Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Weapon... customization?! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 11 at 12:23pmShane

I'm so torn about this. I don't know weather I'd like to see it or not see it. We all know the charm about Borderlands is that whatever weapon you get is just that. You can't upgrade it or you can't downgrade it or anything. If the weapon you have isn't good enough, you just haven't done enough loot hunting yet.

At the same time, being able to have a degree of customization over your weapons would be pretty cool. I think the only way it could work is if you could break down weapons you've found. Remember how in the first one there were side missions where you had to find a gun's stock/barrel/sight/grip and clip? Well maybe you could break any weapon down into those 4 or 5 categories and replace them on any other gun. That way you'd be able to break down 2 or 3 good guns and make them into one great gun. At the same time, if you'd done the work and managed to find 3 or 4 really good weapons, you'd be able to form them into one uber gun.

Still. I like having to find guns instead of being able to forge them. So I dunno.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 23, 12 at 2:12pm
Solx

If you could farm the pointless Whites and smelt them into a base material for forging then it wold give me a reason to pick them up.

Sep 23, 12 at 1:21pm
Wayneth

I have a descent idea! How about for 'A PRICE' you take a weapon, for example a magnum or sniper rifle etc, to a place where parts and skins can be changed and customized, but the stats and effects of the weapon remain unchanged. Also if the weapon is a DAHL for example and it has fire elemental then that narrows down the parts and skins available to that particular brand and/or elemental effect. (SO IF YOU LIKE A PARTICULAR SIGHT AND YOU WANT IT RED BUT YOU WANT THE BARREL TO BE WHITE WITH A THINGYMAJIG HANGING OF THE SIDE OF IT THEN IT'S GOOD TO GO!)

Sep 04, 12 at 3:42pm
Eiche

I would honestly love to change the color of my guns. I always disliked using bright yellow guns.

Maybe scopes as well, but that's pushing it.

Sep 02, 12 at 11:57am
Vicarious

Yeah color only plz.

Sep 02, 12 at 2:18am
DestiniesFool

I could appreciate cosmetic customisation, (colours, patterns, that kind of thing), just to make that awesome gun you love really your own. As for performance customising....I'm not really into that idea. I loved the whole, 'what you find is what you roll with', attitude in Blands.

That said, new ideas are what keep games fresh and exciting (hopefully), so I'll reserve judgement until I've actually tried it ingame for myself. If I don't like it I'll just ignore it and hope it doesn't have a negative impact on my effectiveness ingame. I'm pretty certain I'll love the game whatever.

Aug 30, 12 at 10:45pm
Prowl

I wouldn't bother playing this game much if i could just buy parts and make the worlds best gun

If i can change my guns to pink ill be happy.

Aug 30, 12 at 4:44pm
SpartanNinja

Idk... Having a certain customization would be nice... Like adding a small percentage of damage or accuracy, or adding elemental damage to a certain degree, or zeroing in the mag size. Boosting a 2 shot revolver to a 3 shot could be quite significant for instance. Or the opposite taking a 6 shot down to a 5 or whatever and increasing the accuracy because of it. The balancing issue in all these is that they are rare and expensive too make sure you don't just go around customizing everything. Uniques and Pearlescent weapons are off limits... stuff like that. I could definitely get used to something like that cause in the end the impact on the weapon will be small.

Aug 29, 12 at 10:32pm
Bl 1 lover

Lol it has been confirmed that you can customize color and decals. Also there are randomly found e-barrels that change weapons slitley and are very rare. E- barrels turn sniper rifles into railgun like weapons and assault rifles into laser beam like weapons.

Jul 15, 12 at 8:55am
Mostyman

Yeah I don't want customizing at all-I'd rather find rarities. Wouldn't it suck to waste your Eridium, cash or whatever else in upgrading just to find something better later on? If this game has a playthrough 2.5, I'd probably wait until I got the max level rarities before even thinking of touching them (unless some boss is really giving me a hard time).

However, it'd be cool to see a Parasite Eve style tool sytem where you could move something good from one gun to another (and lose the original of course). Or perhaps a FF7 Materia system for equipping elementals? I also like the part-huting idea and am reminded of the Cronosceptor peices from Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.

May 12, 12 at 7:58pm
One Luck

As said many times before, just the designs please. It would make that ultra rare gun even more unique. Especially when you find someone with the same ultra rare gun.