Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » External Hard Drives » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 06, 11 at 5:55amThe Don

What's a good brand of external hard drives that aren't terribly expensive? I'm looking for a 300gb+ hard drive at around $50 but I don't want it crapping on me after a couple months.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 30, 12 at 12:43pm
ashantiqua

the only hdd to ever die on me was an external 500GB western digital drive. died a little after a year (just out of warranty at that time, if memory serves me).

if youre using an external hdd for data / file back up and dont want to go the internal hdd route, id buy a second external hdd that you keep turned off for the majority of its use, and only power it up when backing up critical files from your main hdd / primary external hdd.

Jun 28, 12 at 2:58am
luke67677676

The best brand of external hard drives would have to be:

Seagate [AND]
Iomega

Jun 28, 12 at 2:14am
utalia

Exploring Internet with good web browser

Jun 18, 12 at 1:01pm
xx2liu

external hard drives are pretty cheap these days. I'd get seagate I think staples is selling 3TB for 69.99 limited time.

Jun 17, 12 at 7:45pm
keyqueen

quote deacrip
I recommend the Toshiba Canvio 500 GB Portable Hard Drive, it is only $50 now.
I have one of thouse but it died on me today even though it was working fine less then 2 hours before and it gave no sign it was going.

Nov 28, 11 at 8:18am
SgtMartin

External I would go with seagate internal I would go with seagate or Western Digital

Oct 14, 11 at 10:48am
andrewfletcher

I would also suggest getting one from Seagate.

Oct 14, 11 at 7:25am
shayne

50 bucks is a little bit hard man, pretty cheap
you're gonna need to get a sale or a deal or something :{

Oct 14, 11 at 4:07am
deacrip

I recommend the Toshiba Canvio 500 GB Portable Hard Drive, it is only $50 now.

Sep 30, 11 at 6:59am
SgtMartin

I have never had a problem with a Seagate HDD. However I have had a few problems with Western Digital mostly External HDD. I had four external 640 GB HDD die on me with 4 months after buying them. However WD internal HDD are great!