Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Assist Trophies » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 13, 11 at 1:39amGotenks

Back in Brawl, we had Assist Trophies introduced to the series. Most of the Assist Trophies turned out to be good and well designed and useful at times. Others, were useless and left some of us hating the Assist Trophies. I'm looking at you Nintendog and Devil. That being said.

Would you like to see Assist Trophies return and if so, what would you like to see return/removed or added?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 30, 12 at 3:11am
BlueLore

micaiah would be a good choice for an assist trophy,since she could use magic and/or heal the player,representing 2 aspects of the fire emblem game.

a character from the newest fire emblem is also possible or medeus,the archenemy of marth(if he isn't a boss already).

Sep 29, 12 at 2:14pm
AgatioGanon

What if Lyn becomes playable?

Who would be a good choice for a Fire Emblem assist trophy?

I was thinking maybe put Lyn on the roster and have Micaiah as the Fire Emblem assist trophy

Sep 28, 12 at 12:35pm
bbb7002004

Hammer Bros. were the first miniboss in the Mario series. That should count for something.

Sep 28, 12 at 5:59am
Gotenks

quote GaTheZakk
As for Lakitu's importance, Gotenks I'm sure you played Mario Kart before, good series right?

Does Lakitu not play a important role the Mario Kart series, especially Mario Kart 7 when he's acually playable?
Him being playable doesn't really mean much tbh. Just because Koopa has been playable in a few Mario Kart games and Goomba is playable in the Baseball games...yeah tell me how that works. xD

But you made me realize the importance of Lakitu and that is Lakitu is usually the character always holding the camera in some of the Mario games. Super Mario 64 is the perfect example. They use Lakitu as the cameraman and I believe he waves the flag in every Mario Kart game so there's his importance, alongside being a pain in the arse in Super Mario Brothers when he throws the Spinies.

Thanks for the reminder.

quote BlueLore
but you can't really say that the hammer bros are more iconic than koopas or goombas themselves,they are well known enemies(like the lakitu),but that goes for nearly every recurring mario enemy.
Eh, it could be argued in a way but I also really like the Hammer Bros. enemy so I would be going into the argument as a Hammer Bros. fanboy.

But when I think of the Mario series in terms of enemies, I think Bowser, Hammer Bros, Goombas, Boo, Koopa Troopas, and Chain Chomp.

quote BlueLore
bowser jr.has in my opinion better chances as a character than as an assist trophy,since his debut,he appears in most main games(only 3dland and nsmb2 are exceptions).
I was surprised he wasn't in Brawl as an Assist Trophy tbh. But a lot of people want him as a character as well. Which I wouldn't be opposed to. As long as he wasn't a Bowser clone.

Sep 28, 12 at 4:07am
BlueLore

but you can't really say that the hammer bros are more iconic than koopas or goombas themselves,they are well known enemies(like the lakitu),but that goes for nearly every recurring mario enemy.
Also the lakitu being playable in mario kart 7 doesn't have anything to do with his appearance in brawl since mk7 came out much later.

Another example is knuckle joe,who is a regular and not even very well known enemy from the kirby games.
In fact many people still don't know that he is just a regular enemy and think he is an individual character.

It is also similar to jeff from earthbound,he isn't as important as some other earthbound characters,like paula or even giygas,but he still is an assist trophy simply because of gameplay reasons.

similar to that the starfox assist trophy is actually the fake andross from the original game,but well brawl treats this fake andross as if it were the real one,so it can be overlooked in this case

bowser jr.has in my opinion better chances as a character than as an assist trophy,since his debut,he appears in most main games(only 3dland and nsmb2 are exceptions).

Sep 27, 12 at 10:21pm
AgatioGanon

I agree, Gotenks.

The Hammer Bros are a very important enemy in the Mario series, there are even many different types of them like:

Hammer Bros ( iconic originals )

Fire Bros

Sledge Bros

Amazing Flying Hammer Bros

Chargin Chucks ( they look like recycled Hammer Bros to me )

Another thing that could iconic about Hammer Bros. is in world 8 in the NES Super Mario Bros, these guys were the most fustrating enemys in that game and that makes them remeberable.

As for Lakitu's importance, Gotenks I'm sure you played Mario Kart before, good series right?

Does Lakitu not play a important role the Mario Kart series, especially Mario Kart 7 when he's acually playable?

As for Bowser Jr, I think he definately will become a assist trophy in Super Smash Bros 4, in fact he might have more of a chance than the Koopalings unless they find a way to have all seven of then attack at the same time.

Sep 27, 12 at 5:13pm
Gotenks

The Hammer Bros. kind of make sense as an Assist Trophy imo. They were always enemies on the map in Super Mario Bros. 3 or New Super Mario Bros. so that made them feel like they were a bit more important than other enemies like the Goomba or Koopa Troopa. At least for me that's why it makes sense to me.

Not sure about Lakitu though. It might just be because anyone who has played the original Super Mario Bros., knows how annoying Lakitu can be. xD

I'd be fine with keeping Waluigi as an Assist Trophy. I've never been a fan of Waluigi so I'm not that high on having him as an actual character. At least if he remains an Assist Trophy then I won't mind as much.

Sep 27, 12 at 12:47pm
BlueLore

But assist trophys don't always follow that logic.
The mario series has Waluigi,Lakitu and the hammer bro as assist trophys and while waluigi makes sense,there is basically nor real reason why they should have included the hammer bro and the lakitu instead of bowser jr.

Assist trophys are seemingly chosen not by their importance,but also by how they could act in gameplay or represent the series as a whole.

Sep 27, 12 at 11:55am
AgatioGanon

I'd still rather have one of the main characters from Golden Sun, like Saturos and Jenna as a assist trophy because they are important characters to the series for example

Saturos is a end boss to the first game and he's remembered for the fight against him at Mercury Lighthouse and being the best end boss in Golden Sun history as of yet, but most of all everyone who played Golden Sun knows Saturos as a cool villian.

Jenna would be considered more important than a summon too because she plays a very important role helping Isaac save the world.

I really don't see them putting any of the summons as assist trophies and reason is because characters such as Jenna or Saturos would be better choices because of what role they play to the series.

Acually I don't care which one they put in, I like both Jenna and Saturos.

Who has a better chance of being a assist trophy, Jenna or Saturos?

Daisy is one of my favorate Mario characters, just thought I'd ask

How about Cynthia from Pokemon?

She could send out her Lucario, Garchomp and Spiritomb and use her own version of Triple Threat were Lucario uses Aura Sphere, Garchomp uses Dragon Rush and Spiritomb uses Dark Pulse.

They could also have Cynthia's Lucario use Aura Storm since that was his final smash Brawl and it would be a cool way to keep the move around.

Sep 27, 12 at 5:27am
BlueLore

summons being an independent item would be cool,but I don't tink it'll happen,since the golden sun series isn't that big.
Waluigi will probably remain as an assist trophy if he doesn't become a character(I don't think he will,but we can't be sure)
And I doubt daisy could be an assist trophy,I mean what would she do?
She never fought in any game and she looks too similar to peach in her daisy-coloured outfit(which will most likely return or may even be changed into a complete daisy-costume)