Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » The Game Suggestions Thread 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 11 at 7:02pmRed 9

Continued from Here:

Last 3 posts:

quote Deception
quote Paradox
Alright guys, I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap, preferably under $25. It's okay if it's a little short.

I've played Oblivion, all of the Fallout's, RDR.... I was thinking about buying Vanquish or re-buying GTAIV just to mess around.
Yeah the two expansions are definitely a good idea if you haven't played them already, together they are longer then GTA IV, and I found them to be a lot better then GTA IV.
quote Aragorn Vzla
quote Paradox
I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap
if you managed to get a copy of mass effect 2 get it, i don't now how expensive it is at this moment but it's definitely a very good single player experience. You could get Assassins Creed 2 also, that one should be pretty cheap and is a good game if you haven't played.

Edit: you could get also Demon's Souls for under 25$ i believe, also remember that one of the things that drag down vanquish was the gameplay time. I read that it's like 8 hours and it doesn't have much else after you finish the campaign.
quote Paradox
quote Aragorn Vzla
quote Paradox
I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap
if you managed to get a copy of mass effect 2 get it, i don't now how expensive it is at this moment but it's definitely a very good single player experience. You could get Assassins Creed 2 also, that one should be pretty cheap and is a good game if you haven't played.

Edit: you could get also Demon's Souls for under 25$ i believe, also remember that one of the things that drag down vanquish was the gameplay time. I read that it's like 8 hours and it doesn't have much else after you finish the campaign.
I've played and liked all of those games, but thanks anyways I rebought GTAIV with the expansions and I'm having a blast. Also went ahead and bought Vanquish, haven't tried it yet.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 14 at 1:44pm
Retro

quote Cmm
XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is it worth playing?
Oh god yes

I sunk sooo much time into that game, then when Enemy Within came out I got that did it all over again.

Awesome games

Jul 15, 14 at 2:30pm
Cmm

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is it worth playing?

Apr 21, 13 at 3:05pm
Critical Damage 9999

what are some really fun RPG-like PSN games for multi players? I enjoy playing castle crashers and dead nation with friends, but thats all I have and I suck at exploring the PSN store, can anyone give me some suggestions of games to check out?

Feb 28, 13 at 9:33am
SpaceWalker

quote Polarity
quote SpaceWalker
My favourite game of all time is probably Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction... absolute masterpiece of gaming. The lack of multiplayer does not matter because the single player story mode is such an absolute tour-de-force.
I actually consider A Crack In Time to be vastly superior to Tools Of Destruction, although both are good games.
I know some people preferred it, and I thought ACIT had the best story, but ACIT's weapon selection (particularly the disappointing, uselessly inaccurate RYNO) was vastly inferior and unimaginative compared to all the fun weapons and the much more devastating RHYNO 4-Ever within TOD. And I likes the Raritanium levelling system and power-level display, two things they remoived from ACIT.

Feb 27, 13 at 6:00pm
Polarity

quote SpaceWalker
My favourite game of all time is probably Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction... absolute masterpiece of gaming. The lack of multiplayer does not matter because the single player story mode is such an absolute tour-de-force.
I actually consider A Crack In Time to be vastly superior to Tools Of Destruction, although both are good games.

Feb 27, 13 at 5:29am
SpaceWalker

In other news, the two Borderlands games are fantastic to try out. To anyone who hasn't played them before, I highly suggest you do.

Feb 27, 13 at 4:22am
Arietta

Ditnopota: I actually played both The Agarest War series and Disagaea, neither of which I enjoyed too much. I think I'm just not into strategy games.

Thanks for the heads up on the new Atelier! I have been following the series religiously and I have played Rorona, Totori, and I own Meruru but it's still waiting to be played.

Monterey Jack I also played Final Fantasy XIII, but on my 360. It was pretty meh. Never beat it.
I will get the other Neptunias once I play the one I own and if I like it.

Thanks!

I think Ni No Kuni will keep me busy for a while when my copy finally arrives.

Feb 27, 13 at 3:53am
Monterey Jack

Ditnopota you p much got all the horror games the PS3 has (no kiddies, Dead Space ain't horror although it does at least have some atmosphere). as for RPGs, I'd recommend Valkyria Chronicles, it's a pretty *bleep*in good game actually.

quote Saga
Well I'm finally on a small vacation so I'm looking for something to play.

Can you guys recommend something? I usually prefer RPGs but I'm willing to play anything this time (heck, even FPSs) except for fighting and sports games.

Games I own are:
  • Eternal Sonata.
  • Ar Tonelico Qoga
  • Atelier Totori
  • Atelier Rorona
  • Atelier Meruru
  • Dragon Age
  • El Shaddai
  • Genji Days of the Blade
  • Hyperdimensional Neptunia
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Rocksmith
  • Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
  • Soul Calibur V
Again I'm willing to play anything this time as I have little to do, but I prefer japanese RPGs so if you can recommend those too, I will thank you forever.
get the other Hyperdimension Neptunia games cuz they're heaps better than the first game. and I know people will have a whinge but Final Fantasy XIII is another good game you should try out.

Feb 27, 13 at 1:13am
Ditnopota

quote Saga
Well I'm finally on a small vacation so I'm looking for something to play.

Can you guys recommend something? I usually prefer RPGs but I'm willing to play anything this time (heck, even FPSs) except for fighting and sports games.

Games I own are:
  • Eternal Sonata.
  • Ar Tonelico Qoga
  • Atelier Totori
  • Atelier Rorona
  • Atelier Meruru
  • Dragon Age
  • El Shaddai
  • Genji Days of the Blade
  • Hyperdimensional Neptunia
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Rocksmith
  • Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
  • Soul Calibur V
Again I'm willing to play anything this time as I have little to do, but I prefer japanese RPGs so if you can recommend those too, I will thank you forever.

Most of those are on my list of games to purchase eventually. I'd say check out the Agarest War series. Tactical JRPGs that are apparently quite fun (the true endings are also apparently nigh impossible to get unless you like master the games). Then you got your Disgaea, and I'm pretty sure there's a new Atelier coming out soon (looks to be pretty good. I REALLY wanna pick up the Ateliers soon-ish).

Are there any really good PS3 horror games I'm unaware of? I own the Silent Hill HD Collection and I plan on picking up Downpour and the RE6 anthology (RE6 being the shit part; the anthology having every main series entry up until 6 being the attractive bit) sometime. On that thought, any really good RPGs that nobody should pass up on? I recently platted both Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I have an RPG itch that still needs a scratchin'.

Feb 21, 13 at 9:56am
allen33and88

quote DarshD
quote allen33and88
Started DMC first lol.

Have had absolutely no urge to game as of late, like at all. But I know sooner or later, I will again, its only a matter of when. Plus, haven't really had the time either, I mean I have here and there, but the need to play is nonexistent right now.
DMC HD collection is pretty fun, it's just that MGS HD is just wonderful collection of games that are like arts tbh. Both are fun to play though And if I remember correctly, both have plats that need some work to earn.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't play much games now but occasionally play with mates and that's it. I have plenty of games which I could easily plat if I spend some hours on them but I don't even get an hour to play during some days That reminds me, we still need to play RE6 together! There are some DLCs out now, are you planning on getting them? I might wait for a bundle or till all of my RE6 buddies have them.
Yea we do, I havent forgotten. Just got no urge right now, and time is a factor as well