Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Information Thread/Discussion » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 19, 11 at 10:43pmZuidy

quote Nintendo
Launches: 2012
Size:Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller:Approximately 5.3 inches high, 0.9 inches deep (not including buttons and other projections) and 9.0 inches long. The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.Other Controls:Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Media:A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output:Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output:Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage:The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU:IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

GPU:AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Other:Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

*videos shown not played on Wii U, games are confirmed for Wii U however

Disc storage is 25GB Single Layered, Double/Dual Layered is 50GB. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the original Wii is double/dual-layered.

Wi-Fi has a possibility of making a big turnaround allegedly. Face chat was a shown feature in an E3 Video

Supposedly what we have for downloadable content at this point would be the ability to download a number of GameCube games and WiiWare.

The HD will be 1080p if you connect through an HDMI port on an HDTV via HDMI Cable. The original Wii only had 480p, about the equivalent of an old DVD.

Nintendo has also announced that the Wii U will be able to support 2 Wii U controllers at the same time.

The Wii U is allegedly going to have a significant increase in it's RAM, pitted against it's predecessor.

Wii U will have it's own drawing studio built in, as seen HERE

I am sure there are a lot of details that can be added so I wouldn't mind a little of help on this one. This forum isn't the most active ATM though so just getting the basics are good.

Also, you can use this thread for an information source and a discussion thread.

So, general thoughts/impressions/opinions/general discussions are all welcome here!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 26, 12 at 5:46pm
Zuidy

I really don't quite know where to start to update this...... Where can I find all the E3 Wii U info in the E3 thread here...... Don't wanna dig through 30 pages of Sony and shit till I can find Nintendo.

Nov 10, 11 at 7:37pm
Zuidy

quote Gotenks
E3 2011 took place June 6-9.
Oh. Wow.

Proves how bad I am with the days of the week and the dates of the days of the week.

Nov 10, 11 at 7:35pm
Gotenks

E3 2011 took place June 6-9.

Nov 10, 11 at 7:35pm
bbb7002004

quote Zuidy
Gotenks

Oh, I thought it was earlier.

bbb7002004

That sounds right. When was it last year? I don't remember it being in Summer. But maybe it was, I dunno really.
Its typically in mid June now.

Nov 10, 11 at 7:33pm
Zuidy

Gotenks

Oh, I thought it was earlier.

bbb7002004

That sounds right. When was it last year? I don't remember it being in Summer. But maybe it was, I dunno really.

Nov 10, 11 at 2:23pm
bbb7002004

Nintendo never reveals official specs, we'll have to wait on the rumor mill or for someone to actually get a system and take it apart. What we will see is the final aesthetic form of the console/controller, how many controllers it will really support, and most importantly see some real games being played on the thing. Price and release date is a bit more iffy, if its coming late summer/early fall then they'll probably tell us and if its coming closer to the holidays I imagine they'll hold off and have a specific conference in October for that info.

Nov 10, 11 at 4:10am
Couttsy

i thought it was always in june, that must just be me, but i dont doubt that they will reveal some of the wii u specifications at the conference

Nov 10, 11 at 3:18am
bbb7002004

They used to hold it in late May, but after the show died those couple of years they started back up in June.

Nov 10, 11 at 2:45am
Gotenks

Zuidy: No, it's always been June for the most part.

Nov 10, 11 at 12:56am
Zuidy

quote Couttsy
well Nintendo always has a big conference sometime in february each year so hopefully we know some more info then
Ehhhhh........ I think we can expect more to come from E3 than a conf. as far as Wii U goes.

Considering that there is another thread in this forum stating that Nintendo will show the final Wii U system there.

(Also, JUNE for E3? WASN'T IT EARLIER LAST YEAR?????)