Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Paper Mario: Sticker Star » NO PARTNERS >:O » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 14, 11 at 10:50pmMikkoBoi

They pleased us with Paper mario and TTYD
They screwed us over w/o the RPG Feeling thing on Super paper mario
Then they bring back the original schtuff but take out the partners.
Complete bs

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 14, 12 at 5:32am
Zeezow

Although I initially said if there were no partners I wouldn't get the game, I am glad I got it after all, it's pretty fun even without that amazing addition... but I'm still hoping we get our partners back in the upcoming game!

Dec 13, 12 at 8:34pm
Spook

He's actually not as difficult as it first seems. I found the chain chomp bit to be the toughest, 'cause I had no idea what to do initially. But if you focus on the tail...

Dec 13, 12 at 8:06pm
0656910a

Nope no partners now I will never beat bowser

Nov 11, 12 at 4:41am
Dorayaki

quote axlryder
I just don't understand why they would get rid of them. I mean, beyond extra space on the game, what benefits does this render? The partners always added a ton of personality, a more interesting and fun battle dynamic and provided a lot of meat for the story. Stickers on the other hand? They're stickers. Kind of hard to get emotionally attached to a sticker.

I dunno, I just hope they had a good reason for getting rid of them beyond making room for this new sticker system.
UH, wait a minute. Partners should be an issue which faces the basic problem of Mario series.

A longterm problem of SMB is that many of main characters aren't involved with Peach's kidnaping, and if they do Mario should have a bunch of his old friends (Toad, Luigi, Daisy) to be with him since the very first prologue. Just like SPM, maybe it's time for Daisy and Toad's show if partners should be different in each game.

In the 1st and 2nd Paper Mario, partners in both games are all original characters, even though there weren't main characters in 64 era. The problem of the partners (Goombario, Koops) is that they' don't recieve any other appearance in new games. If the staff don't know how to recycle, adding new partner is just another way of wasting time no matter how good they are.

If the two problems didn't get resolved, it's not nice to ask for a "partner". Therefore, I'm still worried about the story of Sticker Star.

Oct 26, 12 at 11:44pm
Gotenks

It will take a hit a bit without them though. Which is a shame.

But as the first Paper Mario handheld game, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Oct 26, 12 at 4:42pm
Quixotic

quote Sigma
    After further consideration about the topic, i've decided that it no longer really bothers me that there aren't any partners. I actually really like the idea of temporary partners during sidequests and stuff, and I feel like that'd be a really cool idea and would definitely work. :3

I agree, Sigma. Sticker Star seems like it'll do just fine without partners.

Oct 26, 12 at 4:12pm
RegalBryant

quote Sigma
quote axlryder
Stickers on the other hand? They're stickers. Kind of hard to get emotionally attached to a sticker.
    It's also pretty hard to get emotionally attatched to paper, but ya' know.

I understand what you're saying though. Alrhough they did personality and such, who's to say temporary characters won't do the same thing? I mean, obviously we don't know yet, but still, they could have great personailities.

They're temporary. Even if they do have personality, then they'll just take their personality with them when they leave. And then I'll be sad. ;_;

Oct 26, 12 at 3:08pm
Sigma

quote axlryder
Stickers on the other hand? They're stickers. Kind of hard to get emotionally attached to a sticker.
    It's also pretty hard to get emotionally attatched to paper, but ya' know.

I understand what you're saying though. Alrhough they did personality and such, who's to say temporary characters won't do the same thing? I mean, obviously we don't know yet, but still, they could have great personailities.

Oct 25, 12 at 11:05am
axlryder

I just don't understand why they would get rid of them. I mean, beyond extra space on the game, what benefits does this render? The partners always added a ton of personality, a more interesting and fun battle dynamic and provided a lot of meat for the story. Stickers on the other hand? They're stickers. Kind of hard to get emotionally attached to a sticker.

I dunno, I just hope they had a good reason for getting rid of them beyond making room for this new sticker system.

Oct 24, 12 at 8:49pm
Sigma

After further consideration about the topic, i've decided that it no longer really bothers me that there aren't any partners. I actually really like the idea of temporary partners during sidequests and stuff, and I feel like that'd be a really cool idea and would definitely work. :3