Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Help the Borderlands Neowiki! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Aug 09, 11 at 11:01pmShane

Just thought I'd throw this up in case anybody's interested in doing some work for the Wiki. The Borderlands Wiki is basically a giant store of information pertaining to anything about Borderlands. It works the exact same as any other Wiki. Any user can edit it, so long as you have a Neoseeker account.

If you're new to Wikis check out this forum for beginners tips on how to code and what to look for.

Basically, you can check out the Wanted Pages listing for pages that haven't been made yet. Once you've got the basics of the coding down, which is easy to get the hang of, you can create and edit pages to your hearts content. Short Pages is also a good listing to check. If you're not confident enough to completely code your own pages yet, you can easily flesh out pages that have already been existed with your own facts.

Just be sure not to plagiarize from other Wikis or sites. Make sure it's your own content.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 22, 12 at 11:00am
Theman

I'm trying to help, but I've been away on a trip for a while I'll get back at it Wed.

Oct 20, 12 at 2:05am
Dragoon

The work you're doing is fantastic, Ditnopota! Definitely setting an example and demographic for the wiki. If you, or anyone else need help on anything wiki related don't hesitate to contact either me or my fellow Wiki Super Administrator, Avalith.

Oct 19, 12 at 9:33pm
Ditnopota

Gonna give this a bump of sorts (not really 'bump' per se since it's stickied). The wiki is a bit dry right now and could definitely use A LOT of work.

Characters, weapons, enemies. Whatever you think the wiki needs, please, do not hesitate to add it or at least PM someone involved in the wiki to ask whether or not your desired contribution would be ideal. Any help will most certainly be that; help. A big one considering how lacking in info this wiki is right now.

EDIT: Thank you Dragoon <:

Just trying to help out the best I can is all.

Sep 20, 12 at 9:37am
Theman

Would any one be needing a basics page? What I would do is list all the basic things you can do and list some tips on how to do them better.

Sep 19, 12 at 10:31pm
Nagare

I remember this wiki, haha. Theman you should just create pages that you think people would like to reference or need more info about. The page Eiche linked to isn't necessarily what is "wanted" by viewers so much as it is a list of all the things that are trying to be referenced from another page.

Sep 19, 12 at 6:18pm
Eiche

Theman

Try these Wanted Pages, they're mainly pages that have yet to be created.

Sep 19, 12 at 10:56am
Theman

I'll put up any thing you guys need. Just PM me what it is and I put it on there. I'll also just put stuff there for anyone.

May 27, 12 at 9:27am
Dragoon

Just popping my head in here to remind you all this wiki does indeed exist haha!

Remember that myself and the other members of the wiki super administration team (In Motion and Avalith) are here to answer any questions you might have. You can also contact out Wiki Janitor team (Symphonic Abyss and Lesley Pro_04) if you need general maintenance done with the wiki; moving, deleting, renaming, protecting, etc pages and image files. Remember if you see anything untoward on the wiki, report it to us via the Wiki Problem Reports forum. Don't worry if you get a message after posting in there, it is a private forum after all - but if you just want confirmation it went through don't hesitate to PM myself or another super.

Cheers guys! ^__^

Aug 10, 11 at 11:38am
Shane

They're both the same Wiki, Shiny Mew. Think of them like a wiki for each series. You just have to start adding pages for Borderlands 2. There will obviously be a Borderlands 2 main page, but all the info will be on the same wiki.

Aug 10, 11 at 1:33am
Shiny Mew

I edited the Borderlands a lot imo. Granted I did it for free microsoft points. But I didn't even get those anyway because the creator of the event disappeared.

I'll definitly edit the Borderlands 2 wiki whenever I can but I don't feel like editing Borderlands.