Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic » My Little Pony Wiki » Post Reply

Toggle Pony Sprites: ON | OFF

Toggle Ponytars: ON | OFF

Note to Guests: Welcome! Have you taken a second to read the forum Guidelines first yet? Please do so!Announcement: The Guidelines have been updated for clarification as to what is and isn't acceptable, particularly in regards to pictures and video.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 27, 11 at 12:28amBread Effect

MY LITTLE PONY WIKI

Since we have our own community to talk about the current season of My Little Pony, why not bring over the wiki information?

A quote from the current thread in the wiki forums:

quote Daedric Prince
I hereby request the creation of a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic wiki. While there is only one season at the moment, the second season is definitely going to happen and it's production is almost done. Created by Lauren Faust (who also worked on Power Puff Girls, Fosters Home for Imaginary Kids, etc) the show is an enormous success. While originally created for a young female demographic, males between the ages of 20-30 dominate the total viewers percentages. It is extremely popular, and since starting a discussion a week ago, we have over 1000 posts of discussion in the Halo Social forum alone. It has dedicated fans, and I've had many requests that I request the creation of such a wiki. There would definitely be people willing to work on it. I myself would be willing to spend even up to an hour or so a day adding to it, I need a place to channel my fandom, and I know others are looking for the same. The fan base is much larger than I ever expected here at neoseeker, as can be witnessed by fans participating in "showing brony pride" by donning pony avatars/signatures.

Different pages could include pages for each of the "main characters"

Twilight Sparkle
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie
Rarity
Princess Celestia
Princess Luna
Spike
Nightmare Moon
Zecora
Owlowliscious

And even sections devoted to minor characters that the "brony" fanbase has picked up on:

Derpy Hooves
Doctor Whoof AKA My Little Timelord
DJ P0N-3

To clarify, all the ponies I'm referring to in the previously mentioned section are all in the show, and are not fan made.

and a variety of others. Each character has many elements that could be incorporated into their page, from specific episodes to their characteristic "freak out" moment, which all of them have an episode dedicated to. The fanbase allows for more than just show canon, but also for the fan made "canon" that the creator has acknowledged and is responding to, adding things to the show to encourage/go along with the older fanbase.

Much information can be included, worked on, and perfected before the release of season two, and it would be nice to get a head start on this. I know a lot of people would have much fun editing and perfecting a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic wiki

We are currently doing a very good job with adding content, but there is so much information we still need! Character profiles, episode summaries, and of course more images.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 05, 14 at 8:49am
kingy

K sounds good

Jan 05, 14 at 8:42am
Symphonic Abyss

Awesome. :) Thanks. Check out our wiki forums or just let me know if you have any questions regarding our editing policies, or simply how to edit.

Jan 05, 14 at 8:40am
kingy

Ok sweet. I'm actually behind on quite a few episodes, but I'll catch up on those and work on the character bios in the meantime.

Jan 05, 14 at 8:35am
Symphonic Abyss

Kingy - Sweet! I'll guess you'd watched all of the episodes and whatnot? Basically, the wiki needs things like episode guides and updated character bios. Do you think you can do at least one of those things? Episode guides would be simply typing everything out that happens in any given episode, and character bios are self-explanatory. I can help you out if you ever have ANY questions. Just notify me in here basically.

Jan 05, 14 at 8:30am
kingy

quote Symphonic Abyss
Hiiii guys!

So, uhh, bronies(?), would any of you be interested in helping out on this NeoWiki? We'd love to see it bloom somehow, and I feel like the best way to do that would be to get a strong community, such as this one (a really strong community, +1 from me haha) together to help out. Anyone willing to work? It obviously does require time and commitment, but quite a few of the current wiki editors (for any wiki) can help you out if you have questions, and if you are interested, I'll personally be over here to assist with coding or whatever you guys need.

Thanks!
I'm in!

What needs to be done?

Jan 05, 14 at 4:34am
hiigaran

ive never really been interested in the wikis myself, so count me out. sorry.

Jan 04, 14 at 10:59pm
Symphonic Abyss

Hiiii guys!

So, uhh, bronies(?), would any of you be interested in helping out on this NeoWiki? We'd love to see it bloom somehow, and I feel like the best way to do that would be to get a strong community, such as this one (a really strong community, +1 from me haha) together to help out. Anyone willing to work? It obviously does require time and commitment, but quite a few of the current wiki editors (for any wiki) can help you out if you have questions, and if you are interested, I'll personally be over here to assist with coding or whatever you guys need.

Thanks!

Aug 31, 11 at 7:22am
hiigaran

well in that case then, i retract my retraction of the omigoshomigosh

Aug 31, 11 at 1:12am
kingy

Hahaha nono guys it's definitely positive...

Aug 30, 11 at 6:32pm
Bread Effect

quote Dragoon
Stitch, you're such a troll. Panicing people like poor old Bread Effect.

+1 internets for you <3
Weird, that didn't notify me. .-.

YEAH STITCH DONT SCAREZ ME.

<3