Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Battlefield 3 » DICE: "No One-Shot Sniper Kills" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 26, 11 at 10:15pmduhu1148

"There are no 1 hit body kills with sniper rifles. Pull your side arm or use a semi auto for fast follow up hits.”
http://xn-games.net/okra/2011/08/23/no-one-shot-kills-with-sniper-in-battlefield-3/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 21, 13 at 1:08am
KR_1250

Uhh guys.

BF3 does give one shot sniper kills in the right circumstances. But they are relatively rare.

I have been using alot of bolt action rifles with iron sights lately and for the L96, JNG, M98B and M40 I have had several one shot kills on fully healed enemies. (Trying the SV98 tonight but im sure it will be similiar).

Obviously all headshots count but a single shot to the torso from the front, rear or sides will also reliably kill in one shot if it is within about 10-15 feet from the enemy. I think the bolt actions have a score multiplier which is only active at extremely short ranges.

But trust me all the bolt actions i have tried can achieve VERY regular one shot kills but only torso shots (no limb shots) at very short point blank range.

EDIT: Update. After using the SV98 and going back to the M40 i realised that neither of these guns have the short range multiplier. Both can achieve central torso shots from less than 10ft WITHOUT killing the enemy. Whereas the L96, M98 and JNG all kill outright at this range.

Avoid these guns if you want to do short range fighting. I'd avoid them anyway. They have very little advantage over the L96 or JNG at any range.

EDIT... AGAIN: I was gonna delet this whole post but i'll leave it here as evidence of my arse-headidness.

All Bolt action snipers have a x1.25 multiplier within 15 metres. All are capable of one shot kills to the torso within this range. My guess is that I was simply getting more one shotters with the more powerful snipers due to hitting previously injured players outside this range. I just had bad luck with the M40 and SV98. Probably hitting lots of arm shots.

Best part is this informatiion is freely available on both the BF3 wiki sites and on the BF3 mobile app.

DUUURRR !!!!

Dec 19, 12 at 4:05pm
Pauliepoos

quote unclebobert87
The L96 sometimes gives you a headshot bonus when you hit them in the chest.
I've never noticed that. Lag maybe?

Dec 18, 12 at 4:15am
unclebobert87

The L96 sometimes gives you a headshot bonus when you hit them in the chest.

Dec 16, 12 at 4:27pm
Pauliepoos

Nah, the JNG isn't a OHK rifle unless you get a headshot, as with any other sniper rifle.

Dec 16, 12 at 12:49pm
ResistanceFailure

quote BeScared
There are one shot kill snipers... at least I know 1 ..! it is the JNG-sniper rifle! But you need to be Premium member...
You don't need to be Premium, you just need to have bought Close Quarters DLC. And it isn't always a one hit kill sniper rifle.

Dec 16, 12 at 2:23am
BeScared

There are one shot kill snipers... at least I know 1 ..! it is the JNG-sniper rifle! But you need to be Premium member...

Apr 02, 12 at 3:18am
KR_1250

^ Unfortunately it kind of comes with the territory when developers keep mentioning realism.

Like i said, I understand and support weapon balancing. BF3 has the balance just right. Us folk who like realistic weapons and have an interest are satisfied, whilst the game stays fun for everyone. I just dont want that balance being tipped in favour of one playstyle.

Just to get back on topic, i'd enjoy this game alot less if snipers were OHK, and more so, i'd have absolutely no respect for the snipers as it would basically remind me of call of duty style EZ mode point/click sniping.

I am sort of in awe of really good snipers on BF3, some have real proper skill. I think this would be greatly degraded by an OHK sniper rifle, and i would definately want to see every other gun somewhat buffed as a result.

Apr 02, 12 at 2:16am
Machienzo

quote KR_1250
And Machienzo, theres no real need to take that attitude. Some people like Rudeboy and I have a genuine interest in weapons, we are not commenting to be awkward or smartarsed. In all honesty i think BF3 is a great game for sticking to realism anyway and i fully support the way most weapons are currently balanced, even if it bends the realism to some degree. However, what i dont want is them bending realism at others expense just to please one group of players. I wouldnt support that.

Some people play these militairy shooters and dont care or want to know about the real weapons, and thats absolutely fine, but the developers of the BF games go that extra step to stay true to reality as much as possible, especially when compared to other FPS games and people like me appreciate that even if others dont. I dont have contempt for either group and fail to see why anyone is being concieted by bringing it up.
I suppose it sort of confuses me when people bring up the specific bullet type for the weapon when they enter an argument over weapon damage or suppression, which feels a little bit stupid considering the obvious that; it's a game in which is balanced for online competitive multiplayer.

To be clear, I'm not calling out either yourself or Rude. Your posts however did jog my memory of how many youtube videos with commentary I've seen that put so much emphasis on bullet type for BF3.

Apr 02, 12 at 1:50am
KR_1250

quote Machienzo
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
It's actually a different bullet.
Both 7.62, but different variations.

The argument is still valid, though. 240s F people up.
I get that it's a Battlefield game with an emphasis on guns, but I don't really understand why people love to gander on about bullet type. It's not as if that's a emphasised point of the game, and it doesn't matter what kind of ammo the gun would use in the game (bar Shotguns) because damage statistics are tweaked per gun, and not per round. In short, it seems like a useless fact to bring up outside of the game mechanics as a way. Almost even spoken in conceit.

Yeah true rudeboy,

The Mk11, M40, M60, M240B and M93 all use the 7.62x51. But then barrell length, bullet grain and propelant type come into things, but all i mean is if a sniper wants an EZ mode one shot kill im all for it, but in a game this realistic i want one aswell using a similair weapon.

And Machienzo, theres no real need to take that attitude. Some people like Rudeboy and I have a genuine interest in weapons, we are not commenting to be awkward or smartarsed. In all honesty i think BF3 is a great game for sticking to realism anyway and i fully support the way most weapons are currently balanced, even if it bends the realism to some degree. However, what i dont want is them bending realism at others expense just to please one group of players. I wouldnt support that.

Some people play these militairy shooters and dont care or want to know about the real weapons, and thats absolutely fine, but the developers of the BF games go that extra step to stay true to reality as much as possible, especially when compared to other FPS games and people like me appreciate that even if others dont. I dont have contempt for either group and fail to see why anyone is being concieted by bringing it up.

Mar 30, 12 at 8:38pm
Machienzo

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
It's actually a different bullet.
Both 7.62, but different variations.

The argument is still valid, though. 240s F people up.
I get that it's a Battlefield game with an emphasis on guns, but I don't really understand why people love to gander on about bullet type. It's not as if that's a emphasised point of the game, and it doesn't matter what kind of ammo the gun would use in the game (bar Shotguns) because damage statistics are tweaked per gun, and not per round. In short, it seems like a useless fact to bring up outside of the game mechanics as a way. Almost even spoken in conceit.