Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » WEP KEY » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Aug 04, 11 at 7:12pmBioDork

I'm trying to connect to my Pokemon Heart gold Wifi. I went to the Wifi set up at the start, I clicked my internet connection and then it ask for a WEP Key.

I thought it would be my password to get on the internet, but apparently it's not the same thing as my WEP key. I did the "192.168.1.1" thing, and got to this page: http://i53.tinypic.com/zivb61.jpg

Can anyone help me on how to get my actual WEP Key?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 19, 13 at 12:45am
Arcer

yea but even with higher security internet u can get on the regular internet on the ds but not on hg/ss?

Dec 01, 12 at 8:05am
sufian

hola pokemon amigos uuuuu ais ganado estoy mui contento

Sep 05, 11 at 10:36am
Fractal_Unicorn

My DS is set up to my home router connection which uses a WEP key.
The WEP key can normally be found right on your Router box.

I've never had to turn off security...

Aug 06, 11 at 11:49pm
OMGnara

I had this problem when I got HG again a week ago. My internet was using WPA, so I just changed it to no password/protection for ten minutes so I could trade.

Not only do you need to change the protection type. But you have to change the channel from auto to 1 or 11.

There should be a mode of some sort, I changed mine to 150 b/g/n from 150 b/g

And then on the WAN services, the firewall had to be taken down.

I don't know if this will help you, but it is what I had to do to get on with HG. It was found in a Nintendo forum, I'll link it if I stop being lazy/can find it.

Aug 05, 11 at 1:09am
Aulis Vaara

Well, the problem here is that your router uses much better security than Nintendo included in the DS. You don't have a WEP-key, because your router doesn't use that security. In order to go online with your DS, you need to change your router's setting.

I could guide you through it, but perhaps it's better to ask the person who set up your home network (if said person lives with you, or nearby).

Aug 04, 11 at 7:12pm
BioDork

I'm trying to connect to my Pokemon Heart gold Wifi. I went to the Wifi set up at the start, I clicked my internet connection and then it ask for a WEP Key.

I thought it would be my password to get on the internet, but apparently it's not the same thing as my WEP key. I did the "192.168.1.1" thing, and got to this page: http://i53.tinypic.com/zivb61.jpg

Can anyone help me on how to get my actual WEP Key?