Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker's Patriot WildFire SSD Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 02, 11 at 3:42am
Shadow of Death

@Leochan

Seriously, I don't know much about SSDs but that seems gorgeous TBH. I think with my OCZ 60GB SSD it takes something like 25 seconds to boot up which is pretty fast IMO.

Also, could you tell me some numbers about how well it compares to say, 7200RPM and 10K RPM drives? I know write speeds are a weakness with SSDs, but I'm thinking they're catching up nicely now. especially with this sexy drive.

I don't mind the price myself. By the time I get yet another computer (hopefully some 2.5+ years from now XD) I'd be able to get an even faster one, for a lower price I would think >_> Still, if I was building a rig RIGHT NOW with my own budget, I would definitely get this baby <3

Jul 14, 11 at 12:43am
leochan

The Patriot WildFire is a 120GB SSD using the latest Sandforce SF-2281 controller, and 32nm MLC NAND memory. Together these components promise enterprise-level performance in a package priced for hardware enthusiasts. Hit our review to see if the WildFire can live up to its name, or if it ends up burning out prematurely.