Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Something weird just happened on my PS3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 19, 11 at 12:30pmShave ya Head

I was watching something on ITV Player when suddenly, it said the video could no longer be played because the internet connection had gotten to weak. Anyway i went to close the browser when a blue screen came up. It had a load of the same sentence, in different languages. In the middle one was the English one. It said something like some setting had gone haywire, press X to correct the problem. I pressed X and it restored the system to default settings.

I thought 'Oh shit' cos i didn't know what would get kept and what wouldn't. Anyway after it was done, i had to do the internet connection again, which i did. Then i had to sign in using my existing account, which apparently had dissapeared off the system. So i signed in, and then here's the strange part, it wouldn't let me go any further unless i either

1) Confirmed by Credit Card Details
2) Deleted them altogether from the system

I chose the latter, because it just seemed a bit strange. Anyone got any idea what happened?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 23, 13 at 11:53am
leestro420

i was playing darksiders then all of a sudden a thing pops up saying it cant sign into my account so i shut off the system and turned it back on thats when i got the blue screen then i tried to sign back into my account and it said it wasnt available or some shit like that and have yet to get it back

Aug 31, 11 at 12:39pm
Shave ya Head

Yep its all fine unclebobert87

Aug 31, 11 at 6:54am
unclebobert87

I got this a while back actually not long after 4 Aces posted this. My PS3 is still running fine, and it hasn't froze on the browser for ages.

4 Aces , hows your PS3? Can you watch ITV without problems? I can watch it, but sometimes it exits to the programme title screen near the end -_-

Aug 31, 11 at 3:05am
jbh

quote Aeirou
quote Twin_Master
Try and reproduce the error and then take a screenshot of it.
It's a real error but it's strange how he got it.

Anyway, if you have your credit card on your account than each additional system that tries to log into your account must confirm your credit card or delete the info.
Holy bump quote batman!

Anyway, doubt it's still an issue but this happened to an irl friend too. saw it first hand and it is very odd.

Aug 31, 11 at 2:44am
Aeirou

quote Twin_Master
It's a real error but it's strange how he got it.

Anyway, if you have your credit card on your account than each additional system that tries to log into your account must confirm your credit card or delete the info.

Aug 31, 11 at 2:11am
ElektroKunt

Same thing just happened to me on my 40GB (pre-owned).
Trying to watch Jeremy Kyle (don't ask), video didn't load, pressed Circle button and BLAM!!! Big fat BSOD.
Had to reassociate my accounts and everything

May 23, 11 at 5:26am
Twin_Master

May 23, 11 at 4:55am
VG4all

Thats very interesting, I have never heard of that before, but it seems like it might be a problem. How often do you think this happens or has happened before the hacking incident? I wonder if they are related? I would like to know if everything is back to normal and the PS3 is running fine, pretty scary event.

May 19, 11 at 1:28pm
Tomski

This is weird. I've never heard of this screen before. It might be worth backing up your data now if you haven't done already, especially if Nevermore's experience is anything to go by.

May 19, 11 at 1:20pm
Minds

This was the first thing to go wrong with my last PS3, it gave me this blue screen, formatted most of the hardrive and the stuff it didn't delete it corrupted then after that not so long after my PS3 just kept dying freezing before the XMB loaded and imploded the HDD on itself, hope the same doesn't happen to you but from my experience it could be going to die.

Quick edit: I didn't get the credit card info thing though, it just froze on me before that... But it is rather fishy.