was looking on eBay for CPUs and came across the Xeon X5650. Six Cores and it runs at 2.5 GHz I believe. They were released in 2010, and they're overclockable. I plan on buying two and running them on a dual CPU motherboard and use the PC for 3D animation or just messing around in Source, and Unreal Engine. The other reason of course is gaming. I know that's having 12 cores will be a bottleneck and I won't see 500FPS even with the highest end GPU.

Do you guys think it's worth it for just the workstation side? I mean I could get both CPUs for around $150 on eBay.

May 12, 15 at 3:27pm
Chad

One man's trash is another man's treasure!

May 10, 15 at 10:44pm
The Slayer

I just threw away some old 7 year old celeron processor today if you want me to dig it out for you...

Not sure why you would want my broken parts!

I've done similar to HDD's in the past, was messing in my case while my computer was running and barely bumped the sata power going to my OS drive, knocked it off for like half a second but it was long enough for windows to BSOD. Back in my high school days taking computer classes I unplugged the hard drive running windows 98 or 2000 or some crap to see what I could do in windows before it crashed (not much).

Really surprised it worked especially since its a RAID.

May 10, 15 at 10:30pm
Chad

Haha, gotcha. Well if something did mess up but the part still worked, you know I'm more than happy to accept a donation for when I get around to putting together a build. :3 Maybe then you'll see my face around these parts more often, haha.