Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » The Tribunal » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 11 at 7:42pmpipripx

so how does everyone feel about it now that it is up ?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 08, 12 at 3:42pm
MegaBassMan

quote ShadowCrystallux
There was a guy reported twice in 1 game using a number of racial slurs, swear words, unkind banter and other things, but because he got 20/5/8, he got let off by the general public. Wtf, he was such an asshole to his team though. I hate the voters on the tribunal some days >.>
I skip those cases, because I know the feel. I don't want to make an accurate judgement, but not get credit for it just because the general public sees it differently.

It sounds selfish, but yeah. What are ya gonna do?

Nov 08, 12 at 3:20pm
ShadowCrystallux

There was a guy reported twice in 1 game using a number of racial slurs, swear words, unkind banter and other things, but because he got 20/5/8, he got let off by the general public. Wtf, he was such an asshole to his team though. I hate the voters on the tribunal some days >.>

Nov 08, 12 at 2:58am
Lorx

Found some more fun little Tribunal Tidbits while browsing redposts;

Three failsafe checks for false bans? Three? Here I thought they were running only one.

quote Lyte as usual
The average player gets reported in less than 1% of their games--you could argue those reports are "false" reports that the average player gets.

Such extreme care is taken to avoid false bans that the number is currently extremely low. Any players that are falsely banned tend to be caught by our 2nd and 3rd failsafe checks and we have a Player Support team that is dedicated full-time to correcting these cases.

Something interesting that I've noticed is that many banned players will only post bits and pieces of the information we actually e-mail them... almost like they are trying to make a case on the forums when they themselves know they did something wrong.

You have to remember that to even get to the Tribunal is pretty difficult; right now, the average player sent to the Tribunal is in the bottom 0.6% in terms of toxicity in the NA territory. This is also one of the reasons we decided to manually review a handful of cases in the bottom 0.7% to 0.8% of accounts and escalate accounts where necessary.

In saying this, I can see which accounts are smurfs and which account are newbies, I can see which accounts are trying to 'fake' innocence and pull up pre- and post-game chat. There's maybe 1 case in that thread where I'm ambivalent, but the player only got a warning that I believe will make a difference in that player's behavior so I wouldn't overturn the warning anyway.

I know you're probably thinking, "Well, give us that extra information that you have then!" However, it's not that simple. There's privacy laws and related issues that vary from region to region and what's OK in North America might not be OK in a country in Europe. Each additional piece of information also requires development work and we have to constantly weigh our priorities and determine what's the best value we can provide to you, the players. Ultimately, for some reason or another, players came to the same decision we would have if we manually reviewed the case with all the extra information that we have at Riot--even though players had less information to begin with.
source(s)

Oct 08, 12 at 10:09pm
Grimdark

quote WakeCraterWind
Far be it from me to judge when I don't know what happened, but seems to me like you were more likely reported for being insufferable or uncooperative, not your skill level or how well you carried. I mean, 20/4/10 is great, but not good enough to get you out of a ban.
I'm not talking about individual skill in that case, in that specific example it was because I went top and the guy begrudgingly went bot that we even won both lanes and the game.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:06pm
WakeCraterWind

Well the entire reason builds are unconventional is that they often need cooperation and some specific enemy comp to function as effectively. I can AP Yi well, for example, but he needs a lot of communication and a little bit of the stars to align in the draft pick for him to function. AP Yi also benefits a lot from a AoE team comp, and often mass-disablers like Morgana, Malphite, and Amumu, to really shine in teamfights.

Thus, communication is essential in the pre90 seconds. If I pick AP Yi, and the rest of my team is running a poke comp, I just f***ed them and myself over by not communicating.

quote DC Sniper
but still got like 3 reports for taking his lanewinning and saving us the loss.
Far be it from me to judge when I don't know what happened, but seems to me like you were more likely reported for being insufferable or uncooperative, not your skill level or how well you carried. I mean, 20/4/10 is great, but not good enough to get you out of a ban.

Oct 08, 12 at 6:47pm
Lorx

Mad or no DC Sniper, your tone in this thread is not acceptable, change it.
Conduct expected whilst you are on Neoforums falls along the lines of common sense etiquette/nettiquette. When you go out of your way to be annoying, you can expect to be warned or banned. In general, we ask you to refrain from irritating behaviors such as flaming, trolling, and spamming. Furthermore, please do not attempt to distribute or discuss any illegal software or counterfeit merchandise.
5man as in, 4 friends, no pubs. The people you don't have to "babysit" in champ select because you have the option of discussing things with them beforehand. Because yeah, if you're with pubs, you should be communicating what you're doing, especially if you're going against the grain. This is exactly why the Uncooperative report options exist. As you've said, this is a team game, to win, you should be attempting to work with your team, instead of writing them all off as not worth communicating to in the first five seconds.

As the part of my post you didn't quote state, I was assuming because I have no solid information on your bans, I'm no Riot employee, nor have you posted your records. I only know what I've seen, and getting banned because somebody else went afk, is not a real thing. Hence the conclusion that you went off in chat because he was afk. That could be wrong, maybe you did something else, but I'm fairly certain KZ being afk is not the reason why you got reported.

ADC Teemo is...eh, it used to be used for backdooring towers, but really fell out of favor as newer champions got released that could either do it better or punish him harder for trying. It's strength is that he gets a lot of utility and options for avoiding combat. Shroom up entrances as makeshift wards, when you spot an enemy hit your movespeed buff, book it to an suspicious corner, use your passive to wait out the enemy, then reshroom and continue pushing. tbh AP/AS Teemo is better at it, but I still see some ADC Teemos and while not amazing, it does function at the end of the day. Certainly nothing I would pick in a serious match though.

Oct 08, 12 at 6:15pm
Grimdark

quote WakeCraterWind
Jesus, bro, you're going to have a corollary at age 30 if you keep this up. You sure you want to play League if it winds you up this much? I can understand if you get sh*t games, I mean, we all do, but the difference is, how you handle it. Do you fly off the handle and get yourself reported in the process, or do you act like the grown-up adult you are and control yourself? The rules are clear, man. You don't get a free pass to join them if your team acted like a pack of whiny b*tches.

Also... did you just call me a little douchebag? I didn't insult you, man. Learn to control your anger.
You know funnily enough I wasn't even remotely angry when I typed that post. I don't fly off the handle, I do what's necessary to win and far too often, people aren't willing to do what it takes.
quote Lorx
DC Sniper, chill.
You can stop with this bit now.
Not cooperative with team: Unconventional lanes and fun builds are great, but they're something to talk with your team about beforehand, and ask. At the end of the day LoL is a competitive game, and reports will reflect that. In champ select you have to step up and say "I want to do X, do you guys mind?", if you want to just do it and not need to worry about pubs not being on-board, play 5man.
So suddenly I have to play babysitter and ask in a ranked match what 4 people are doing build-wise in 90 seconds? More often than not people lock in, "call" a lane, and go afk until the game starts. I'm not following what you're blabbering on about with 5man, that's all I play.
Hostile Attitude, Verbal Abuse, Harassment: (Khazix game) Yeah, camping on spawn for five minutes, not good. Should probably have reported him unless you sympathized for whatever plight he had. Not really an excuse to go off a wall in chat though.
I obviously reported him, but when did I say I went off a wall? Learn to read and stop assuming things.
We lost that game, because his party of 3 premades didn't give a *bleep*
quote Tashur Astur
I don't see the problem in running adc Teemo.. Teemo is cute no matter how you run him, and you always want to kill him. Not matter what.
Considering his mushrooms scale with AP and can easily do 1000 damage late-endgame, are placed around every 17-20 seconds, and helps Blinding dart/Poison, it's kind of a big deal.
Teemo is cute no matter how you run him
Good thing that wasn't relevant to why I said adc Teemo was a bad idea.

Oct 08, 12 at 4:48pm
WakeCraterWind

quote ShadowCrystallux
quote WakeCraterWind
Who would have thunk it? Being insulted by insults.
An insult that has been used by almost every gamer I know, including myself on rare occasion. If you haven't used it, then congrats, you're obviously the nicest person in the gaming world . Anyway, I don't just click punish if it's: A) very minor insults, almost banter style, B) 1 case of being a bit of a bitch (not full on), C) if someone was winding the case person up in the first place, they're only giving as good as the get, D) if intentional feeder is below negative 15 K/D or E) if it's just negative attitude and the case has barely said one negative word in the chat. People get so indignant these days "-_-. Saying that, I am a person who has learned to ignore idiots to an extent.
Hey, I know about thick skin man. You should (or shouldn't) check out the Thinker's Lounge. 9/10 I join a conversation someone takes it upon themself to call me a bigot and crazy.

And actually... I have never called someone a noob. I'm being serious. The worst I've ever said is "that was dumb" whenever one of my teammates royally screw up. Even then, I deflect it to what they did, not who they are. I've never even responded to anyone in kind. Does this make me the nicest person in the gaming world?
Anyhow, at the end of the day, an insult is still an insult, and hate is still hate, no matter what happened. We're not delivering poetic justice here, we're seeing who breaks the summoner's code. That's why I'm so hard on people in Tribunal. They knew the rules, and they broke them.

quote DC Sniper
People play games to have a good time. It's not having a good time when your team is *bleep*ing around in the spawning pool, being retarded as *bleep* in just about everything. Yeah, the whiny people that got butthurt and reported the player that WAS carrying their team with 20/4/10, WAS winning, WAS doing all the work, WAS TRYING TO WIN, and was incredibly angry that his teammates (who build stupid shit like adc Teemo) weren't doing *bleep* all. The problem is little douchebags (like you) don't give a shit. You don't care if you win or lose, you just want to *bleep* around and piss people off that are trying to have fun (read: win). In those games in that report I was trolled to hell and back for trying to win and we lost 3 or 4/5 of those games. In Call of Duty, I can understand that philosophy of just having fun through killing people. Games are 5-20 minutes in length, and MVPs are commonly carrying the team in Search and Destroy anyway. But this isn't Call of Duty. You should be doing an ARAM or be in a custom game if you want to *bleep* around. Blind pick, draft, and ranked games are 20-60 minutes and it's wasted time for 60 IP and a loss.
Jesus, bro, you're going to have a corollary at age 30 if you keep this up. You sure you want to play League if it winds you up this much? I can understand if you get sh*t games, I mean, we all do, but the difference is, how you handle it. Do you fly off the handle and get yourself reported in the process, or do you act like the grown-up adult you are and control yourself? The rules are clear, man. You don't get a free pass to join them if your team acted like a pack of whiny b*tches.

Also... did you just call me a little douchebag? I didn't insult you, man. Learn to control your anger.

Oct 08, 12 at 4:13pm
Lorx

DC Sniper, chill.

This is all just assumptions based on your post, and what I can extract from what you've said for what you may have been reported for;

Not cooperative with team: Unconventional lanes and fun builds are great, but they're something to talk with your team about beforehand, and ask. At the end of the day LoL is a competitive game, and reports will reflect that. In champ select you have to step up and say "I want to do X, do you guys mind?", if you want to just do it and not need to worry about pubs not being on-board, play 5man.

Hostile Attitude, Verbal Abuse, Harassment: (Khazix game) Yeah, camping on spawn for five minutes, not good. Should probably have reported him unless you sympathized for whatever plight he had. Not really an excuse to go off a wall in chat though.

Tartar Ashtur, Tank Teemo! Gotta abuse that global taunt passive <:

Oct 08, 12 at 1:37pm
Tashur Astur

I don't see the problem in running adc Teemo.. Teemo is cute no matter how you run him, and you always want to kill him. Not matter what.