Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » What do you want to see? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Aug 05, 11 at 4:16pmFoquinha

so what are your hopes and expectations for this game? do you think anything needs adding to the first? or maybe removed? just discuss what you would do if the games development was in your hands.

For me a few things spring immediately to mind;

Character customisation: whilst I enjoyed the characters in the first game, like a lot of contemporary sandboxes I would like the option to fully customise my characters appearence. They could also integrate this into gameplay by having particular items of clothing or equipment scattered around the game world for you to find, a la Fallout. This would also make playing online much more interesting seeing as everyone would have a unique character, it would be intriguing to see what other people came up with.

Vehicles: considering the vast size of the game world vehicles were necessary for travelling fairly long distances, but to me driving in the last game just didn't feel right and was at times just damn annoying. The vehicles also felt massively underpowered and I at times I actually felt more vulnerable driving then on foot seeing how quickly the vehicles health bar depleted. So I feel this is an area that needs improving, the handling and power.

Up-gradable weapons: weapons were (obviously) a major part of the game, with millions of unique variations, but I would also like to see some ways of upgrading them. Maybe by applying elemental upgrades similar to those of your characters action skill, or maybe by adding silencers or interchangeable barrels for added power. Maybe it could just be aesthetic upgrades?

Well there's a few of my ideas, I'm sure I'll come up with more later

and just in case you guys haven't noticed this forum yet: Twi666 Axe

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 10, 11 at 11:06pm
DevilCouldCry

I would add a lot more character customization. All so, the game felt very repetative and boring in some parts i.e when you're a high level and nothing seems to pose much of a challenge anymore.

Oct 13, 11 at 11:51pm
Lupirio

Shadow of Death
Anarchy FTW >=D

I rather liked the 1st and most of the things I'd like to see has already mentioned. What I personally would like to see is more enemies per 'camp'.
I remember going nuts on the Crimson Lance outpost (just before Knoxx) and when I got to the end, I was kinda disappointed there were no more enemies.
But overall there should be more then 2-3 enemies emerging from their hidey holes before you must move on for more combat.

Sep 20, 11 at 10:19pm
sifer

Yes, please, oh please, they need to make rocket lauchers viable. Somehow. If you weren't using a Rhino or maybe a triple launcher on humanoids they were useless. Specially with how quickly you run out of ammo...

Sep 20, 11 at 10:00pm
Shadow of Death

quote Foquinha
and, exaggeration aside, you're saying that's incorrect?
Although I don't entirely agree and he is certainly exaggerating as you said, I also get where he is coming from.

Although there are only a certain number of weapon types (like Assault Rifles, snipers, rockets, etc) there are a lot more platforms than that, a lot more. However, aside from the fair number of unique weapon types (red text denoting these), of the more common types there are certain common traits. Like all the Anarchy weapons are just variations of eachother (Level/Strength, RoF, clip size, etc).

Still, Borderlands 1 had a LOT more weapons to choose from that pretty much any other FPS I've seen.

I don't really have any complaints with the number of weapons and variations in Borderlands. Plenty of choice. They would just need to add some more (like an official grenade launcher for fun), fix up issues with some of them (Rockets and Rocket shotguns namely), etc.

Though apparently they're going back to the drawing board and doing all new weapons. I do hope to see a reprisal of the Anarchy weapons though, they were awesome. Hellfires/Firehawks and Nemesis too.

Sep 20, 11 at 4:08pm
Foquinha

quote 4 Aces
quote Ded Valve
quote 4 Aces
There was nothing wrong with it in the 1st place. It had about 10 weapons, with diffent levels of power and accessories. Quite frankly i find that lazy.
You find having multiple versions of weapons, nearly all forms of currentw weapons including one made up weapon (eridian) with distinctive stats between manufacturers and over hundreds of thousands of possible combinations lazy?

Well by all means go ahead and make more weapons.

In that case, off the top of my head, GT5 has millions of cars and Fallout New Vegas has millions of weapons and characters to choose from.
and, exaggeration aside, you're saying that's incorrect?

Sep 20, 11 at 11:28am
Shave ya Head

quote Ded Valve
quote 4 Aces
There was nothing wrong with it in the 1st place. It had about 10 weapons, with diffent levels of power and accessories. Quite frankly i find that lazy.
You find having multiple versions of weapons, nearly all forms of currentw weapons including one made up weapon (eridian) with distinctive stats between manufacturers and over hundreds of thousands of possible combinations lazy?

In that case, off the top of my head, GT5 has millions of cars and Fallout New Vegas has millions of weapons and characters to choose from.

Sep 19, 11 at 9:33pm
Ditnopota

Flamethrowers.

Sep 19, 11 at 7:11pm
DedValve

quote 4 Aces

Sep 19, 11 at 4:00pm
sifer

There was also 2 types of each weapon except Snipers. And like...4 types of rocket launchers...

I'm not getting the lazy part. Sure, it'd be great for even /more/ types of weapons. But they did pretty well.

But, on topic, I want a melee class. Something like the Crimson assassins, fully equipped with random melee weapon drops.

Sep 14, 11 at 8:29am
Paper Fox

4 Aces
Repeater/revolver, SMG, combat rifle, rocket launcher, shotgun, sniper. And Eridian I guess. What else is there?