Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Feedback] Ads on mobile mode » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 11, 11 at 12:05amAvalith

I don't know who initiated this, but they're annoying the hell out of me already. I don't mind if there are ads for financial reasons, but can we:

A. Not have them follow you as you scroll up or down on the page (I'm currently getting one for the HTC Inspire that's doing this on every page on Neoseeker).

Or

B. Offer a paid mobile mode that removes these ads if they're staying around. I'd gladly pay $5 or so a month to use mobile mode without any ads.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 30, 13 at 1:02pm
Avalith

quote tekmosis
As an update to this, with the addition of neoseeker plus, you can disable the ads in mobile mode.
Yes, but it's a bit of a band-aid fix. People could also find an ad blocker for their phones that accomplishes the same thing, only without Neoseeker making any money. There are still a few ads that like to scroll with you. I don't mind ads, but I do mind them interfering with my browsing on a mobile device. If they could be coralled into one spot at the top or bottom of the page I'd be a happy camper with or without the option of disabling ads on mobile with n+ and I'm sure plenty of people coming in off of Google or Bing without an account to sign up for n+ with would feel the same way. It's great to have a mobile mode unlike GameFAQs, but it 's not great to try and click a link to a thread and have an ad get in your way at the last second because it takes its time scrolling down with you. I imagine that could be a turnoff for potential new n+ subscribers.

Dec 27, 13 at 3:20am
dilute

Makes browsing on my Vita incredibly slow. But yeah, N+ is here, so you could just disable Ads that way.

Dec 16, 13 at 2:18pm
tekmosis

As an update to this, with the addition of neoseeker plus, you can disable the ads in mobile mode.

Feb 11, 13 at 8:03pm
Avalith

There's now an ad for the Travel Channel following me. The frequency of them appearing appears to have slowed, but there's now also white space at the top where ads SHOULD be. I get one or two "following" ads a day, but then no ads at all if they don't appear, which makes the white space unnecessary.

Feb 03, 13 at 7:08am
Nagare

I'm seeing Old El Paso sticking at the top and following me down at the same time. Super exciting stuff and I wouldn't really mind if it didn't lag up a bit.

Feb 03, 13 at 6:12am
Avalith

Adding Toshiba to the list of annoying ads.

Jan 31, 13 at 9:27pm
walnuts

I too keep getting Old El Paso following me around the screen - shits me to tears.

Jan 31, 13 at 9:16pm
Avalith

Bumping this up. Ads that are following me on mobile mode currently are:
  • H&R Block
  • Netflix
  • D.O.T.
  • Old El Paso
These are a few examples, but really every ad I've seen in the past week has followed the page. I liked them better when they were up top and remained in one place. Currently using the stock browser on a Galaxy S3 and the floating ads don't affect the keyboard, but the slight lag in the ad reappearing sometimes causes me to click the ad instead of a button or link.

Jun 29, 11 at 11:07am
SwiftBlade

quote Whelan
So many times I've tried to press notifications and I've ended up logging myself out.
Yes, this. Like literally just now, I tried to click on the post field, but ended up hitting the Num List button instead.

It's a minor point, but a point nonetheless.

Jun 29, 11 at 9:07am
Rune Ripper

First visit to Neoseeker since the mobile mode was introduced and it all seems fine, adverts act just as they do on a computer; they stay at the top.