Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » White Knight Chronicles II » Do people still use combos in WKC2?!?!? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 11 at 3:45pmRuthlessAB

I don't see the point of combos when most skills cost no ac.... Why would I waste my AC by doing a combo where all AC use of skills is increased. Why would I do this when I can just spam deadly Fang or w/e so I can transform to a Knight?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 02, 11 at 9:44pm
RuthlessAB

So does the slash bonus for longswords keep increasing the higher gr you get?

Sep 02, 11 at 1:20pm
xFODDERx

In addition to use of combos, combos are really handy once you have a critty on its back kicking his/her feet up in the air, once the knockdown happens if you combo the tails or bellies you can getting harder to find drops

Aug 31, 11 at 1:50pm
Ichikyo

Or simply lead to... Avatar Story .

Aug 31, 11 at 1:38pm
xFODDERx

ok for a couple of minutes the date were saying this post was in Aug lol, However, 2 major points

1) yes combos are useful, as most quests allow only 1 knight tobe used at any one time, im LS and tend to use Deadly or Final Fang alot, this is a massive MP drain, however i can move to small combos and allow the same attacks to keep coming forward, mainly have 3 combos 1 blunt 1 swing and 1 thrust. i also have others for fire and ice combos. this keeps me at maximum attack potential without effecting my mp to much.
2) not so much a spoiler now unless your US then dont read on, and dont know wether DLC effective or WCK3 (heard rumour wont happen), the final scene shows a windwalker been chased by a greaver, with your Avatar in whatever dress code he/she finishes the game on, jumping into the greavers path and the immortal words TO BE CONTINUED, this poses that more is to come with your Avatar being the main focus of attention. Added that Arcs are the only knights left following the final fight, then makes sense, and since created your character you give them a voice this opens up more possibilities

May 29, 11 at 1:05am
Alkor

quote Adrienne
Anyone know how customizable the knight is?
They can use 3 different weapons : 2 hands spear, 2 hands hammer, and sword/shield.
They have 5 armor parts : shoulder, chest, head, legs, and belt. I'm not sure about the names, but these are the affected areas.
They have 3 accessories, like the knights in WKC1.

You can change the colors of your knight, and I think I saw something about a custom name for it in the patch updates available on the Japanese website.

Your knight have a level, don't expect equipping it with incredible gear right from the beginning. I read the default colors for your knight are all green, and you can't use other colors before GR15.

Some of the info comes from here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEgt_dgG23M
There's a spoiler warning, so I preferred saying what I saw

May 29, 11 at 12:51am
/m/an

quote Adrienne
See for yourself.
customization vid 1
customization vid 2
Looks like armor, weaponry and color scheme are entirely up to the player.

May 28, 11 at 10:18pm
Adrienne

I like playing as my avatar. Are people going to be playing more as their knight now? I hope it is equal parts avatar and knight, not just transforming into the knight as soon as the opportunity arises.

May 28, 11 at 8:04pm
/m/an

quote chilly985
i have mixed feelings about this knights online thing myself i have no desire to be a "power ranger" but i guess is what every one wants how they will integrate a man made knight that goes to the non speaking party member in to the story is beyond me..

"who should we give this experimental wepion to? how bout that creepy mute that follows us around" Classic
that's not exactly how it goes
I'm not sure about the details but

but anyways
how can you not want to run around the battlefield as knight?
That's the whole reason why I bought first game and it will be 90% of the reason why I'll buy the sequel.

May 18, 11 at 6:16am
Guadalupei

quote RuthlessAB
Our characters are going to be ignored.
There are Avatar online quests y'know. There are 2 that I know of so far, so no, they won't be ignored. I guess this time, Lvl5 is putting more emphasis on your Avatar, since he is essentially the one the player will use most, if not all the time.

May 17, 11 at 3:44am
RuthlessAB

quote chilly985
i have mixed feelings about this knights online thing myself i have no desire to be a "power ranger" but i guess is what every one wants how they will integrate a man made knight that goes to the non speaking party member in to the story is beyond me..

"who should we give this experimental wepion to? how bout that creepy mute that follows us around" Classic
Our characters are going to be ignored.