Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » RPG Maker VX » General Discussion V: Event Commands > 'Show Text' » Post Reply

RPG Maker VX Forum

profile  screens  wiki  discussion board  

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 26, 11 at 6:10amRabla

Because the other one hit 30 pages.

Continue to not post here.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 24, 13 at 3:40am
Ultimaodin

Helladen - Yeah, kick the RPGs ass!

Also holy crap, GD activity!!!!!

2 bloody projects handed in today and now I'm exhausted. I still have to go to work tonight. I just want sleep. Give me sleep!

May 22, 13 at 1:53pm
jaydenfox

quote Rune Ripper
jaydenfox you dual-booted to get Windows on your Mac, right? What did you use to help you do it? I've been wanting to do it for a while, but been put off by the confusing guides I've found.
Actually, Boot Camp wasn't working for me so I did it manually. I had Windows 7 on a flash drive. I had to run several repairs with Disk Utility to get it to even partition my drive 'cuz apparently things were messed up xD But then you just have to stick the thing into your USB port and hold down "option" to access the "Startup Manager" or something. From there, select to boot from the flash drive, it should run whatever's on there and you choose your partition that you created for Windows (make sure it's formatted correctly). The only problem after that was that, since I didn't have Boot Camp helping me, it didn't install the drivers necessary for the Windows computer to use mac hardware, so I couldn't get internet or anything, even when plugged directly in. I ended up needing to download all the drivers and such from my mac partition, put them onto a flash drive, and pulling them out once again for my Windows partition. And to access the PC partition, you do it the same way as before - hold down the Option key on startup to get to the startup manager.

Just today, I actually started receiving the parts that I ordered for the computer I'm building I'm building a Hackintosh, but I got two separate SSDs so that I could run both Windows and Mac without having to partition a drive. The rest of my parts should arrive between tomorrow and a week from today (the 29th) so I'm excited

Just be careful. If you're on a Macbook Pro or other laptop, getting Windows 7 will hurt your battery life... If you're on an iMac or a Mac Pro, you'll be fine xD

Rune Ripper how were the guides confusing? Trying to run OSX on a Windows machine is extremely difficult, but dual booting Windows on a Mac isn't so hard.

May 22, 13 at 11:22am
Rune Ripper

jaydenfox you dual-booted to get Windows on your Mac, right? What did you use to help you do it? I've been wanting to do it for a while, but been put off by the confusing guides I've found.

Apr 16, 13 at 11:21am
Helladen

quote harbin
If there is one thing life has drummed into me is to always keep backups.
I actually lost my RPG files recently as well, but it seems to be going much better now... I learned a lot since then, so hopefully the game will be better.

Mar 30, 13 at 9:10am
harbin

I have noticed that a few RMXP scripts will work on RMVX though. Mapping in VX was one of the lets downs in that. It just seemed alot more restrictive than XP. RMXP if utilised properly can lead to some beautiful maps, especially if you're great a parralax mapping.

Mar 29, 13 at 5:00pm
Syfe Kuroslayer

They will. although its a RGSS2 --> 3 thing you need to worry about.

although switching the tileset without having to use a script is nice. and i have always used the front view for these

Mar 28, 13 at 6:55am
harbin

So what actual difference is between VX and Ace then? Most of it looks like the scripts in VX will work in Ace.

I've got three or four other projects I want to work on as well but two of them are related to the current project (kind of a prequel and a sequel), and the other two are VX projects. I really want to focus on getting this one done first though.

Looking through the video, never did like the front view battle system like that. If it had sprites on the field like in Mystic Quest then fair enough but I just never liked the faces being hit.

Mar 28, 13 at 1:07am
Syfe Kuroslayer

quote harbin
agreed.

although as far story progression goes in my new project (Dreams of Reality) i have started maybe progressing in it. (i have this notion of a rescue of a close friend in mind but no way to start it)

but after a short reality cut scene 'Slade' somehow ends up back in the dungeon he was first in although its slowly sinking around the exit doorway. he is finally able to go through the door. however he learns that one of his friends is in danger (although he dismisses it at first) he rushes on ahead (without recovering his empty MP gauge) to save them

Mar 27, 13 at 12:38pm
harbin

Mar 27, 13 at 10:07am
Rune Ripper

Gave my brother my laptop forgetting about my project, and he cleared it. Now I have the urge to carry on with my project. I hope I can recover it.