Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 » Roster Leaked » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 20, 11 at 6:27pmAkira_EX

Capcom:
Firebrand
Strider Hiryu
Phoenix Wright
Vergil
Nemesis
Frank West

Marvel:
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Iron Fist
Rocket Racoon
Nova

Capcom uploaded images too early; been taken down now

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 20, 11 at 6:26pm
Saikyo Mantis

Very true. It was like the source was half right for characters and stages. The X-Men Danger Room was true (main menu background stage) and Asgard at night (meant for NY Comic Con) was revealed, so there is some kernel of truth to the rumors. The MODOK comparison to Iron Fist would be way-off though.

Speaking of Phoenix Wright, UMvC3 higher-ups have been letting slip some hints:

“UMVC3 Phoenix Wright may be my fav fighting game char design of all time. V fun, effective, totally himself, and of course, insane.”
-Seth Killian via Twitter
and

“At the end of the stage show Ishizawa mentioned that out of the 4 remaining characters Phoenix Wright is probably one that people are wondering about. Then the discussion turned to Phoenix Wright. According to Niitsuma, Phoenix fights without fighting. His standing weak attack has him showing the opponent some documents. His crouching weak attack has him looking for clues on the floor.”
- Member of the UMvC3 development team during TGS stage show panel
Maybe they'll reveal the final four at next month's New York Comic Con...

Sep 18, 11 at 7:23pm
yoyo123

Just wanted to point out that we didn't get a look at Phoenix Wright or Rocket Raccoon during TGS.

Sep 02, 11 at 11:57am
Millennium Master

I like the sound of Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright and the Danger Room (with X-Men cameos).

Sep 01, 11 at 10:01pm
yoyo123

I can't wait for Iron Fist. He sounds amazing. I have high expectations for him.

Aug 30, 11 at 6:10pm
Saikyo Mantis

On the topic of leaks, there is a juicy set of rumors echoing around the Internet. enzo_gt of NeoGAF explains that someone over 4chan's /v/ board claims to be a Capcom employee and has been posting "spoilers." If it all turns out to be true, then yeah, it is spoilers, so CAUTION to those who might want some surprises concerning character play style and new stages. If it all turns out to be false, then... get ready to read some plausible fiction. Either way, it is interesting...

Rumors:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Tokyo Game Show
Just a heads up for folks looking forward to the Tokyo Game Show reveals:
  • New build. The top tourney players we have working with us are just digging deep for hours a day.
  • 4 characters. Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil, Iron Fist.
  • 2 new stages. Danger Room (with X-Men cameos) and Outer Space (Space Battle)
  • Most of the game's new modes will be revealed, with a heavy emphasis on Spectator Mode and its specifics.
  • The remaining modes, characters, changes to single player, and MvC3 bonus are being revealed at New York Comic-con
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Iron Fist
Q: How about Iron Fist? Is he like Fei Long, Yun, what Gene could've been?
A: Aside from being a martial artist? None of the above.
Iron Fist is more like the idea behind MODOK and his stockpiled LoU but applied to a melee fighter. Since I first saw his gameplay I always likened him to MODOK + Jam Kuradoberi from Guilty Gear.

I'm certain comic book fans will recognize a lot of his moves since they're very distinctive.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Rocket Raccoon
Q: Does Rocket Raccoon Have Cable's Hyper Viper Beam?
A: No, he doesn't. A word of warning to fans expecting warmed over retreads of Marvel 2 characters: Don't. The team has outdone themselves in making the characters unique.

Rocket Raccoon is very fast on his feet with crisp movements. He's the same size as Viewtiful Joe, and is affected by the weight of his gun (which is determined by the last attack's strength (L, M, or H). He can aim most of his attacks in a similar fashion to Taskmaster, but his melee options aren't very strong.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Vergil
I posted the information that'll be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show this year. Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil, and Iron Fist are the 4 characters being revealed on the 15th.

As for his gameplay? That question reminds me of similar ones posed for Dante. If you played him in Devil May Cry 3, you feel right at home with him as he retains the majority of his moves and dynamics.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Phoenix Wright
Very reminiscent of Norimaro from Marvel Super Heroes. Wright's the most comical character in the game. He's a keep-away character where his animations are him stumbling or fumbling around.

And since you asked, his level 3 is a counter hyper much like Deadpool's. If you touch him while he strikes his signature pose, the canned objection animation plays and you take damage and lose a bar of meter.

His attacks are stronger than you'd expect, though.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Frank West
Frank West is largely unchanged from Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so he still retains his moves from that game. Frank West was actually near-complete so all it took was adjustments to his moves in the new UMvC3 environment.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Nova
Nova rules mid-screen, and his setup is similar to Firebrand in that a lot of his moves cause him to go (and stay) airborne. That's where he really shines, with one nice thing is the visual flair his attacks have. They're golden but have black crackles to them.

He's also fast, with his beams having different properties.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

MvC3 Bonus
And the MvC3 bonus is just the MvC3 downloadable costumes available at the start.

The bonus is having the MvC3 downloadable costumes for free. "Iron Patriot" Iron Man, "Super Soldier" Captain America, etc...

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Character Selection
Character Selection process was a long time ago, though Svensson wasn't lying when he said Megman (X) and Gene were in the final selection pool. What he didn't mention is that said group was very large. That's the stage where we got Vergil and Phoenix Wright.

Character selection process is over, and has been for a very long time. No other Megaman besides X made it into consideration.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Future DLC Characters?
We're waiting for sales figures on Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 before any DLC plans are considered and finalized.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

New York Comic Con
On last pair of stages to be unveiled at NYCC:
  • Metro City with "Days of Future Past" elements (previous series characters in the background replacing hoodlums, poster, etc..)
  • Midnight Asgard with a shining rainbow tree in the background.
Two characters: Nova and Frank West

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Aug 16, 11 at 12:12am
Saikyo Mantis

ohhh, I see. Well, hopefully they don't give the Raccoon a voice that is too annoying.

In fact we may be hearing voices really soon. This week in Cologne, Germany is GamesCom. Already, the big fighter titles like SoulCalibur V and Street Fighter X Tekken have been dropping character reveal trailers so it is only logical a UMvC3 will join them. The only question is who will they officially reveal and when. This is my guess on how the already-leaked roster will be served up:
  • Dr. Strange and Frank West at GamesCom (mid-August)
  • Iron Fist and Vergil at Tokyo Game Show (mid-September)
  • Nova and Nemesis at New York Comic Con (mid-October)
  • Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright at week of release (mid-November)

Jul 27, 11 at 9:34pm
Shinobi_razor

colored speech bubbles just means the character has an unusual voice. Deadpool is said to have a voice that sounds like gravel and gasoline, whatever thats supposed to mean. since the shade of yellow is a bit annoying, some people speculate that indicates his voice sounds annoying.

i think the jagged box means that character has a "booming" voice, or perhaps that they are yelling or talking loudly, but im not entirely sure.

Jul 27, 11 at 2:50pm
Saikyo Mantis

I looked into Rocket Raccoon by leafing through a few issues of Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) using the month of free Marvel Digital Comics that came with my MvC3. Rocket is a wise veteran type of leader character. He has an assortment of large guns and is listed as a tactical and demolition expert. They might make him like Cable (Hyper Viper Beam!) and be a blaster/trapper, or they could make him like Captain Commando and center all his supers and specials around his teammates (sort of how Tron has Serve-Bots do all the work, or how Hawkeye has an Ant-Man cameo for his Level 3 Super). Some of Rocket's teammates are a bit odd, though. There's a green Kratos guy, shoulder tattoos and everything, called Drax, and Star-Lord looks like a Killzone Helghast with his helmet on. Perhaps this is not-so-subtle Sony marketing?

You know how in comics Deadpool has yellow speech bubbles? Well in Guardians of the Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon had jagged yellow speech bubbles and Adam Warlock had the normal rounded yellow kind. Any comics readers want to clue me in what the significance the yellowed speech bubbles have? Is there some kind of special tonal inflection? A gruffness like a Christian Bale Batman or perhaps a whimsical brightness approaching dementia?

Jul 21, 11 at 3:15pm
Millennium Master

That Rocket Raccoon looks like a fun character to see in action.

Jul 20, 11 at 7:57pm
Saikyo Mantis

Wow! That hype train to November just went full-speed off the rails and into a volcano. Weeks of gleeful speculation evaporated.

quote Akira_EX
Capcom uploaded images too early; been taken down now
Now that's a challenge. I'm intrigued enough to hunt these images down...

... and this is what I found. Compiled here by IntelliHeath:

Phoenix Wright

An ace rookie defense attorney in the Fey and Co. Law Offices.

Nova

Richard Rider, a member of the galaxy's Nova Corps. Like "space cops" with cosmic powers.

Frank West

Hero from Dead Rising (2006). A photographer stuck in a zombie-infested mall.

Dr. Strange

Sorcerer Supreme (well, recently succeeded by Brother Voodoo). Regularly battles Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath.

Vergil

Dante's twin brother.

Rocket Raccoon

Member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and inspired from a Beatles song, "Rocky Raccoon."

Nemesis

From Resident Evil 3, Nemesis is a bio-organic weapon, created by the Umbrella Corporation as a form of supersoldier with orders to hunt down and kill all STARS members.

Iron Fist

Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist. Think Batman, but overflowing with Kung-fu and mythology. Partnered with Luke Cage (Power Man) for Heroes for Hire.