Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Aug 31, 11 at 5:19amGravity

Last Post

quote VeGiTAX2
Spent an hour playing cable ninja. Ended up with this for now.

Side fan throwing up air is a 250mm Antec tri-color on random mode so it makes a variety of cool colors.

Lighting is done via BitFenix LED aqua strip. It is pretty friggin bright too. That was the backlight for the LCD I was working on. Was being the keyword, the IC that connects to the LCD panel fried on me so it's dead project unless I replace that board and the ribbons to the panel itself. >_<

Sorry guys, server was flipping when 2 were created and now they both seem to have deleted.

Here we go again. Sorry for that.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 05, 15 at 10:21am
The Slayer

quote Ren of Heavens
but it would annoy me being replaced by a new generation within months :<
Welcome to the world of computer hardware!

Mar 05, 15 at 4:37am
Ren of Heavens

Yeah, depending on the pricing and final specs I may drop down to the 380X.

290X would probably be fine, but it would annoy me being replaced by a new generation within months :<

Mar 01, 15 at 8:32pm
Vendetta

I say just go ahead and pull the trigger on a 290X. It's way cheaper than the 390X is gonna be, and it's overkill for 1080p.

Feb 24, 15 at 9:22am
Ren of Heavens

Merry 2015 everyone

AMD 390X needs to hurry up, can't take my 5830 much longer.

Dec 10, 14 at 5:45pm
The Slayer

quote Iscariot
until I can set everything up with an electrostatic discharge pad.
I have never used any type of anti-static device while working on computers and I have had 0 static discharge related problems. If you want to be super careful, I just touch the computer case before I unplug it form power. That will get rid of any static built up and as long as your not wearing wool socks and rubbing your feet all over the carpet you won't build up enough static to do anything.

And honestly, unless you are directly connected to the ground on a power outlet most anti static stuff won't do any good.

Dec 09, 14 at 4:30am
hiigaran

the admin access doesnt work like that, as far as im aware. if youre not using the same OS the files were created on, it shouldnt know what to do with admin access files.

Dec 09, 14 at 2:42am
harbin

Most annoying thing is that it's copied pretty much 99% of the stuff. The 1% of it is subfolders of folders that i don't want to have to trawl through. It should've just been a simple copy and paste.

The only Linux i have is Ubuntu on a live CD. I'm not sure if that would encounter same issues like not copying files because some permission somewhere shouts 'administrator access'.

Tempted to just try robocopy in an elevated command prompt

Dec 09, 14 at 1:29am
hiigaran

yeah ive tried copying a non primary hard drive/partition to another non primary before. not gonna happen. best to do it from a simple operating system. command line, dedicated hard disk tool OS, probably even linux.

Dec 08, 14 at 4:21pm
harbin

Bought a new HDD because I needed the space. Replaced my old one with it and got an enclosure for that. I thought copying everything from one drive to another is meant to be straightforward. Instead I've gotten filepath too long, unknown error, need permission, Wouldn't be so bad but there are no reasons for those errors to pop up. I am an administrator and have full permissions. Would've just been less hassle cloning the damn thing and extending the partition. Not even sure if you'd have been able to clone from an MBR disk to a GPT disk though.

Dec 08, 14 at 8:00am
Iscariot

I've considered that, but I'd need to completely remove the card, and I can't be assed to do that until I can set everything up with an electrostatic discharge pad. I also don't know if I'll have any actual success trying to bend it back into place. the bend itself isn't apparent; it's extremely subtle and I fear and attempt to reverse it may result in a much more extreme bend in the other direction, which probably will cause it not to fit back onto the card, or to break.
so, you can see my dilemma in wanting to try that.