Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Harvest Moon DS Cute » Roleplay Discussion Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 11 at 10:36pmHarvest Moon DS Cute

Welcome to the most current

Roleplay Discussion Thread!!

Roleplay Account
This is the account designed by Lexi, Tay and myself (Alyak) to run the roleplay and associated threads.

This Thread
This thread is meant to discuss anything and everything RP related. Right now, that includes a RP title, plot points, and pretty much all the other logistical things. This thread will take over from the Moderator's Corner, where these things were discussed prior to now.

Once the RP has started, this thread will be for OOC posts, to keep the RP thread relatively spam free. It can be used to discuss upcoming events we may want to have in the RP, sort out things that may be confusing, or for people to find other people to RP with and discuss what may happen (though you can also do this through pm).

Rules
Regular forum rules apply, of course. Basically this boils down to no spamming, no flaming, no double-posting, and just be respectful. But this forum has always been good with following these rules.

Closing
Well, that's all I can think of for now. And while Alyak wrote the original post, I'm going to refrain from signing off my name since chances are both Lexi and Tay will edit this post at some point. So, discuss away!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 20, 13 at 2:43pm
Kutiekinzie

*bump*

okay I'm really curious about this cause I'm thinking of including it in my next post:

quote Kutiekinzie
edit: Also, I'm not very sure if we've discussed it yet, but is there anyone working/living on the farm? If nobody has said anything about that yet, I think that the default character for HMDSC should live on it.

Sep 09, 12 at 6:33am
livstme

^ that is because this the pre-roleplay. It is very unrealistic that one day a bunch or unrelasted strangerws randomly show up on the same day.This pre-roleplay allows people to post differnt days so that characters can get established before we start the actual role-play where everybody is on same day.

Sep 04, 12 at 12:55am
Angelic

Is anybody going to post?? Sorry, it's just been ages

quote Kutiekinzie
Ugh, I'm confused. In some posts it's winter and in others it's summer and it's all so very confusing. D:

edit: Also, I'm not very sure if we've discussed it yet, but is there anyone working/living on the farm? If nobody has said anything about that yet, I think that the default character for HMDSC should live on it.
Well mine is in summer but maybe I have got it completely wrong

And the posts do go at different paces like I have only been one day so far whether some people have been weeks so I don't know - sorry

Aug 25, 12 at 11:07am
Kutiekinzie

Ugh, I'm confused. In some posts it's winter and in others it's summer and it's all so very confusing. D:

Apr 15, 12 at 11:50pm
Angelic

Is this still going??

I made one and I hope that is okay

Jan 14, 12 at 7:21pm
viola charlotte

i made my character~
i hope she's okay, let me know if i have to fix anything ~ (:

~ Viola♥

Jan 11, 12 at 4:18pm
beccyorange

I just wanted to bring this back up, I think the forum needs this (:

Oct 03, 11 at 11:53am
Thalia

Sounds perfect, Rain!

Oct 03, 11 at 3:46am
Crystal Rain

Thalia brings up an interesting point I hadn't considered. I'd rather there are no powers. It just doesn't seem overly realistic, nor is it fair.

If we want powers perhaps small amounts of witchcraft would be allowed, but we'll have to see. It will all have to be learned though. No 'innate' powers; nothing mind-reading or flying or the like. It will be magic to help the crops grow, to lend strength for building, that sort of thing. Make sense? Everyone agrees?

One character for the pre-RP would be best. ^^ And when the RP starts you can either have one main character, or one main and an NPC. You only have three 'slots' to start with, and mains take up two, NPCs one. It's all outlined in an earlier post of mine.

Oct 02, 11 at 9:05pm
Thalia

Hey, I have a bit of a request, Crystal Rain:

It's about powers. Now, I personally really hate it when characters in RPs are allowed powers, 'cause then they're all telepaths who can fly and turn invisible while shooting great balls of fire out of their armpits, but I know that some people really like characters with powers.

So, if we choose to allow powers, could we have a limit of one power* per character? And all human characters (which makes more sense, since there's no other established species in the game). I really like RPs that are about characters and interaction, and when everyone's fighting to say "well I have water powers!" "well I'm a fairy-witch hybrid whose grandmother was a leprechaun and whose bathed in the River Styx!" "well I can shapeshift and spit balls of fire while doing the macarena and oh yeah, I'm the lost heir to the throne of Begiperancolopodobia!" I find it really takes away from the quality of the RP. And then all the normal human characters end up victims of a superiority complex at the hands of the superpower!characters.

*By one power, it would be Mind Reading, Telekinesy, Super Strength, Super Speed, Invisibility, Communication with Animals, or an equivalent specific power that doesn't allow room for "Well, because she's telepathic she can also send her thoughts and read the minds of animals and move things with her mind and predict the future and make people fall in love with her" interpretations.